Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Open the selection box- Christmas Forum Chat Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,737 ✭✭✭Glitzgirl

Cork Lass wrote: »
    Welcome back Glitzgirl. You have so much (positive) energy. I sometimes get tired just reading your posts.

Awh thanks Cork lass x although I had to laugh when I read it lol Def don't have as much positive energy at moment. I'm reduced to pointing at jobs and asking me glitz to do them hahahah let's say it's not going as well as I hoped :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 724 ✭✭✭Ms. Chanandler Bong

Now 80s music channel regularly has a segment called "million sellers of the 80s". Flicked past as Band Aid was on this morning :)

• Registered Users Posts: 724 ✭✭✭Ms. Chanandler Bong

https://www.petscribbles.com/how-to-make-a-stunning-teal-pinecone-ornament/

This is actually Day 1 of a bloggers challenge, 31 Days of Homemade Ornaments.

If you scroll down the page, you'll see links to the other 30 :)

• Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭French_Girl

This is actually Day 1 of a bloggers challenge, 31 Days of Homemade Ornaments.

If you scroll down the page, you'll see links to the other 30

Those are absolutely gorgeous!!!

Wish I was any good at crafts...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,351 ✭✭✭Littlehorny

Now 80s music channel regularly has a segment called "million sellers of the 80s". Flicked past as Band Aid was on this morning :)

Just watched the original Band Aid song on youtube this morning, as well as a couple of other Christmas songs.
    Had a meeting in work this week where we finalised the details for the staff Christmas party as well.
    Its getting so close to getting the decorations up, I'm fit to burst :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,737 ✭✭✭Glitzgirl

Was out yesterday to get some shopping done. Mr glitz took our two boys off to pick out a present for me and I did the shopping for both sets of grandparents and omg it was packed !

Took me an hour to get out of a multI storey car park :p definitly know christmas is around the corner !

• Registered Users Posts: 1,244 ✭✭✭lycan238

Ok so had to help out at a church gate collection last night. When I was coming home from there I decided to go into one of the local pubs where a few customers and the bar staff were discussing ... yup you guessed it ... Christmas parties.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,543 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

I was driving through a village last night and there is a little restaurant/chipper/shop and they had lights up outside for Christmas!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 383 ✭✭cinnamony

Been up to my elf ears recently moving out of the nest, after settling in I wake up in a world full of Christmas and I must say this has only made the transition that much more jolly!!

To celebrate I will be eating christmas sandwiches for lunch until the end of january, just had one today and omg divine!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

I made some pumpkin spice biscuits earlier and the house smells like Christmas.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,305 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

I made some pumpkin spice biscuits earlier and the house smells like Christmas amazing.

FYP ;)

Happy Halloween!

22815534_1706919899341230_9146923149811268860_n.jpg?oh=38e14c2a107aa9fbedbef68404e640b3&oe=5A73D23F

• Registered Users Posts: 2,441 ✭✭✭CheerLouth

Hanson Christmas Album is out!!!!!

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Finally-Its-Christmas-Hanson/dp/B076QFL7C3/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1509438967&sr=8-1&keywords=hanson

Yes, I know it's Hanson, yes I love them and yes I've bought it! :P :P :P

• Registered Users Posts: 560 ✭✭✭xDisneyDivax

:D:D:D:D:D

christmascarolseverywhere.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 560 ✭✭✭xDisneyDivax

Welcome back Glitz!! :D Missed your posts for while there ;) Hope your foster training was good!
    It’s always my weekend to start preparing for Christmas. Drawers and cupboards will be cleared to make room for the Christmas stash - you know the amount of stuff that has to be bought in case of hurricane / famine/ great flood etc.

Gotta say this inspired me to start on food cupboards last night and now I'm clearing out other cupboards along with......Christmas music playing!! I know it is Halloween but it is just for an hour to keep me going quickly :P Think I'm trying to convince myself that it is ok....:D

CheerLouth wrote: »
    Hanson Christmas Album is out!!!!!

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Finally-Its-Christmas-Hanson/dp/B076QFL7C3/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1509438967&sr=8-1&keywords=hanson

Yes, I know it's Hanson, yes I love them and yes I've bought it! :P :P :P

I love Hanson! Definitely need to check this out.

Celebrating Halloween by listening to Gwen Stefani’s Christmas album and drinking hot chocolate.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭erica74

It’s always my weekend to start preparing for Christmas. Drawers and cupboards will be cleared to make room for the Christmas stash - you know the amount of stuff that has to be bought in case of hurricane / famine/ great flood etc.

You left out an apocalypse, that's what I always say to my husband "yes, we need 4 of those in case of an apocalypse". Some people just have no foresight *long siiiiiigh* :pac:

:D:D:D:D:D

christmascarolseverywhere.jpg

This will be me at midnight.

I love Christmas so so much but all of a sudden today, I'm so excited for it, it just hit me!! :D I have a Halloween headband on in work and I'm imagining all the Christmas things I will be wearing.

One thing I HATE is that all the super cute Halloween and Christmas outfits are made for babies and children. I saw a beautiful Christmas jumper in Tesco yesterday... FOR SMALL CHILDREN ONLY *sobs* Why do clothes manufacturers hate me??!!

I love Hanson! Definitely need to check this out.

Oh yay! Great to meet another Hanson fan! :D We are a rare breed - I know only one other person who is a Hanson fan - I just bought their greatest hits as well for her birthday....in February :p

• Advertisement

I'm getting pop up Christmas ads for Lidl! :D

Happy November!

9c0683cbc10832db481919a07c665dd1.jpg

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

GREAT post freshpopcorn I love that pic!!!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

We can now say next month is Christmas :D

Now we can look forward to Christmas ads,
    Christmas cups in coffee shops.
    Shops getting busier and being fully stocked.
    Christmas shopping evening in shopping centers.
    Ice-skating.
    Lights being switched on.
    Being allowed to talk about Christmas.

Heart Christmas is now live. Sky channel 387.

#itbegins

My local Tesco in Waterford is undergoing renovations at the moment and the place looks absolutely awful. What a time of year to do something like that?! Their Christmas stuff is kind of all over the place and I hate it!! I hope they finish soon.

Saw a preview of the Costa Christmas cups this morning - got very excited and then a meh feeling...maybe they will look better in the flesh...at the minute I think last years were nicer!

CheerLouth wrote: »
    Saw a preview of the Costa Christmas cups this morning - got very excited and then a meh feeling...maybe they will look better in the flesh...at the minute I think last years were nicer!

I love them!

• Advertisement

Popped into Dealz for batteries and had a look at their Christmas aisle. All the Halloween stuff is gone and the Christmas stuff is filling the whole aisle. They have some cute elf things that might be good to use with the elf on the shelf.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement