Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Open the selection box- Christmas Forum Chat Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,737 ✭✭✭Glitzgirl

Loughc wrote: »
    There’s a Mrs Browns Boys Christmas Special on Rté tonight at 10.35pm.

I’m not a fan myself but it is Christmas related haha.

I love Mrs brown !! TV night sorted :) thanks lough

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 2,588 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mystery Egg

Picked up the Sindo today and this was inside:

16m5amg.jpg

:pac:

So although I won't get any significant time off over Christmas, it looks like I will be off Christmas Eve and Christmas Day. So I'll take that, gladly. :)

I've started putting bits away for Christmas - mulled wine, boxes of chocolates etc., and I've bought everything I need for my Christmas cake, which I'm gonna make one night this week.

We've booked a night in Galway to go to the Christmas markets and I've put all our pre-Christmas plans in the diary. :) We'll put the tree up on the night of the Toy Show and have an Official Wrapping Day two weeks later (food, wine, movies and wrapping of all presents).

I'm getting in the spirit now. Can't wait for Christmas fm!

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭ciara007

Just back from Blanchardstown shopping center we listened to Michael Bublé in the car and then we had a look around smiths for the little one so we have her stuff sorted. Blanchardstown have all the decorations up and I have to say it was packed with Christmas shoppers! When we got home I made a sunday roast with all the trimmings and the other half even commented that it felt very festive! I also got the little ones Christmas pjs in pennys today they have a really lovely selection.

• Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭OUTDOORLASS

Hi all, really enjoying the posts from everybody. You can feel the excitement building. I had a freerange turkey in the freezer from last Spring, so I cooked it today. Golden wonder spuds are just available, so we had the most prefect roast spuds. And for desert, we had mince pies with custard and icecream. Sitting down now with The Teenager, watching the Santa Clause, and with the smell of turkey still in the kitchen, it is veeeeery festive.

Hi all, really enjoying the posts from everybody. You can feel the excitement building. I had a freerange turkey in the freezer from last Spring, so I cooked it today. Golden wonder spuds are just available, so we had the most prefect roast spuds. And for desert, we had mince pies with custard and icecream. Sitting down now with The Teenager, watching the Santa Clause, and with the smell of turkey still in the kitchen, it is veeeeery festive.

OMG thats sounds divine!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,535 ✭✭✭droidman123

You dont have to wait for christmas fm,for anyone that has an internet radio or indeed the tunein radio app,theres loads of brilliant christmas stations,some of my personal recomendations
    181.fm christmas classics
    181.fm christmas oldies
    Christmasradio.fm
    Allchristmas.fm
    Last but not least,perfect for chilling late night chillout christmas music,
    FLN-peaceful christmas

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Nice recommendations for the radio stations. I’d love to get an internet radio player but I know I’d never get time to listen to it. So I’ll stick to the iPhone apps for now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,971 ✭✭✭SarahLil

Mystery egg I love browsing through all the shops catalogues il have to get my hands on one of them

all the posts are really festive and cosy I love it
    We had roast lamb for dinner the OH did it while I got on with Christmas cleaning prep told him I'm putting up the tree 24th/25th he just smiled
    Didn't do any wrapping of presents but managed to put all the presents together in one place so I can find them I'm very good at hiding things on myself
    Dusted of Michael Buble cd I will keep him handy :)

• Registered Users Posts: 30,543 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

These are in Aldi for €1.29!

23231517_1712532908779929_5059124129233174324_n.jpg?oh=76d3309d8bb860f4577bab979828ac37&oe=5AAB8579

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Oh yum. I want one! Love Aldi chocolate.

• Advertisement

My Christmas Eve box is coming along nicely now :) I just need to get a lush bath bomb and a santa plate and cup

ciara007 wrote: »
    My Christmas Eve box is coming along nicely now :) I just need to get a lush bath bomb and a santa plate and cup

They have a nice enough range of plates/etc in dunnes!

23032705_1711569882209565_4324867167750168982_n.jpg?oh=9b90baa5f3d4e1b83b27698744b3d92c&oe=5AAAF008

23130954_1711568262209727_6580509843441781582_n.jpg?oh=106d9df8a49bdbd47cdd3f193d485ec4&oe=5A6F954A

• Closed Accounts Posts: 747 ✭✭✭Belle E. Flops

I seem to have accidentally slipped and as I fell I somehow managed to pour myself a glass of wine, light my candles, put 'The Holiday' DVD on and wrapped myself in a festive blanket.
    Oops. :D

I seem to have accidentally slipped and as I fell I somehow managed to pour myself a glass of wine, light my candles, put 'The Holiday' DVD on and wrapped myself in a festive blanket.
    Oops. :D

Can you accidentally slip and pour me one too :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

I had a GREAT TIME today, I needed the self-care day as I'm on my tod in the house so I put on my Christmas jumper and headed into town. Had a wander round the Arnotts Christmas shop- not spectacular but still exciting. If anyone's interested I did a little instagram story set: https://www.instagram.com/dapperzo/

Unfortunately you can't watch the stories on the desktop but that link should work if you're on a phone with Instagram installed. :)

I seen your story earlier!! I was so jealous but it did inspire me to buy new decorations online. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,231 ✭✭✭jellybear

Currently belting out Shakin Steven's here as Merry Christmas Everyone is on one of the music channels :D

• Registered Users Posts: 560 ✭✭✭xDisneyDivax

Just popping in to post quickly that we are watching Mrs Brown Boys Christmas special now :D will catch up on posts tomorrow so exciting- 7 weeks until Christmas Eve! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,814 ✭✭✭Jude13

Loving the christmas lidl ad showing on the boards page. The An Post stamp is a beaut and I am in no way religious.

I'll be putting the tree up next weekend so if anyone has an idea on how to post a picture now photobucket ones dont work please let me know.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭otnomart

Was in Edinburgh this week-end and it was already so Christmassy.
    Something about shortbread and hot whiskey that just belongs to the season that's in it.
    They were putting up the wooden houses for the Christmas markets, bet that will look faboulous.

• Advertisement

We're into the forties!

Jude13 wrote: »
    I'll be putting the tree up next weekend so if anyone has an idea on how to post a picture now photobucket ones dont work please let me know.

I use the Tinypic App to upload pics, very handy!

We're into the forties!

Lads stop the bus, it honestly only felt like yesterday we went into the double digits!

otnomart wrote: »
    Was in Edinburgh this week-end and it was already so Christmassy.
    Something about shortbread

Shortbread!! Now you're talking my language.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Dermot and Dave will be talking about why Christmas music is bad for your health on Today FM at 11.30. :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,279 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

7 weeks today lads! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,814 ✭✭✭Jude13

Cheers, is that called 'tinypic keyboard' on the apple app store or is it an android one? Don't want to miss out on putting up Christmas pics

I keep on opening manage my bookings to see how many days till my flight home. On the 1st of December I will be straight online to see what Christmas movies will be on the plane.

Jude13 wrote: »
    Cheers, is that called 'tinypic keyboard' on the apple app store or is it an android one? Don't want to miss out on putting up Christmas pics

It's on both platforms I think. I use it on iPhone. But you can use it on a web browser on any phone too, Tinypic.com

Dermot and Dave will be talking about why Christmas music is bad for your health on Today FM at 11.30. :eek:

Yea I read an article on that last week, it only applies to people working in stores when they have the same 5-6 songs on repeat, it's essentially a form of mental torchure. But it only applies if you don't like Christmas music.

We have nothing to fear. It's time to start my Christmas 2017 playlist me thinks.

• Advertisement

Lidl have some recipes for Christmas up. I really want a blueberry champagne now with a cinnamon and nutmeg biscuit :)

https://www.lidl-recipes.ie/Christmas

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement