Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Open the selection box- Christmas Forum Chat Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30,543 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Christmas Coke!

23231109_1710475798985640_8721067728342979968_n.jpg?oh=f7246419d0c4fd9668f4efcc163145b5&oe=5A715B8F

Personalised letters from Santa €2.99

santa-b.jpg

letter-a.jpg

https://www.pigsback.com/en-ie/offer/401059

• Registered Users Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭Postgrad10

Got a tablecloth in Lidl for Christmas. It's just plain cream with a subtle design but it put me in the Christmas spirit anyway. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,971 ✭✭✭SarahLil

Super excited today reviewed my presents lists hoping to get some presents totally finished this weekend, I'm toying with the idea of going to the city centre tomorrow for some shopping and seen what the shops have in
    I'm just back from a walk and the temperatures have certainly dropped

Congrats Ciara that's amazing
    Striped Boxers brilliant news big hugs X

• Registered Users Posts: 1,737 ✭✭✭Glitzgirl

Post warning ** not christmas related (sorry )

But so excited had to share ! . Mr glitz and I have just ordered our new 7 seater jeep ( to accomadate foster siblings and the assistance dog !) So excited! It's one of my own personal almost christmas signs as we kept saying we may order one before christmas :p
    Time is flying in ! Now only 3 weeks to get house cleaned get last bedroom ready , get house decorated and then the last of our reports are submitted !!! It will fly around !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 560 ✭✭✭xDisneyDivax

Strippedboxers, that is fantastic news!! I'm so delighted for you!x

It is so exciting to think that this time in 4 weeks all of us will be watching Toy Show! :D And trees will be up! Speaking of trees, would I be mad to consider giving small one away and buying a white one? The white tree never appealed to me but the idea of Disney decor on it is starting to work in my head!

Glitz, that is Christmassy though! It shows you're getting ready to contribute to kids Christmas! 😊

Awhh Glitz I am stuck for words, wonderful news

DisneyDiva as the saying goes get it or regret it :) a pal of mine has a white tree with all Disney on it, it's gorgeous

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Deedsie wrote: »
    Does anyone here know where I could pick up tins of quality street? Ideally in the Dublin area. I hate plastic tubs I think they look and feel really cheap. Also a tin feels more Christmas to me.

I could order online but id rather buy locally if possible. Any suggestions?

Tesco Clearhall have the tins of quality street.

Awh thanks disney and Sarah ! :) pair of sweeties xx

I would love a white tree. I am half thinking of replacing some of my traditional red type decorations with white too! I say go for it !!

Does anyone here know where I could pick up tins of quality street? Ideally in the Dublin area. I hate plastic tubs I think they look and feel really cheap. Also a tin feels more Christmas to me.

I could order online but id rather buy locally if possible. Any suggestions?

I think dunnes and some of the supervalu stores generally do the 1 kg tin of quality streets as well standard size the plastic tubs ?

• Advertisement

Tesco and Supervalu should have the tins of quality street they generally end up on offer for about €8!

In my local Tesco!
    23031618_1710634832303070_5655170306269107145_n.jpg?oh=2906f1659b201390ee63b487229c9d2c&oe=5AAF8B35

23172599_1710634918969728_8297014768823692273_n.jpg?oh=c2129b4ff329abb3576b590fc4e309a9&oe=5A6799A7

23130516_1710634978969722_4835455341876107031_n.jpg?oh=a137b0c37e26bbc6669b681bc2e89c53&oe=5AAE7E0B

23131613_1710635015636385_2094773362304928379_n.jpg?oh=ed539204e1ec43704453375b349555f9&oe=5A667B12

23032344_1710637755636111_5566480339962573388_n.jpg?oh=7b48e41fa65ed75d07822bfe97b16fc7&oe=5A64C582

• Registered Users Posts: 560 ✭✭✭xDisneyDivax

SarahLil wrote: »
    DisneyDiva as the saying goes get it or regret it :) a pal of mine has a white tree with all Disney on it, it's gorgeous

This sounds fabulous!! Any chance of a pic? ;)

I know someone asked about tin boxes of quality street in Dublin but for anyone near B&M, they have loads.

Snowy fingers looks delish!

Artificial tree 3ft or 4ft anything that would look good on knee height table to go in front of a window :)

Argos have 4ft trees for €35.(Sometimes these can be a little bare though)

I also saw this tree in B&Q it was €85.(Picture isn't great)
    23032558_1710655275634359_1683214081678612151_n.jpg?oh=8b3d4a9b27efdfc661e94a99db6a4546&oe=5A69C55B

Woodies also have a few Fiber Optic trees they range from about €70-€140!

Guys can I ask here ( I asked in the cooking / baking thread but didn't get a reply yet ) for those of you who use pigs in blankets ( seriously I love saying that phrase haha :p ) do you make your own or use store bought ?

Glitzgirl wrote: »
    Guys can I ask here ( I asked in the cooking / baking thread but didn't get a reply yet ) for those of you who use pigs in blankets ( seriously I love saying that phrase haha :p ) do you make your own or use store bought ?

I have done both.
    I generally eat them before Christmas more so and after a big in the evening.

Generally when I make my own I just wrap a streaky rasher around a normal sausage. I found that making the cocktail ones involved a lot of fiddling.

I have done both.
    I generally eat them before Christmas more so and after a big in the evening.

Generally when I make my own I just wrap a streaky rasher around a normal sausage. I found that making the cocktail ones involved a lot of fiddling.

Thanks freshpopcorn ! I need to experiment with both I think this month! We are having guests over so thinking of doing a christmas buffet style breakfast / brunch rather than a starter for christmas dinner. We usually don't eat breakfast on christmas so seemed like a good middle ground. Can I ask when u made your own did you pre make the night before or on the day you were cooking them ?

Thanks freshpopcorn ! Can I ask when u made your own did you pre make the night before or on the day you were cooking them ?

I generally made them just before I was eating them but they we were just having them for our supper in the evening. If I was having them on Christmas morning I'd probably have them pre-made. Especially if I was making the little one's.
    You can get the frozen one's now but will have to wait until the middle of December to get the fresh pre made ones.

I generally made them just before I was eating them but they we were just having them for our supper in the evening. If I was having them on Christmas morning I'd probably have them pre-made. Especially if I was making the little one's.
    You can get the frozen one's now but will have to wait until the middle of December to get the fresh pre made ones.

Thank you x also I drooled over the pic you shared of the celebrations cake bars !! Love that idea thanks for Sharing the pic !

Thank you x also I drooled over the pic you shared of the celebrations cake bars !! Love that idea thanks for Sharing the pic !

There €3.50 in Tesco!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭StripedBoxers

ciara007 wrote: »
    That is fantastic news!!! Christmas will be emotional for you this year but wow what amazing and brilliant news.
    Super excited today reviewed my presents lists hoping to get some presents totally finished this weekend, I'm toying with the idea of going to the city centre tomorrow for some shopping and seen what the shops have in
    I'm just back from a walk and the temperatures have certainly dropped

Congrats Ciara that's amazing
    Striped Boxers brilliant news big hugs X

Thank you all so much. It's amazing to be mostly through everything, still surreal at the same time. Last Christmas and this Christmas are two I won't ever forget.

It was freezing out there today, it was so so cold. Very wintery. Was talking to a local chap who said we are meant to get snow by the end of Nov. Didn't hear that myself but wouldn't mind a wee bit of the white stuff :P
    Loughc wrote: »
    Happy Friday everyone!!

A month to the Toy Show!! Wow! Also worth noting that Christmas FM will be back at the end of this month.

I don't have the Toy Show booked off but I have a day off just before it, so I think that will be the day used to put up the tree. Then the Toy Show can be used to relax and have some festive treats.
    This sounds wonderful. Think we're getting our tree in two weeks :D The excitement :D Oh god I cannot wait :D Might pick up a few more decs too. :)
    Post warning ** not christmas related (sorry )

But so excited had to share ! . Mr glitz and I have just ordered our new 7 seater jeep ( to accomadate foster siblings and the assistance dog !) So excited! It's one of my own personal almost christmas signs as we kept saying we may order one before christmas :p
    Time is flying in ! Now only 3 weeks to get house cleaned get last bedroom ready , get house decorated and then the last of our reports are submitted !!! It will fly around !
    Congratulations GlitzGirl, that is amazing news.
    Strippedboxers, that is fantastic news!! I'm so delighted for you!x

It is so exciting to think that this time in 4 weeks all of us will be watching Toy Show! :D And trees will be up! Speaking of trees, would I be mad to consider giving small one away and buying a white one? The white tree never appealed to me but the idea of Disney decor on it is starting to work in my head!

Glitz, that is Christmassy though! It shows you're getting ready to contribute to kids Christmas! ��
    I cannot wait for the TS. We're back from Galway that day, so we're leaving Galway super early so we'll hopefully be home by the evening time.

Bit of time to unpack, get the fire going, get into our jammies and order our take away. The excitement of it all. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭shakencat

i just spent over 200 quid on debenhams!

id love to say its all presents ticked, but the majority is make up for me!!

• Registered Users Posts: 724 ✭✭✭Ms. Chanandler Bong

ciara007 wrote: »
    Have decided to get our little one of those push bikes for christmas. I have been picking up little bits since the summer as tesco has had some great deals. I have piucked up a soft little baby doll and a in the night garden train, A laughing peppa pig and a talking George and a cash register but was just thinking to myself does santa wrap presents in your homes? Our presents were never wrapped when we were kids.

We didn't either but you could get a Santa sack (out of the gutter you lot!!), I've seen them in Dealz for €1.50. TK Maxx do have them every so often but they're usually gone as soon as they come in. If you're in Dublin or Cork, have a look in Homesense, they should have more stock.

I swear I'm not plugging TK Maxx, I just do most of my shopping there as well as working there. At this stage I think I may be paying to work there lol

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Just had a Costa billionaires hot chocolate I would really recommend it!

Dying to try the mint one next.

• Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭French_Girl

Wow, so many posts to read!

You guys are really doing a great job making this thread the happiest place on Boards.

I finally downloaded Gwen Stefani's Christmas album yesterday and now I have You Make It Feel Like Christmas on repeat.

DisneyDiva I'll see has she got a picture, her Disney tree will be up for toyshow
    Oh Disney if you need anymore convincing Penneys on O'Connell street had fab Disney decorations this morning, great prices too

Freshpopcorn thanks for that going to make a trip to woodies, B&Q and homebase suss them all out,

Shakencat I'm going online to Debenhams shortly went in store to Debenhams today nothing that I wanted was in stock also lady in the shop said offers finished today :)

Very crisp this morning wasn't it I went to town today got there before 9 this morning town certainly was bustling picked up some gifts, browsed the shops, heard my first Christmas song

LoughC I was tempted to go in for a festive coffee or hot chocolate raging now I didn't..I like the sound of the one you had

Watching a movie I recorder earlier on christmas 24 while I write up my christmas shopping food /supplies list! Also hoping to wrap and finish the shoe boxes this evening for the shoe box appeal collection ! :) very chilled and christmas themed day today :)

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Today's plan was to put together some furniture but there was a problem with it so now I'm on the couch watching Santa Baby on True Christmas. I think it's for the best. :pac:

Can't find them. Plastic tubs are everywhere. In dundrum, navy or street & Stillorgan Tesco there are no tins. I tried Supervalu Ballinteer and they had none either. I'll try Dunnes Cornelscourt and see.

Supervalu in athy definitly had them today for 8 euro a tin. Maybe try online ? Good luck !

• Advertisement

Saw this in B&Q Today.

23316786_1711568178876402_2633518699410237899_n.jpg?oh=1fa225ea71dcd623af914c7e89553798&oe=5AA7B683

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement