Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Open the selection box- Christmas Forum Chat Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭Digs

131spanner wrote: »
    My youngest brother is in 6th class so it's gonna be the first Christmas without a Santa in our house. I'm 20 so I know it shouldn't, but it makes me kinda sad in a way :o

Anyway, I really can't wait for Christmas. My aunts husband always makes killer sherry trifles, holidays til the end of January. Love it :D

My youngest sister is 18 and eldest brother is 34. We still do Santa ;)

She never said she didn't believe and we didn't ask :D

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭applesock

just checked their facebook page says that applications now closed & is successful applicants will to notified by the 24th of November :D the excitement of it all

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭Emcm

Moonbeam wrote: »
    We have been to Santas cottage a few times,it is brilliant.The 1st year there was very heavy snow and it was super magic.
    There is a little coffee shop there too which is lovely for a hot cuppa after walking around.

Thanks Moonbeam great to hear you enjoyed it nice to hear when it's your first time going :-)

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭Scarinae

131spanner wrote: »
    My youngest brother is in 6th class so it's gonna be the first Christmas without a Santa in our house. I'm 20 so I know it shouldn't, but it makes me kinda sad in a way :o

We still get Santa and I'm the youngest! (I'm 27 :o)

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭Emcm

Hey this is the Christmas Forum Santa never stops it's like Miracle on 34th Street 'We Believe '

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,921 ✭✭✭✭hdowney

I am 28 and an only child. Always santa here

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

So according to the 2fm Facebook page, 40,000 people applied for toy show tickets!! :-O

Well that's my dream of getting one shattered haha! I might do the lotto better chance haha!

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭Scarinae

I was up really early this morning to go to the airport, I was running a few minutes late anyway and then when I tried to get a bus to the train station I discovered that my travelcard had expired. It's a walkable distance (~15 mins) but because I had a suitcase I'd planned to get the bus and hadn't factored in walking time... It was 5.45am and I was half walking, half running to the station dragging my case and in a foul mood going 'Fcuk fcuk FCUK' in my head, until I went to take a shortcut through a shopping centre and saw it was decorated for Christmas :) It really cheered me up! There were lights all around the entrance and some trees inside, none of this was there when I cut through yesterday so it must have been done overnight

• Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭mashedbanana

Scarinae wrote: »
    I was up really early this morning to go to the airport, I was running a few minutes late anyway and then when I tried to get a bus to the train station I discovered that my travelcard had expired. It's a walkable distance (~15 mins) but because I had a suitcase I'd planned to get the bus and hadn't factored in walking time... It was 5.45am and I was half walking, half running to the station dragging my case and in a foul mood going 'Fcuk fcuk FCUK' in my head, until I went to take a shortcut through a shopping centre and saw it was decorated for Christmas :) It really cheered me up! There were lights all around the entrance and some trees inside, none of this was there when I cut through yesterday so it must have been done overnight

.....done overnight.....yes, by the elves. Believe....BELIEVE!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭applesock

saw the christmas at the end of grafton st today. Also i read the christmas lights on henry st and talbot street being turned on this sunday at 4. Think i might pop in & the following weekend the lighting of the christmas tree by the lord mayor and christmas jumper record breaking thingey so excited.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,008 ✭✭✭gidget

Paid a visit to the Christmas store in Brown Thomas for a look around. Way out of my price range of course but wow. The Christmas decoration sets are just so nice. My eyes were like saucers taking in all the stuff. Love the mini gramophone set that plays Christmas songs, that was 165 euro, but definitely something to take a note of for the post Christmas sales for next year. The lorry & tv sets with the little Christmas village inside is lovely and the little musical miniature "Twas the night before Christmas" books for 15 euro. Oh & a Christmas cupcake & cookie recipe book also caught my eye, which I might be able to splurge on for this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

That gramophone is my favorite also!

*buys scratch cards*

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,562 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

I bought the little Christmas scene TV. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,363 ✭✭✭washiskin

Posy wrote: »
    I bought the little Christmas scene TV. :)

My sister bought me that for my birthday last year! :D

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Can't believe the lights are being switched on at grafton street tonight! The madness begins!

Gonna finish work a bit early. Jump on the luas go to Stephens green stop and let the madness begin!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

I work just by there, gotta make sure I get out in time so! If they want me to stay later gonna lie about the dentist or something :pac:

I work just by there, gotta make sure I get out in time so! If they want me to stay later gonna lie about the dentist or something :pac:

I might see you there! I'll be the one with a dell bag on my back (working from home tomorrow) and trying to climb to the top of the Christmas tree :P

• Registered Users Posts: 12,921 ✭✭✭✭hdowney

This is an ORDER Christmas forum peeps. Someone WILL take pics of the lights when they are switched on and WILL post them up for us poor folk who canni make it to see. thankyuplz :D

• Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭mashedbanana

hear Hear.... i second that! hdowney. Good point, well made!

29o3hn8.jpg

I didn't make it into the turning on of the lights as I had to work late so I took this pic when walking past! I'll take more pics when in town on the weekend! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭delw

Loughc wrote: »
    29o3hn8.jpg

I didn't make it into the turning on of the lights as I had to work late so I took this pic when walking past! I'll take more pics when in town on the weekend! :)
    How dare that person have a "Lidl" bag on Grafton street :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,363 ✭✭✭washiskin

Happy Only 39 Days & 15 Hours To Christmas Everybody!!!! :D:D:D

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

For me Henry St and the street sellers and the lights are christmas:))
    I remember it as a child "get the last of your cheeky charlies" can't find them anywhere anymore!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,264 ✭✭✭✭Alicat

A customer brought us in homemade mince pies :D And she's a retired professional baker!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭mud

My house smells like snowflake cookies. Whatever they are :p Possibly not to everyone's taste, it Is very sweet but I loves it.

http://i1.ytimg.com/vi/a53ZhuDKDyg/maxresdefault.jpg

Also, I'm mad to smell the marshamalla one on the left!

• Moderators Posts: 24,367 ✭✭✭✭ChewChew

The Christmas FM app is playing music!!! Been listening all day :D

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,562 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

ChewChew wrote: »
    The Christmas FM app is playing music!!! Been listening all day :D
    OH MY GOD.

*hyperventilates*

• Registered Users Posts: 3,810 ✭✭✭Jude13

Posy wrote: »
    OH MY GOD.

*hyperventilates*

I'm sitting up in bed leg in a cast, will be for months, and meant to be studying, now I just want to prance around to Christmas music. I can listen and study at the same rime right? Right??

• Moderators Posts: 24,367 ✭✭✭✭ChewChew

Think my tree is going to have to go up!!!!! I also think I fell asleep to Christmas music and have the app back on :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,274 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Listening to app now!!! Btw did anyone ever listen to radio snowflake? Also very good!!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement