Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Open the selection box- Christmas Forum Chat Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,737 ✭✭✭Glitzgirl

SarahLil wrote: »
    Any pictures Jude?
    Me too trying not to indulge in all the nice sweets and treats around
    Tried to tackle my new garland for my kitchen presses it's up and so far secure not decorated yet though, I might need some tips from Glitz
    Made a trip to my local Woodies lots of nice things but was lacking something I felt....no Christmas music playing either

Hi Sarah your too kind :pac: dunno how much help id be. But I find the clip on butterlys in gold or silver great from heatons and some cheap gold or silver baubles. Not with string do get some ornament wire and u can wrap it around the branches on the garland ( it stops them from hanging down and hitting the press doors when the press is open ) put up a pic when it's done ! I'm sure you'll have it fabulous :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,814 ✭✭✭Jude13

The first Christmassy weekend has passed. Had a bad start to the weekend when someone reversed into my wife and messed up the whole of the grill and bonnet.

We recovered by putting up the tree (terrible pics on the tree thread), some of the decorations and I made a pot of mulled wine from scratch which went down a treat.

We watched Die Hard, most of it. My wife fell asleep 10 minutes in, stressful day. It's a bit hard to get into the spirit of things as it was 30 degrees yesterday.

I am also trying to get into shape so I can let loose at Christmas. Did my longest run to date yesterday and my nipples bleed. The shower was torture. I have bought myself a little christmas pressie of body glide to help. I also received two pressies in the post, one for the wife and another, Santa Claus's autobiography, to read to the wee ones on the run up to Christmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭Blingy

Myself and himself want to treat ourselves to lunch on Christmas Eve (we don't get to see each other over Xmas!!). He wants to go somewhere fancy...he has notions aplenty! We're in Dublin, can anyone recommend a nice place with a decent festive menu??

Just make sure you book somewhere it can be quite busy on Xmas eve in the city.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭kitten_k

Woohoo just won this chocolate biscuit cake on FB

• Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭French_Girl

kitten_k wrote:
    Woohoo just won this chocolate biscuit cake on FB

OMG, Kitten, that is an actual cake?!

Sooo jealous right now.
    Congrats!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,858 ✭✭✭Cork Lass

Jude13 wrote: »
    The first Christmassy weekend has passed. Had a bad start to the weekend when someone reversed into my wife and messed up the whole of the grill and bonnet.

We recovered by putting up the tree (terrible pics on the tree thread), some of the decorations and I made a pot of mulled wine from scratch which went down a treat.

We watched Die Hard, most of it. My wife fell asleep 10 minutes in, stressful day. It's a bit hard to get into the spirit of things as it was 30 degrees yesterday.

I am also trying to get into shape so I can let loose at Christmas. Did my longest run to date yesterday and my nipples bleed. The shower was torture. I have bought myself a little christmas pressie of body glide to help. I also received two pressies in the post, one for the wife and another, Santa Claus's autobiography, to read to the wee ones on the run up to Christmas.

Those body glide sticks are great..I use one on my inner arms if I’m going for a long swim and they really work. I’ve made a start on my pressies too. I’m so late this year, normally I’d be finished and would even have everything wrapped by now :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

I'm binge watching Holiday Baking Championship. Watching it without some sort of pie was a mistake.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,834 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

I'm binge watching Holiday Baking Championship. Watching it without some sort of pie was a mistake.

Three questions.

1. What is this show?
    2. Why haven’t I heard of this show?
    3. Where can I watch this show?

Loughc wrote: »
    Three questions.

1. What is this show?
    2. Why haven’t I heard of this show?
    3. Where can I watch this show?

:D

It's a Thanksgiving/Christmas baking show similar to Bake Off but with much more annoying contestants. :D It's on Food Network on weekday afternoons. I came across an ad for it and set it to record. I'm watching series 3 but series 1 is starting at 4 on Wednesday so you can jump on board with it.

It's great fun. They're given a challenge and then halfway through it the host is like, 'I know you're making this pie in 90 minutes but now you also have to make a second pie.'

:D

It's a Thanksgiving/Christmas baking show similar to Bake Off but with much more annoying contestants. :D It's on Food Network on weekday afternoons. I came across an ad for it and set it to record. I'm watching series 3 but series 1 is starting at 4 on Wednesday so you can jump on board with it.

It's great fun. They're given a challenge and then halfway through it the host is like, 'I know you're making this pie in 90 minutes but now you also have to make a second pie.'

Thanks Toto, I’ve set that up on a series link. Sounds like fun 🎄

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,834 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

SO the lights got turned on in Dublin today. Did anyone attend the event?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Kitten that cake looks amazing :eek: and congratulations :)

SO the lights got turned on in Dublin today. Did anyone attend the event?
    It looked like it was a little slow moving so I'm glad I didn't go in. We're going for dinner tomorrow near Grafton Street so I can't wait to see them!

• Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭French_Girl

Yes, I didn't go either.
    Purely for fear of an entire town being too overcrowded.

I work around Grafton Street area so I'll get to see them during the week.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 2,594 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mystery Egg

I went and was on O'Connell Street. It was a complete shambles. The processions never arrived. Nothing happened except a tree was switched on after waiting over half an hour. The MC was inaudible. There was no music. Less than half the street lights came on.

Apparently the processions of light did happen, they just never made it to O'Connell Street. We saw nothing. Once the tree was switched on we were just told over and over to disperse.

It's my first Christmas home in years and it was really disappointing.

Lights were switched on in Cork today too. I’m going to drive in later with my daughter to see them ⛄️🎄🎅🏻. It’s getting close :)

I’m loving how we can use these emojis on mobile site.

⛄️ 🎄🎅ðŸ»

⛄️ 🎄🎅ðŸ»

And just as I say that the tree and Santa don’t work for me :(

• Registered Users Posts: 724 ✭✭✭Ms. Chanandler Bong

⛄️🎄🎅ðŸ»

Only one worked :(
    🎅🼠🀶🻠🎄

🎅🼠🀶🻠🎄

Teach us Cork Lass.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,933 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

🎅🼠🀶🻠🎄

💖🎅👶

Not one working for me :(

Is this working? ⛄️🎄🎅ðŸ»

Is this working? ⛄️🎄🎅ðŸ»

Nope :pac:

I have no idea. I use an iPad - maybe that is. Or maybe I’m just special 👌🎄⛄️😂⛄️⛄️😘😘

I went into grafton st. Got there at 5.15 and managed to get a spot at the front at the corner of grafton st and south Anne st. Procession was good but very short only lasted a couple of mins. When the procession hit Bewleys there was an MC and he done the countdown of the lights.

All in all it was good seeing the lights go on but the procession was an anti climax after all the hype.

Here is a few pics

Some more

Kitten k those are amazing pictures thank you so much for sharing them.

It seems like it was like a really good concept but executed poorly. Hopefully they can learn from this and improve on it for next year.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,971 ✭✭✭SarahLil

Congrats on your win Kitten
    That’s disappointing to hear about the lights in town
    Lazy Sunday here had my mother and my OH folks over for dinner, I had two helpings of dessert and I’m picking at left over meat now...,.its like Christmas night :)

• Registered Users Posts: 30,598 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Just noticed I'm A Celebrity is on. I find When this series starts things really begin getting Christmasy!

• Advertisement

Just noticed I'm A Celebrity is on. I find When this series starts things really begin getting Christmasy!

I always feel so sorry for them. Not because of the snakes and spiders and stuff, but because they miss out on the build-up to Christmas.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement