Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Open the selection box- Christmas Forum Chat Thread

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

I didn't see a single Christmas ad yet! Must put tv on this evening and keep eyes peeled for Vodafone! ;)

The weekend will have alot more I reckon. Although the weekend of the 17th/18th should see them all in play.

I just spotted this over in the Weather Forum;
    TUESDAY ... Rain ending with an interval of sleet or snow on some hills, then partial clearing, isolated wintry showers, cold.

SNOW, SLEET, COLD... oh Hello....

• Registered Users Posts: 560 ✭✭✭xDisneyDivax

Snow would be amazing, saw someone post on FB about the big chance of having decent snow this year- I don't let myself read those things but I always hope :D:D love winter air though

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Snow would be amazing, saw someone post on FB about the big chance of having decent snow this year- I don't let myself read those things but I always hope :D:D love winter air though

Hahaha, you're right not to believe CLICKBAITbook.

I love the crisp dry cold Winter Mornings. I would love a few very cold days this year. Winter's have gotten far too mild and wet these days :(

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭ciara007

Having a perfect day here today my sister has come over to spend the night so we had roast chicken sambos and a box of roses whilst watching Nigella christmas cooking programs on you tube!!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

Oh I forgot about Christmas cooking programmes. Another reason to be excited!

Snow this year would be amazing. Little feegle here is mad to see some and he's at a great age. Old enough to enjoy it and throw snowballs, young enough to bounce if he slips. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

It's definitely cold out there today. My hands were freezing when I got back from lunch. Snow would be amazing! Only when we're all happily in place wherever we're having our Christmas dinner though. Or this week would be good too.

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,920 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

We're taking down the Halloween decorations today, and my son wants to put up the Christmas decorations! I'd be all for it but I think the hubby might go mad...

Just realised that it is only 4 weeks tomorrow until we put our tree up! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭ciara007

Have decided to get our little one of those push bikes for christmas. I have been picking up little bits since the summer as tesco has had some great deals. I have piucked up a soft little baby doll and a in the night garden train, A laughing peppa pig and a talking George and a cash register but was just thinking to myself does santa wrap presents in your homes? Our presents were never wrapped when we were kids.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,543 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Does anybody else here suffer from pre-Christmas blues?
    I often find when their is only a few days before Christmas that I just want time to stop because I know it will all be over soon!

• Advertisement

ciara007 wrote: »
    a cash register but was just thinking to myself does santa wrap presents in your homes? Our presents were never wrapped when we were kids.

When we were kids we never had our Santy Pressies wrapped. We each had a section on the couch allocated to each one of us.
    I often find when their is only a few days before Christmas that I just want time to stop because I know it will all be over soon!

Yep that happens to me from time to time, mostly the last week before Christmas, when everything is upon us. I always wish I had more time to soak it all in before it's gone for the next 10-11 months.

Luckily November doesn't go back too quickly so you'll have plenty of time to absorb the build up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

was just thinking to myself does santa wrap presents in your homes? Our presents were never wrapped when we were kids.

I'm 34 and Santa still wraps my presents :pac:! He always did too!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

Yes! And I especially hate the few days between Christmas and New Year. Booked a "dirty" two days away this year to tide it over :P:D

I find even on Christmas day I get a bit blue because it is ending. Christmas Eve is definitely more magical IMO. Wish that would last forever!

OldNotWIse wrote: »
    I find even on Christmas day I get a bit blue because it is ending. Christmas Eve is definitely more magical IMO. Wish that would last forever!

Yep... same on both accounts! Christmas Day is very much... ah man its over already for another year!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

Every year I say the same. That I can't enjoy the lead up to Christmas because there is so much to be done, and this year I will be prepared (I never am). I'd love to not be rushing around at the last minute. Imagine having everything done and wrapped etc and being able to just enjoy the two/ three weeks before - potter around the shops but not HAVE to find anything, go for a nice glass of mulled wine and watch the crowds pass by, drop into the neighbours with some fresh baking, sit in front of the fire with the old man, enjoy the work Christmas party, crisp winter morning walks with the dog....

Need to get organized!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,292 ✭✭✭✭DvB

Cant say I get the pre christmas but definitely get the post christmas blues, moreso now with having young children. We're all too aware that the 'innocent' years believing in Santa etc. wont last forever so are trying to make the most of them while we can, so when the holidays are over I definitely get a little bit sad that theres another great one gone forever. I really have become a born again christmas lover since meeting my wife & having kids.

I love the build up & especially from a couple of weeks before & agree with many here that Christmas eve just feels like the peak of it all... shame it cant last longer i suppose, but thats what makes it so special in reality.
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,920 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

Have decided to get our little one of those push bikes for christmas. I have been picking up little bits since the summer as tesco has had some great deals. I have piucked up a soft little baby doll and a in the night garden train, A laughing peppa pig and a talking George and a cash register but was just thinking to myself does santa wrap presents in your homes? Our presents were never wrapped when we were kids.
    When we were kids Santa didn't wrap stuff - we each put a kitchen chair in the living room to hang our stocking on, and the presents were arranged on/around that. My parents wrap all the stuff they give us now that we're adults :D we don't wrap Santa presents for our little boy, we do it similarly to the way my parents did it - he puts his stocking on an armchair and his presents are arranged on that.

I didnt see the first film but the sequel to "Bad Moms" releases today in Ireland and its called, "A Bad Mom's Christmas"

I've heard of the first one but havent heard of this sequel at all!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,207 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

Loughc wrote: »
    I didnt see the first film but the sequel to "Bad Moms" releases today in Ireland and its called, "A Bad Mom's Christmas"

I saw the first one, ti was pretty funny if a bit predictable. This one looks like a bit of fun too :)

Loughc wrote: »

I saw a trailer for it in the cinema and it was immediately followed by essentially the male version of the same film.

• Advertisement

OldNotWIse wrote: »
    Every year I say the same. That I can't enjoy the lead up to Christmas because there is so much to be done, and this year I will be prepared (I never am). I'd love to not be rushing around at the last minute. Imagine having everything done and wrapped etc and being able to just enjoy the two/ three weeks before - potter around the shops but not HAVE to find anything, go for a nice glass of mulled wine and watch the crowds pass by, drop into the neighbours with some fresh baking, sit in front of the fire with the old man, enjoy the work Christmas party, crisp winter morning walks with the dog....

Need to get organized!:D

This is what I'm hoping for this year! :D It is what I tell myself whenever I get this feeling of anxiety about having most of presents sorted and I started pre Christmas cleaning 5 weeks early for the first time lol

We always had our presents wrapped and put on our sections of sofa marked with our stockings. But it seems that most of people never had their presents wrapped and I remember seeing posts last year where presents weren't wrapped.

Bad Moms Christmas looks good!! I'm gonna message local cinema and ask if they could put on a subtitled screening the week after next! :D

Sorry it is me again.......

Details about John Lewis Ad! :D Imagine it could be released next week whoop

https://www.her.ie/entertainment/details-years-john-lewis-christmas-advert-revealed-372862

Popped into Blanch on the way home and it was so busy. I suppose part of it is because people didn’t get to finish their shopping yesterday before being evacuated but the build up to Christmas has definitely started.

I had a look at the Penneys Christmas jumpers but they didn’t have a huge selection yet.

I also saw Fulfil selection boxes in Dunnes. Perfect for the protein bar fan in your life!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,819 ✭✭✭fussyonion

I have done a good bit of online shopping this evening and tomorrow I'm going to go out and buy the rest of my pressies.
    Is it worth waiting til Black Friday for things like jumpers and perfumes or shall I just go and get them tomorrow?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,853 ✭✭✭Cork Lass

I’m in NY for a few days and just visited the Macy’s Christmas shop. It was a joy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,971 ✭✭✭SarahLil

Cork Lass wrote: »
    I’m in NY for a few days and just visited the Macy’s Christmas shop. It was a joy.

Enjoy it’s fab,

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭Tigger1

Just wondering if anyone bought this before? Is it any good? It would be for my daughter.
    Thanks

Ah sugar, file is too big.
    It's on living social, advent calendar with Swarovski crystals for €23

• Registered Users Posts: 3,545 ✭✭✭tunguska

I have to say I find this thread strangely therapeutic. I grew up loving Christmas but at some stage after becoming a "Grown up" I lost touch with that part of me that loves lights, snow and all things magical. I became a bit of a Grinch to be honest and at one stage I actually uttered the words: I hate Christmas. It wasnt true really though, in my heart I still loved Christmas. And over time Ive allowed myself to reconnect with the magic. Funny thing I noticed is that all my man friends hate christmas where as most of the girls love it. Something going on there I reckon? Anyway just wanted to say I love the forum, keep it up:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,543 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Tigger1 wrote: »
    Just wondering if anyone bought this before? Is it any good? It would be for my daughter.
    Thanks

Ah sugar, file is too big.
    It's on living social, advent calendar with Swarovski crystals for €23

Is this it?

284770-promo.jpg

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement