Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Open the selection box- Christmas Forum Chat Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,971 ✭✭✭SarahLil

freshpopcorn decorations are fab I must make a visit to home Store and more
    DisneyDiva ah that’s lovely from your pal (I will see if my pal has a photo of her white Disney tree for you)
    I’ve just seen the M&S Christmas ad very cute

• Registered Users Posts: 30,543 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Just to edit Pic 1,2,3 are from The Range, 4 is from Homestore and more and 5 is from B&Q!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Christmas FM will be back on November 28th at 1pm.

Only 3 weeks to go!!

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

I went to Blanch at lunchtime and it was jammed! On a Tuesday! I know some people probably took the day off because of the train strike but still. And the Christmas display in the fountain was playing Christmas music. I left singing Jingle Bells to myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 560 ✭✭✭xDisneyDivax

SarahLil wrote: »
    freshpopcorn decorations are fab I must make a visit to home Store and more
    DisneyDiva ah that’s lovely from your pal (I will see if my pal has a photo of her white Disney tree for you)
    I’ve just seen the M&S Christmas ad very cute

Looking forward to that photo! ;) Gonna check the M&S ad out now

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

This year I feel like I have met the love of my life and I can't wait to spend time together! He will be with his kids from a previous relationship (which of course he has to) but it suits me as I will be with family in the country, but then after Christmas we will be sneaking away for a romantic break for the days between Christmas and New Years. I can't wait. I usually find those in-between days so boring. So there will be Christmas with family and loved ones and then a minibreak with an amazing guy to look forward to, then New Years! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 7,819 ✭✭✭fussyonion

Oh I am so relaxed and not worried about Christmas for the first time in years.

I said last year that I stress myself out worrying about being able to afford everything and how I can't enjoy the festivities until everything's been bought and organised.

Well I said last year that I wasn't going to be like that this year, so I made a plan in the New Year to start putting money by each week and try and get my presents before the madness started.

Well, last Thursday I went out with my list and I bought almost everything.
    I can't begin to tell you how much I ENJOYED it and didn't worry about money because I had it. I was able to shop in peace; it was late afternoon and mid-week and the shops were virtually empty.

I WAS planning on waiting til Black Friday for things like perfume but I actually got some perfumes and aftershave in the sale in The Perfume Shop and I was thrilled.

I just have to pick up a book for my Dad and a set of make-up brushes for my sister and I am finished.

I have never been this organised before. Certainly never had all my pressies bought this early but I think I needed to do it.

I am prone to extreme stress (seriously, it makes me ill at times) and little things can really get to me, so this was a fantastic idea and now I feel like I can really look forward to Christmas, knowing I won't be in debt and I won't be worrying if I can afford presents.

I can't wait to curl up on the sofa with my other half, watching Home Alone, with a glass of wine come Christmas Eve!

Happy Christmas one and all!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭_Dara_

My mother was telling me today that my dad doesn't like circular door wreaths because he thinks they are funereal. They have a sort of cross-shaped one. Anyone else ever heard of such a notion? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,231 ✭✭✭jellybear

_Dara_ wrote: »
    My mother was telling me today that my dad doesn't like circular door wreaths because he thinks they are funereal. They have a sort of cross-shaped one. Anyone else ever heard of such a notion? :pac:

Thats funny, I'd consider the cross shaped one more funeral like! You really can't beat a real wreath- they smell amazing :)

• Registered Users Posts: 30,543 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Tallaght put up there Christmas opening hours!

23172689_1659857157367696_1392054325507205195_n.jpg?oh=8be0461d8093ea2cad19ed7bd799682f&oe=5AAB2B81

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,737 ✭✭✭Glitzgirl

Omg loved reading the posts here today !

Disney that is amazing I can't wait to see the article you may keep us updated! :)

Oldnotwise your post was so cute to read I just want to give u a big hug and say enjoy every minute of your get away ! It's so nice to have something to look forward to !

Fussy delighted you are so relaxed this year. It really does take a load off your mind and I love not starting the new year in debt. Enjoy all that prep work and put your feet up :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,819 ✭✭✭fussyonion

Thank you Glitz, I'm looking forward to getting all the presents wrapped. Might make an evening of it with a glass of vino and some festive music on in the background :)

fussyonion wrote: »
    Thank you Glitz, I'm looking forward to getting all the presents wrapped. Might make an evening of it with a glass of vino and some festive music on in the background :)

Sounds like heaven ! ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭_Dara_

jellybear wrote: »
    Thats funny, I'd consider the cross shaped one more funeral like! You really can't beat a real wreath- they smell amazing :)

I think cross-shaped was the wrong description. It's more like this shape:

2fda273285616995a1d29c37c7d9d7d5--christmas-swags-christmas-door.jpg

I can see what he means, as flower arrangements for funerals tend to be on those ring yokes but isn't that kind of fitting? Christmas sort of is a celebration to mark the end of one year and the beginning of the next!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Sounds perfect have a glass for us!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭bladespin

Xmas movie number 4 in progress :)

Snapchat has a section on it called Christmas already. And it’s all about people already getting into the Christmas spirit.

Watch with caution as you may experience strong desires to decorate.

Loughc sorry from memory I know you recommended the christmas tree from home store and more last year. Can't remember did you get the 7ft ? Looking at them online now :p

Glitzgirl wrote: »
    Loughc sorry from memory I know you recommended the christmas tree from home store and more last year. Can't remember did you get the 7ft ? Looking at them online now :p

Yes I did indeed get the 7ft one. I love it. But one thing against it is, it's very wide and thick. Make sure you have the space to put it somewhere.

We just about make room for it each year, but it's totally worth it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

I love this part of Christmas!

Anyone ever hear of this station?

http://www.radiosnowflake.com/about-us.html

It’s Irish. Been going since 2013 but I’ve only heard about it now.

Loughc wrote: »
    Anyone ever hear of this station?

http://www.radiosnowflake.com/about-us.html

It’s Irish. Been going since 2013 but I’ve only heard about it now.

I actually have heard the name before but I didn’t realise it was Irish.

Gorgeous crisp day out there today. I spent 5 minutes fighting with my scarf this morning because I couldn’t figure out how I usually wear it with my big heavy coat! I’m an idiot.

Today’s sock choice is very Christmassy!

Oooooh I'm loving the sock choice!!!

Oooooh I'm loving the sock choice!!!

Thanks! I queued for 10 minutes in Penneys to buy them and nothing else. :D Worth it!

Thanks! I queued for 10 minutes in Penneys to buy them and nothing else. :D Worth it!

I would have queued much longer for them haha. You've reminded me now to route out my Christmas socks and bring them back into rotation.

I would have queued much longer for them haha. You've reminded me now to route out my Christmas socks and bring them back into rotation.

It’s only right! It’s nice to ease yourself back into wearing Christmas themed things!

I wore 3 pairs of Christmas socks last week and they all developed holes. :(

It’s only right! It’s nice to ease yourself back into wearing Christmas themed things!

I wore 3 pairs of Christmas socks last week and they all developed holes. :(

Oh no! I hate when I lose a pair especially when they're a fav pair.

I don't know if it's the weather or the fact things are ramping up but it feels really Christmassy today!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,441 ✭✭✭CheerLouth

Glitzgirl wrote: »

Plus 1 for the Homestore & more tree! Got it last year for our kitchen - it was lovely! Can't wait to put it up again this year! Very full - looked great, lots of compliments on it!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement