Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Open the selection box- Christmas Forum Chat Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,971 ✭✭✭SarahLil

Great to see the forum so lively, love sitting down with a cuppa reading all the posts catching up on how everyone is getting on

Regarding wrapping of Santa presents mine were never wrapped I'm an only child so there was never any confusion over who had gotten what

I hope to get to cinema to see bad moms Christmas didn't see the first one is it on Netflicks ?

Did my weekly shop today two things I noticed was the box of King crisps are in stock and Kellogg's cornflakes box has Santa on them with Seasons Greetings on them :) Haven't watched any Christmas Ads yet, I've heard the odd Jingle on the radio and I just beam when I hear them I love it.. it's so magical

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

https://www.facebook.com/corksredfm/posts/10155106504602060

Someone has their tree up already. Oh it’s getting real now.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭StripedBoxers

ciara007 wrote: »
    Countdown to Christmas guys!! I love it!!! I am getting married in 18 days and its going to be a christmas fest!!! I am walking down the aisle to silent night and we have festive reindeer cookies as favors for each plate. The only problem is I am in xmas mode the last month so I need to cut back on the mince pies or my dress wont go near me.

Does anybody know when the christmas cooking programs start???
    Congratulations Ciara, I hope you and yours have a wonderful day :) Your wedding will really kick off the Xmas celebrations in your household this year. :)

I've had a pretty meh couple of days, but had test results yesterday so I am definitely 100% cancer free. It was around this time last year when it all started kicking off for me, so it's a bit surreal for me this year. Last year I didn't think I'd be around to see this Christmas. Still hard to believe that I am cancer free.

That's not very Christmassy or cheery, sorry :o

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,916 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

Loughc wrote: »
    Yep... same on both accounts! Christmas Day is very much... ah man its over already for another year!!

The worst thing about Christmas day is if you turn on the tv all the adverts are about holidays instead of Christmas. I know selling in the name of the game but damn it, it's Christmas day, I really, really don't want to be thinking about holidays. Just give it a day or two.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,916 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

was just thinking to myself does santa wrap presents in your homes? Our presents were never wrapped when we were kids.

Santa never wrapped when we were kids and he doesn't now for S. I just love the complete intensity of him opening the door of the livingroom and seeing it all displayed in front of him. I know the sight of it all just floors him. And a funny thing is that his brain almost 'wraps' some of it for him because he literally can't take it all in and he focusses on one or two things while not realising that some toy he's wanted for ages has been there under his nose for the last ten minutes. The excitement when he realises is priceless.

Plus that, that Santa has a bit of a play with his toys as he leaves them and they are always left set up for play in ways that Santa thinks are quirky and would make us laugh. He did the same for us as kids and it's those little touches that I remember far more fondly than the toys themselves as they were such a personal touch from a Santa who wanted to make me laugh as well as just give me stuff. I hope that S feels the same about his Christmas mornings as he grows up.

And as a bonus, everything is ready to be played with on Christmas morning. There is no faffing about with toys secured into boxes as if they are the gold reserve. No trying to work out instructions and attach stickers. No chance of a missing piece or wrong battery spoiling the morning. Everything is just immediately playable. Of course we do a lot on Christmas day. That play time being as long as possible is important as we go out a few hours after getting up and we don't come home until bedtime. So I just want S to be able to get stuck in as soon as he's finished taking it all in.

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭tickingclock

Presents from Santa aren't wrapped here and never will be. Presents are assembled and out of boxes unless it's something like a jigsaw or a game. Everything is together and in full view the minute the door is opened!!
    Can't wait!!

• Registered Users Posts: 30,543 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

I grew up with presents always being wrapped couldn't imagine it any other way!

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭tickingclock

I grew up with presents always being wrapped couldn't imagine it any other way!

That's just it there's no right or wrong! It's all what we grew up with and following on the tradition!

That's just it there's no right or wrong! It's all what we grew up with and following on the tradition!

Yes, I think it was on here in the last few years that I learnt some people didn't get their presents wrapped from Santa. I was honestly stunned.

• Advertisement

When my cousins and I were kids our Santa presents weren't wrapped but everything else was.

My cousins now do the same with their kids. Santa presents aren't wrapped but their other presents are.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭erica74

Oh sweet lawd I am so excited!!!
    Taking down all of my Halloween and autumnal decorations this weekend, in anticipation of the Big Clean, which is in anticipation of the decorations going up.

Found out last night that my younger cousin needs somewhere to stay on 1st December, which is the night of the Toy Show so my sister, her girlfriend, my cousin and me are going to have a big Toy Show Extravaganza viewing party that night. SO EXCITED!!

Toy Show drinking game for the adults and literally anything the cousin wants.
    My sister and I never really got to watch the Toy Show when we were younger so the cousin is basically going to be treated like royalty that night. He's 16 but I think the magic is still there even at that age.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,279 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

OMG lads one month from today to the Toyshow!!! I'll be on annual leave from work and will be putting up the decorations - it'll be a busy day!! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,351 ✭✭✭Littlehorny

Getting really good this week , loads of channels advertising either Christmas cooking shows or the music channels switching to Christmas music channels.
    I live in Ashbourne and Murtaghs (the hardware shop in the middle of town ) have their windows all done up yesterday and it looked great.
    And to all the bah humbugs who say its too early, I say HAPPY CHRISTMAS!!!! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,737 ✭✭✭Glitzgirl

..was just thinking to myself does santa wrap presents in your homes? Our presents were never wrapped when we were kids.

We wrap everything here even stocking stuff :pac: I find they like the excitement if seeing stuff wrapped and ripping it open.

Although... saying that ... last week my eldest glitz said why doesn't santa wrap present like on TV ? He meant with the big ornate ribbons and bows. I didn't know Wether to be annoyed or proud lol :pac:

I didnt see the first film but the sequel to "Bad Moms" releases today in Ireland and its called, "A Bad Mom's Christmas"

I've heard of the first one but havent heard of this sequel at all!

I CAN'T WAIT TO SEE THIS !!!! :pac: cinema and dinner date with mr glitz all lined up even tempted to wear a christmas dress to it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭erica74

leahyl wrote: »
    OMG lads one month from today to the Toyshow!!! I'll be on annual leave from work and will be putting up the decorations - it'll be a busy day!! :pac:

I'm taking the day off too, so excited!!

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Sitting in work with a hot chocolate and the food and drink supplement from the Irish Times. There are some lovely Christmassy things in it. If you know someone with a digital subscription (like I do!) you can enjoy it right now without spending a penny. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭Kajemo

So, I somehow accidently on purpose, put on the feeling festive playlist on spotify... ooooh its sooo lovely. :):):)

Starbucks Cup!

22894002_10154916398971700_3420571899516303210_n.jpg?oh=beda0f4cb817b63faed98e48e13be271&oe=5A6CC0E1

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭ciara007

Congratulations Ciara, I hope you and yours have a wonderful day :) Your wedding will really kick off the Xmas celebrations in your household this year. :)

I've had a pretty meh couple of days, but had test results yesterday so I am definitely 100% cancer free. It was around this time last year when it all started kicking off for me, so it's a bit surreal for me this year. Last year I didn't think I'd be around to see this Christmas. Still hard to believe that I am cancer free.

That is fantastic news!!! Christmas will be emotional for you this year but wow what amazing and brilliant news.

Plus that, that Santa has a bit of a play with his toys as he leaves them and they are always left set up for play in ways that Santa thinks are quirky and would make us laugh. He did the same for us as kids and it's those little touches that I remember far more fondly than the toys themselves as they were such a personal touch from a Santa who wanted to make me laugh as well as just give me stuff. I hope that S feels the same about his Christmas mornings as he grows up.

This is such a brilliant idea!!! I love it

I slipped into my comfy chair this morning and my cosy blanket fell on top of me and it just happened tgat christmas 24 is on here so I'm watching a brilliant film called A Dream Of Christmas ... what are the odds :p :pac:

Right have just finished the washing and hoovering and the little one is having a nap and I have true christmas on and A Recipe for a perfect Christmas is just starting!! Must pop the kettle on...

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭Tigger1

Is this it?

284770-promo.jpg

Yes thats the one. Bit stuck for present ideas this year so thought it looked nice

• Registered Users Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭chuckles30

Glitzgirl wrote: »
    I slipped into my comfy chair this morning and my cosy blanket fell on top of me and it just happened tgat christmas 24 is on here so I'm watching a brilliant film called A Dream Of Christmas ... what are the odds :p :pac:

Sounds like heaven!!! Hopefully I'll get to do something similar over the weekend....maybe with a big mug of hot chocolate....

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Happy Friday everyone!!

A month to the Toy Show!! Wow! Also worth noting that Christmas FM will be back at the end of this month.

I don't have the Toy Show booked off but I have a day off just before it, so I think that will be the day used to put up the tree. Then the Toy Show can be used to relax and have some festive treats.

This seems to be Debenhams theme this year!

23031568_1710380718995148_1465559347151577502_n.jpg?oh=12af758a30a612432ff961df4597eda1&oe=5AAA0CBC

• Registered Users Posts: 10,292 ✭✭✭✭DvB

Also worth noting that Christmas FM will be back at the end of this month.

What date does it go on air?
    I was looking for this yesterday but the website was a bit of a mess.

Thanks.
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Advertisement

DvB wrote: »
    What date does it go on air?
    I was looking for this yesterday but the website was a bit of a mess.

Thanks.

No official date announced yet but it’d be around November 28th.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement