Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Open the selection box- Christmas Forum Chat Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭SusieBlue

I know Starbucks can be hit and miss but their fudge flavoured hot chocolate is the stuff dreams are made of. I could drink gallons of it!

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

chuckles30 wrote: »
    All this talk of chocolate and hot chocolate, I feel like I should plan a trip to Dublin just to visit Hotel Chocolat.....but I'm not sure I'll fit it in between now and Christmas.
    I might just have to try insomnia instead....

It's a teeny tiny shop/cafe so I'd stick with Insomnia, or another local option, unless you'll be in Dundrum anyway. Dundrum is a nightmare at Christmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭chuckles30

It's a teeny tiny shop/cafe so I'd stick with Insomnia, or another local option, unless you'll be in Dundrum anyway. Dundrum is a nightmare at Christmas.

Thanks for that - I don't feel so bad now.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,232 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

To all of you who recommended the Insomnia hot chocolate, you were dead right!! It's amazing and I got marshmallows *glug, glug* :D

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭ciara007

I love the butlers dark hot chocolate... nom

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭ciara007

Next Saturday I will be totally trying out Bean and Goose to taste their hot chocolate! Right before we go and see the big man himself SANTA!!!!!
    https://lovindublin.com/best-of/the-top-10-hot-chocolates-in-dublin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

miamee wrote: »
    To all of you who recommended the Insomnia hot chocolate, you were dead right!! It's amazing and I got marshmallows *glug, glug* :D

I treated myself to one at lunchtime today, first of the winter. And it was as tasty as ever

• Registered Users Posts: 560 ✭✭✭xDisneyDivax

I need to make a list of all hot chocolates to try for when I go to Dublin now :P

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,834 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

The McDonalds festive menu is now live and for those of ye with a sweet tooth terrys chocolate orange McFlurry are back!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭shakencat

Loughc wrote: »
    The McDonalds festive menu is now live and for those of ye with a sweet tooth terrys chocolate orange McFlurry are back!

never had one!:eek:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,834 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

shakencat wrote: »
    never had one!:eek:

They are AMAZING!!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,933 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Loughc wrote: »

May tell daughter , she loves Terrys Chocolate Orange , thanks for that !!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭kitten_k

WhiteRoses wrote: »
    I know Starbucks can be hit and miss but their fudge flavoured hot chocolate is the stuff dreams are made of. I could drink gallons of it!

Had one this evening yummy 😋

• Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭kitten_k

I gave out my first Christmas present today!! Had bought my Mam a new phone for Christmas. Luck has it her own phone broke yesterday so had to give her her present early!

• Registered Users Posts: 560 ✭✭✭xDisneyDivax

Had my first chocolate outta box (quality street) today! Boss left out a box.... I shouldn't have though trying to lose weight before Christmas :P

Had my first chocolate outta box (quality street) today! Boss left out a box.... I shouldn't have though trying to lose weight before Christmas :P

Ooh which one did you have?

I was listening to BBC Radio 1 yesterday and they had a conversation about people who listen to Christmas songs all year round. They played a few clips of songs too. There are plenty of Christmas nuts out there!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭chuckles30

Oh I'm with you Disney on the trying to lose weight before the Christmas splurge!! It's so hard when temptation is all around this time of year......

chuckles30 wrote: »
    Oh I'm with you Disney on the trying to lose weight before the Christmas splurge!! It's so hard when temptation is all around this time of year......

And I'm with the two of ye haha. Need to get my arse in gear but the weather and treats everywhere say other wise!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,420 ✭✭✭Lollipops23

Myself and himself want to treat ourselves to lunch on Christmas Eve (we don't get to see each other over Xmas!!). He wants to go somewhere fancy...he has notions aplenty! We're in Dublin, can anyone recommend a nice place with a decent festive menu??

• Registered Users Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭Flippyfloppy

Hey everyone!! Does anyone know if toy show tickets have been dealt out yet? I'm blindly optimistic that I will get them, as usual 😊

• Advertisement

Hey everyone!! Does anyone know if toy show tickets have been dealt out yet? I'm blindly optimistic that I will get them, as usual 😊

Not yet. We still live in hope haha. Should be released from the 27th.

Myself and himself want to treat ourselves to lunch on Christmas Eve (we don't get to see each other over Xmas!!). He wants to go somewhere fancy...he has notions aplenty! We're in Dublin, can anyone recommend a nice place with a decent festive menu??

Fire is lovely and full of notions haha and they have a lovely festive menu too.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,814 ✭✭✭Jude13

Put up the tree and decoratins yesterday. have a tacky 80's style christmas decorations in the kitchen. still a few pieces to change as outside the blue lights dont match the aoft white lights.

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭Kajemo

I'm currently sitting in the hair dressers and they are blasting out the Christmas songs!!!! Ooooh yey!!!!! So Christmassy!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭shelly22

Just filled my sons advent calendar
    All ready for December 1st

There’s a Christmas film on E4 at the moment. The Dog Who Saved Christmas. On a non-Christmas channel! There’s no denying that Christmas is here now.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

Watching elf while the toddler fills up on sweets and chocolate!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,971 ✭✭✭SarahLil

Any pictures Jude?
    Me too trying not to indulge in all the nice sweets and treats around
    Tried to tackle my new garland for my kitchen presses it's up and so far secure not decorated yet though, I might need some tips from Glitz
    Made a trip to my local Woodies lots of nice things but was lacking something I felt....no Christmas music playing either

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 2,594 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mystery Egg

Just made my first Christmas recipe - spicy apple chutney. 9 jars. 3 for us (greedy, I know) and six for pressies. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,737 ✭✭✭Glitzgirl

Family outing today to see santa arrive at the white water! Lovely day with balloons and some hot chocs :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement