Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Open the selection box- Christmas Forum Chat Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Ah crap, forgot to add these. They have loads more too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 747 ✭✭✭Belle E. Flops

When I woke up this morning It took me a minute to realise that today is the 1st November. Straight away put on my 'Feeling Festive' Spotify playlist and have been bopping around the kitchen singing all morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,737 ✭✭✭Glitzgirl

Happy first of November elves !!!

Thanks disney ;) so I have one mini glitz at home in bed with a bug and a crazed chocolate withdrawal suffering toddler running manic :pac:

But it won't stop me. Cleaning clothes are on .. Halloween decorations are coming down and Mr glitz rang me and told me to surprise me he is agreeing to the decoration going up early this year. ( as opposed to his usual tactic of fighting and complaining and general grinch like behaviour :) ) so I am in great form today !

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭ciara007

Countdown to Christmas guys!! I love it!!! I am getting married in 18 days and its going to be a christmas fest!!! I am walking down the aisle to silent night and we have festive reindeer cookies as favors for each plate. The only problem is I am in xmas mode the last month so I need to cut back on the mince pies or my dress wont go near me.

Does anybody know when the christmas cooking programs start???

ciara007 wrote: »
    Countdown to Christmas guys!! I love it!!! I am getting married in 18 days and its going to be a christmas fest!!! I am walking down the aisle to silent night and we have festive reindeer cookies as favors for each plate. The only problem is I am in xmas mode the last month so I need to cut back on the mince pies or my dress wont go near me.

Does anybody know when the christmas cooking programs start???
    Best wedding ever! Hope you have a fantastic day.

Food Network is showing a bunch of Christmas shows this weekend.

• Advertisement

Oh brilliant nothing I love more then jumping out of bed and chilling out to Nigella drowning her turkey in a bucket of spices ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,441 ✭✭✭CheerLouth

ciara007 wrote: »
    Countdown to Christmas guys!! I love it!!! I am getting married in 18 days and its going to be a christmas fest!!! I am walking down the aisle to silent night and we have festive reindeer cookies as favors for each plate.

That sounds brilliant! Have a fantastic day!!!!!!!!

I have been picking up Christmas books since September for my little one and I finally have twelve. I am really looking forward to wrapping these up and reading her one each night.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,231 ✭✭✭jellybear

Such a lovely idea ciara007! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭chuckles30

Your wedding plans sound amazing - have a fab day Ciara007

• Advertisement

chuckles30 wrote: »
    Your wedding plans sound amazing - have a fab day Ciara007

Thanks guys I am looking forward to it now. Its not your usual wedding I have decided to go for a burgundy dress and my little girl will wear tartan. My uncle is going to play the bagpipes outside the church and i am hoping that the hotel will put up a christmas tree in the venue.

• Registered Users Posts: 724 ✭✭✭Ms. Chanandler Bong

Speaking from a retail worker's perspective, the second the doors close on Hallowe'en is the second the Christmas signage etc goes up. Usually has to be up for the start of trade on Nov. 1st. I'm usually the one doing it because (a) I have OCD in regards to signage and (b) I love Christmas more than anyone else at work lol

I'm missing it this year though :..( On the one hand, yay new baby! On the other, no Christmas signage buzz... *le sigh*

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

I'm missing it this year though :..( On the one hand, yay new baby! On the other, no Christmas signage buzz... *le sigh*

Don't dispare if anything that gives you a good excuse to put your decorations up early!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

I love love love Halloween and had a brilliant evening with the little fella on the road with other local kids but I'm delighted that it's finally time to say HAPPY NOVEMBER!

Husband has agreed to getting into the spirit this year too Glitz! Makes me look forward to it so much more. So that means the toy show will be Christmas tree day. My young feegle and I will spend the morning strolling around the local visitor farm and will have lunch in a local cafe, or if the weather allows, on a bench at the farm. Then home for a nap for him and a last dash clean up for me. Mr W will try get home early from work and when he gets in it'll be a walk with the dogs then carols on the radio and tree up, takeaway ordered in time for the Toy Show, new jammies, hot chocolate and the first box of sweets of the season opened.

I'M SO EXCITED!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

Starting to panic! How did this creep up on us?!

Omg whispered I got so excited reading your post !!! (yay for festive hubby's this week too
    :pac: )
    Your christmas plans sound amazing ! :)

Has anyone ever ordered a christmas turkey from kildare farm foods? Seem to be hearing them mentioned a lot lately ! ?

• Registered Users Posts: 560 ✭✭✭xDisneyDivax

ciara007, your wedding sounds amazing!! We got married on 3rd Jan and I told both church and venue to make sure they keep Christmas decor up! ;) I actually think the venue made more effort when I mentioned I love Christmas so no harm asking your venue if they could have it up for your big day :D

Omg it is so so exciting reading all posts here! The personalised Christmas books for nieces came today and I'm DYING to give it to them now but no I'll try to wait until start of Dec ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 30,543 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Costa cups!

costa-christmas-cups-2017-menu-011117.png

• Registered Users Posts: 1,952 ✭✭✭funnights74

Heart tv Sky 387, has gone all Christmas tunes:D:D:D. Excellent.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,543 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Saw my first Christmas ad on ITV it was for Vodafone!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Saw my first Christmas ad on ITV it was for Vodafone!

Just watched it the link is over on the Christmas ad thread. I love it. Very subtle but still Christmassy.

Looks like it’ll be a series of small ads linking together.

Christmas jumpers are in penny's at the min ! :D it's happening !!!!

LOVE IT :pac: :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,971 ✭✭✭SarahLil

So excited ... it seems so real now that we are in November, I'm abit like sh#t where do I start :)

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭emmagination

My friend just sent me this saying "this is you"!

She's right...

• Registered Users Posts: 14,279 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Love the vodafone ad - am I the only one that finds Martin Freeman quite attractive in that?! :pac:

leahyl wrote: »
    Love the vodafone ad - am I the only one that finds Martin Freeman quite attractive in that?! :pac:

I think he’s quite attractive in most things!

Someone I know sent me a picture of her Halloween decorations all packed away on Halloween night. I was very proud.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Hollister11

Fantastic see Christmas ads starting to appear.

Fantastic see Christmas ads starting to appear.

Even more fantastic seeing the bustle in here! Since Halloween ended this forum has really come to life! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 560 ✭✭✭xDisneyDivax

I didn't see a single Christmas ad yet! Must put tv on this evening and keep eyes peeled for Vodafone! ;)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement