Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Open the selection box- Christmas Forum Chat Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭shakencat

Saw this in B&Q Today.

23316786_1711568178876402_2633518699410237899_n.jpg?oh=1fa225ea71dcd623af914c7e89553798&oe=5AA7B683

What is it?
    black board?

• Registered Users Posts: 30,543 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

shakencat wrote: »
    What is it?
    black board?

Yes!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,360 ✭✭✭Lorelli!

I have nothing done yet :/ but looking forward to it this year.

Just saw the thread title and it reminded me of my granny. She use to give my brother and I and all the grandkids a selection box and a fiver every year. My mam use to let us open the selection box on Christmas eve. :)

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

I finally downloaded Gwen Stefani's Christmas album yesterday and now I have You Make It Feel Like Christmas on repeat.

Ive just downloaded that album and Sia’s new Christmas single. I think I’ll go for a nice walk tomorrow and give them a listen. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Hollister11

There really is a change in the weather this week. Baltic outside.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Yep. Tempatures have plummeted and there is a lovely clear sky and big moon out at the moment so we may have some frost in the morning.

I love cold crisp dry days!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Hollister11

Loughc wrote: »
    Yep. Tempatures have plummeted and there is a lovely clear sky and big moon out at the moment so we may have some frost in the morning.

4 degrees where I am in Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭shakencat

i wore a hat and gloves walking the dogs this morn!

Guess what I'm eating?

23130574_1711714448861775_2235835292460849139_n.jpg?oh=c09ec52114d99f5d81bd5d3baaac912f&oe=5A6F9765

Deedsie wrote: »
    Can't find them. Plastic tubs are everywhere. In dundrum, navy or street & Stillorgan Tesco there are no tins. I tried Supervalu Ballinteer and they had none either. I'll try Dunnes Cornelscourt and see.

Supervalu offer click and collect in certain stores.I gave a quick search and they appear to have them in Dun Laoghaire and Rush for €8 according to their website.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Deedsie wrote: »
    Can't find them. Plastic tubs are everywhere. In dundrum, navy or street & Stillorgan Tesco there are no tins. I tried Supervalu Ballinteer and they had none either. I'll try Dunnes Cornelscourt and see.

Quality street tins of sweets were in Iceland today. €9:50 a tin and they are bigger than the Tubs

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭StripedBoxers

Loughc wrote: »

It was baltic here today too. Nice and crisp out though. Had to go to the pharmacy just before they closed this evening and it was such a lovely walk there and back. My favourite type of weather. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭French_Girl

Loughc wrote:
    Ive just downloaded that album and Sia’s new Christmas single. I think I’ll go for a nice walk tomorrow and give them a listen.

Had no idea Sia has a Christmas single out, too!
    Will go check it out. ðŸ˜

• Closed Accounts Posts: 383 ✭✭cinnamony

Saw some pretty intricate decorations during Halloween, including Halloween themed trees! Starting to see some decoration for christmas popping up now around my estate, decided to decorate my room yesterday, woke up to a very christmassy feel... I actually thought it was the 25th!!
    I am so excited I will not be leaving my room today, instead gonna tuck in with my christmas lights on and watch some movies :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,814 ✭✭✭Jude13

Holy moley, that took some time to get through, I have been off boards for a while as I had visitors. Great to see the forum so busy.

Santa didn't wrap our gifts, most had the batteries in them and my folks admit to playing and in some cases breaking toys when putting them out.

Dropped people at the airport yesterday and they still had orange and black balloons up so not Christmay yet.

Banana republic had garland up and the hardware store had loads of decorations out for sale, lights, and trees but they all seemed the same as last year.

I ordered four pressies online, just small ones for delivery so I have begun. We are having a decorating weekend on 23 to 25th November. I will cook a turkey and have a mini christmas dinner with the other expat pals. Mulled wine and games etc. Should be good craic.

50 DAYS TILL CHRISTMAS!!!

Whaaat?!
    It's time to start freaking out!

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭ciara007

Santa didn't wrap our gifts, most had the batteries in them and my folks admit to playing and in some cases breaking toys when putting them out.

Hahaha love it!!! I wont lie I have been tempted to whip open her in the night garden train set lol. She was a nightmare last week when I was out and I came home to discover that her dad had opened up one of her gifts to keep her busy... I think I have decided that santa will make up her big gifts so they are ready to go that morning (plus I think trying to drunkingly put them together would be great crack on xmas eve) but santa will wrap the little presents and put them in her santa sack. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,737 ✭✭✭Glitzgirl

I couldn't sleep last night so started prepping our toy show goody bags and organising our elves arrival on the first !

Mr glitz was up this morning defrosted the freezer and all the windows downstairs have been cleaned. Garden has had its final cut and all leaves picked up.. we are flying along this morning !!! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭Postgrad10

No wrapped gifts from santa in our house either. It was enough for the parents to remember where they had hidden our gifts never mind wrap them. There's a Christmas chill in the air. Can't wait!

Looks who back in aldi! Kevin the carrot is making a comeback I hope they do another christmas add with him again :)

https://www.aldi.ie/kevin-the-carrot-shopping-bag/p/081119182278600

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,360 ✭✭✭Lorelli!

My parents didn't wrap the gifts either. They put my presents on one side of the room and my brothers on the other.

When we'd go into the room, I'd check out all my brothers stuff before going near my own. I think I was so overwhelmed like I needed a second before I could register that I didn't get a bag of coal and those toys were mine :)

I really have to get started. I'm gonna hype it up this year because last year I did not get the Christmas feeling at all.

Glitzgirl wrote:
    Looks who back in aldi! Kevin the carrot is making a comeback I hope they do another christmas add with him again

Oh, that is awesome.
    I loved Kevin last year!

Glitzgirl wrote: »
    Looks who back in aldi! Kevin the carrot is making a comeback I hope they do another christmas add with him again :)

https://www.aldi.ie/kevin-the-carrot-shopping-bag/p/081119182278600

Link won't work for me! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,971 ✭✭✭SarahLil

Got out for a walk this morning very chilly out, back in doors now for the day some cleaning and decluttering is on the agenda, really tempted to play Christmas music while I clean but il hold off for a short while

I love Kevin the carrot hope he reappears on the ads

Link won't work for me! :(

Nor for me. I Love Kevin. I really hope he’s back in the ads again this year for them.

We had one of these last year and got another one this year in The Range! It was a bit of fun on the day.

23131916_1712299125469974_4330587695478532692_n.jpg?oh=14d6f5a6bd3e9dc43ae888b09a9c1bee&oe=5A6FE356

Awh sorry fresh and Loughc ! Dont know why it's not Woking . It's a Kevin the carrot carrot shaped shopping bag ( folded up ) available in aldi in a week i think !

I really hope Kevin makes his teddy appearance in stores again I didn't get one last year and I loved the ad !

• Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

Just back from a quick few messages. Aldi and woodies have me feeling very festive. There was a santa in woodies singing a little song and the toddler was transfixed then started to wiggle along with the music. I really hope this year is as magical as I think it'll be.

Back from a night in my folks to a freshly painted kitchen. Total change in colour and I'm delighted. It's so cosy and warm.

• Advertisement

There’s a Mrs Browns Boys Christmas Special on Rté tonight at 10.35pm.

I’m not a fan myself but it is Christmas related haha.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement