Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Open the selection box- Christmas Forum Chat Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,737 ✭✭✭Glitzgirl

Spent a lovely day with mr glitz walking around looking at some decorations in home store and more and heatons. I actually got a snow flake indoor / outdoor projector light in heatons that I can't wait to try.
    Got home and the boys got their santa lists done , and while they are in bed I've started packing the christmas eve boxes !

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Went to the cinema tonight and walked right into the construction of Santa’s house on the way out.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭kitten_k

Hands up - which of you elves lives in the flats facing Temple St Hospital and has their Christmas decorations up??? Drove by tonight and spotted them, first ones of the season.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

kitten_k wrote: »
    Hands up - which of you elves lives in the flats facing Temple St Hospital and has their Christmas decorations up??? Drove by tonight and spotted them, first ones of the season.

Ooh that reminds me. Someone on my road has icicle lights up on their house.

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭tickingclock

Spent the day shopping and I haven't a bob left!!
    Got lots of presents, some that were on my list and some not on my list!! The shops are literally overflowing with Christmas stock. It's great!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,351 ✭✭✭Littlehorny

Just watched Kelsey Grammer (Frazier) in a musical film version of A Christmas Carol. It got me thinking, just how many film and tv versions of the story of Scrooge has been made?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Just watched Kelsey Grammer (Frazier) in a musical film version of A Christmas Carol. It got me thinking, just how many film and tv versions of the story of Scrooge has been made?

There’s been a lot. And the page below is still missing loads. Especially the Den version haha.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adaptations_of_A_Christmas_Carol

• Registered Users Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭chuckles30

Went into Home Gallery in Ennis yesterday evening - they had their Christmas evening. Bought some lovely bits to add to my garlands. If any of you are in Ennis or Galway (they have a store there too), their decorated trees are amazing - well worth a visit.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,971 ✭✭✭SarahLil

I’m getting the first duvet set you posted this evening!

Toto me too they had it last year and I was raging I never picked it up
    It's fab isn't it

• Registered Users Posts: 30,545 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Cadbury's Christmas trifle!

23316814_1717374338295786_3418651605148545414_n.jpg?oh=c1fd7aa4a8be9e5481a367fea7989882&oe=5AA38C2F

• Advertisement

Started putting up some of the kitchen / dining room decorations tonight. Got this made last year and I just love it !

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Cadbury's Christmas trifle!

23316814_1717374338295786_3418651605148545414_n.jpg?oh=c1fd7aa4a8be9e5481a367fea7989882&oe=5AA38C2F

Where did you get this????

• Registered Users Posts: 30,545 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Loughc wrote: »
    Where did you get this????

I didn't get it but saw it in Tesco it was priced around €4!

I need it in my life. I love the smaller tubs of it. So a giant one would be amazing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,008 ✭✭✭gidget

That Christmas Trifle looks so good.

Abit under the weather with my sinuses the past few days no shopping today abit of a lazy day ahead
    Taking my mother and my OH mother for afternoon tea today I hope the hotel have their Christmas decorations up

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭_Dara_

I was diagnosed with a terminal illness in mid-2015. I thought Christmas 2015 would be my last. Well, I get at least one more, baby! I’ll be very unlucky to not get Christmas 2019 also. :)

I applied for the Late Late Toy Show audience tickets this year mentioning my illness. Totally and completely shameless of me but feck it. :P It’ll probably come to nothing but why not give it a go?

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭ciara007

Eck this day next week ill be a married woman!!! I went into lidl today and I picked up four boxes of Christmas crackers in gold which I am going to use as favours :)

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭ciara007

I applied for the Late Late Toy Show audience tickets this year mentioning my illness. Totally and completely shameless of me but feck it. :P It’ll probably come to nothing but why not give it a go?

Fingers crossed you get tickets!!!

Good luck dara with your application :) I'll keep my fingers crossed for you .

Ciara enjoy your special day love the cracker as favours idea for a winter wedding ! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,231 ✭✭✭jellybear

The M50 Christmas shop at Beech Vista Garden Centre is now fully open!!! Haven't been in yet but I'd say it's unreal!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭StripedBoxers

OldNotWIse wrote: »
    This year I feel like I have met the love of my life and I can't wait to spend time together! He will be with his kids from a previous relationship (which of course he has to) but it suits me as I will be with family in the country, but then after Christmas we will be sneaking away for a romantic break for the days between Christmas and New Years. I can't wait. I usually find those in-between days so boring. So there will be Christmas with family and loved ones and then a minibreak with an amazing guy to look forward to, then New Years! :P
    That sounds amazing, I hope you have a wonderful time :)
    Loughc wrote: »
    Yes I did indeed get the 7ft one. I love it. But one thing against it is, it's very wide and thick. Make sure you have the space to put it somewhere.

We just about make room for it each year, but it's totally worth it.
    CheerLouth wrote: »
    Plus 1 for the Homestore & more tree! Got it last year for our kitchen - it was lovely! Can't wait to put it up again this year! Very full - looked great, lots of compliments on it!
    Mam of 4 wrote: »
    Thank lordie someone else does that , thought it was just me !!
    Can I be nosy and ask which of the trees this is? We are looking for a tall and wide tree that is full. Not a a fan of trees that look skimpy.
    ciara007 wrote: »
    Eck this day next week ill be a married woman!!! I went into lidl today and I picked up four boxes of Christmas crackers in gold which I am going to use as favours :)
    OMG I'd say you cannot wait for this week to pass. Such an exciting time for you. It will be a wonderful day for you all and a fabulous start to the festive season too :) xx

Hi stripped Im pretty sure the tree in home store and more is the nebraska 7ft. A lovely full looking tree can't wait to get mine !

Glitzgirl wrote: »
    Hi stripped Im pretty sure the tree in home store and more is the colorado 7ft. A lovely full looking tree can't wait to get mine !
    Thank you so much. I can't seem to see it on their website, wonder if they will get it back in. I'll keep an eye out and hope they do :)

Thank you so much. I can't seem to see it on their website, wonder if they will get it back in. I'll keep an eye out and hope they do :)

Omg hahah just checked it sorry it's the nebraska 7ft it's 129 euro. Haha don't know why I randomly renamed the tree colorado :p : pac:
    It's Def on website seasonal / christmas trees.

Glitzgirl wrote: »
    Omg hahah just checked it sorry it's the nebraska 7ft it's 129 euro. Haha don't know why I randomly renamed the tree colorado :p : pac:
    It's Def on website seasonal / christmas trees.

Hahaha no worries lol thanks a mill. I see they have it in 8ft as well...wonder if it would fit our place. I'll get the measuring tape out and check. Bigger the better :P

Saw this one too and thought it was gorgeous, but it looks a bit thin for me, I prefer something more full.

This came up on my FB feed too. Thought I'd share it here. Anyone tried these?

vzgajr.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,814 ✭✭✭Jude13

Had so many plans to get stuff done this weekend. I was to go to the hardware store with my pal to buy a ladder and a shelving unit. We went and came back with Christmas front door matts, a set of allen keys and my pal bought a Christmas outfit for his dog.
    My excuse was that the Christmas decs distracted me but I didn't want to buy, for example the 6 foot santa, any stuff until my OH was there as I can go a bit mad.

Really need that bloody ladder though. Roll on Thursday (the end of the week), I will get all the Christmas stuff out.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,092 ✭✭✭✭beertons

I was out on a walk with the kids yesterday. And went by a house that had the tree up. I suspect it's left up all year round. Will try get a photo to convince myself that I'm not going mad.

Has anyone seen the movie Christmas Eve? I seen Sky advertising it, just wondering if anyone has seen it.

• Advertisement

Feeling so lazy this weekend I don't feel like I am getting much done watching Christmas cooking on food network
    my OH is smothering with a head cold I'm not as bad as him I'm finding it really cold today collecting my mother shortly she is coming for dinner, apple tart for afters might even heat it up have it with cream not much else planned for today
    Hopefully I'm all fired up during the week to get things done .... 43 days to the big day

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement