Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Open the selection box- Christmas Forum Chat Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭shakencat

5 weeks left of work :)

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,834 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

shakencat wrote: »
    5 weeks left of work :)

Same. I’ve 25 working days left and then I’m off for 12 Days :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,814 ✭✭✭Jude13

22 working days including today left. 22 too many to be honest.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,834 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Jude13 wrote: »
    22 working days including today left. 22 too many to be honest.

Yep I hear that haha.

Our Christmas work drinks are on the 13th, still no venue the head guy has asked the guy beside me to choose. It's a lose lose as where we go the head guy will moan that it's not as good as XYZ however if we choose somewhere very nice he will moan that it's too pricey.
    Still though it means we can knock of work at 12.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭ciara007

Ciara, your wedding sounds awesome! Please do post pics here afterwards and hope you have an amazing day :)

Thanks getting very nervous now I had a dream last night that I over slept and missed my hair appointment. On the 25th we are going to take my little one to see Santa in Arnotts so getting excited for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,318 ✭✭✭✭DvB

24 days left myself but have 2 days annual leave left to take so will use them up for the kids christmas show in school & some other random day to do something in the run up.
    The hols are starting to be referenced now in some work meetings so its feeling closer now.
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,232 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

Just had my first hot chocolate of the season :P I got it in Butlers. The 'free' chocolate that came with it was delicious, wasn't very mad about he hot chocolate. However I have resolved to taste all of them in the area unti I have found a favourite :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

miamee wrote: »
    Just had my first hot chocolate of the season :P I got it in Butlers. The 'free' chocolate that came with it was delicious, wasn't very mad about he hot chocolate. However I have resolved to taste all of them in the area unti I have found a favourite :pac:

Insomnia has the best hot chocolate! The free chocolate from Butlers is always tasty :D

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

If anyone is in Dundrum, the Hotel Chocolat Christmas hot chocolates are insanely good.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,232 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

BDJW wrote: »
    Insomnia has the best hot chocolate! The free chocolate from Butlers is always tasty :D
    Dammit, it was a toss up between Butlers and Insomnia! I'll try Insomnia next so. Hopefully they do marshmallows :D I asked for no cream today, maybe that was bad choice.
    If anyone is in Dundrum, the Hotel Chocolat Christmas hot chocolates are insanely good.

Ohhhh. I really dislike the madness of Dundrum at Christmas but I might have to make an exception for Hotel Chocolat...*drool*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

Dammit, it was a toss up between Butlers and Insomnia! I'll try Insomnia next so. Hopefully they do marshmallows :D I asked for no cream today, maybe that was bad choice.

Yeah, insomnia do do marshmallows :D. I've had the Butlers hot chocolate with and without cream, and I don't really notice any difference

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭shelly22

27 days left in work and 17 days off
    Really looking forward to the build up to Christmas

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Hollister11

I don't finish college until the 20th. Then I have to study for exams.

But I do get about 10 days off in January after my exams.

• Registered Users Posts: 724 ✭✭✭Ms. Chanandler Bong

Dammit, it was a toss up between Butlers and Insomnia! I'll try Insomnia next so. Hopefully they do marshmallows :D I asked for no cream today, maybe that was bad choice

Costa Coffee do marshmallows (the big ones) and cream and you can get flavours added if you don't think it's sacrilegious :D I've had a mint hot chocolate once there, very scrumptious!! Insomnia do a white hot chocolate, a hot angel I think it's called?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

I’ve tried a few hot chocolate drinks Costa’s ( white chocolate and mint (it didn’t taste minty) Insominia’s and I’ve found Starbucks signature hot chocolate is the nicest.

Now watching Now Christmas’s Top 50 greatest Christmas songs :)

I get 2 days off over Christmas ( Christmas Day and Stephens day) but I am on holidays now

• Registered Users Posts: 30,598 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

I saw a Coca Cola Christmas ad!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭shakencat

i like real hot choc, dont like the powdered stuff!!

butlers and insomnia get my vote..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,008 ✭✭✭gidget

Plus 1 for Insomnia Hot Chocolate with whipped cream - always nice with a slice of slice of Red Velvet cake or one of the seasonal faves for me this year is the Chcolate Orange Tiffen slice.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 560 ✭✭✭xDisneyDivax

Me too!! :D it is Christmas!! ;)

Me too!! :D it is Christmas!! ;)

It was also shown on Gogglebox!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Googlebox :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,264 ✭✭✭✭Alicat

Life has been so mental I can’t even catch up on this thread!

Did our snag last week on our brand new house; please pray for us that we’ll get the keys soon!

We're into the the thirties!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭Staph

Bought my first gift yesterday, a dark chocolate bauble for my oh’s sock. Also did an online grocery shop and bought a bottle of Sherry -that trifle is not going to make itself!
    I also received and opened my first Xmas gift yesterday! A bottle of brandy from one of our suppliers :)

We're into the the thirties!:)

That’s amazing. How quick has the countdown moved since we went under 100 Days.

I’m up at stupid o clock this morning for work. It’s going to be a long day!

I have had three Starbucks hot chocolates this week and I am wondering why my running is having no effect on the scales.

Bought an LOL Giant ball today as there seems to be shortage in Ireland, no idea what the hell it is.

Loughc, I'll keep ya company, been at work since 3am Irish time.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,318 ✭✭✭✭DvB

Changed my desktop backgrounds & screensavers in work & at home to my christmas/winter ones. I normally wait until about 4 weeks before christmas to do that or risk dodgy looks in the office but gave in early this year... I swear I'm reverting back to being a child re: christmas this year :D
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭chuckles30

All this talk of chocolate and hot chocolate, I feel like I should plan a trip to Dublin just to visit Hotel Chocolat.....but I'm not sure I'll fit it in between now and Christmas.
    I might just have to try insomnia instead....

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement