Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Open the selection box- Christmas Forum Chat Thread

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

ChewChew wrote: »
    Think my tree is going to have to go up!!!!! I also think I fell asleep to Christmas music and have the app back on :D

I dreamt last night all of my neighbours had put their decorations up over night. I never ran to the attic so quick in my life!!

It was such a panic I was so underprepared haha!!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,921 ✭✭✭✭hdowney

Been listening to Christmas music for the past couple days. Fair few scrooges on my fb page telling me tis too early though. I discovered I don't have enough Christmas fanatics like myself on my fb :/

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

hdowney wrote: »
    I discovered I don't have enough Christmas fanatics like myself on my fb :/

Add all of us we're all good for a Christmas like ;) haha

• Registered Users Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

Been listening to Christmas music for the past couple days. Fair few scrooges on my fb page telling me tis too early though. I discovered I don't have enough Christmas fanatics like myself on my fb :/

Why do they care what you listen to? It's not like you're blaring it into their homes!

I feel sorry for the bah humbugs. Not saying they have to love Christmas, but kinda sad that they get upset that other people are happy about it.... Just doesn't seem healthy how mad they get about other's joy!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,921 ✭✭✭✭hdowney

Agree completely. I'm not saying they have to be into Christmas, but they go around telling me I CAN'T be. It's like keep your humbugyness to yaself. My mam has even loosened up. I can blast the Christmas music and I can see her head bobbin which is great :D everybody now *Rockin around......* :P

• Advertisement

Just picked up a Christmas duvet set today! That'll be going on the bed tonight :)

Have to say I am very impressed with the effort the jervis street and clarehall shopping centres have made with their decorations this year especially with the lights.

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭irishbarb

ChewChew wrote: »
    The Christmas FM app is playing music!!! Been listening all day :D

It has been for a long time now. Not sure if it plays all year round on the app?

irishbarb wrote: »
    It has been for a long time now. Not sure if it plays all year round on the app?

It's on the tunein app all year round but when I checked the ChristmasFM app last week there was nothing playing. They're prob just testing the app at the moment :)

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭banbhaaifric

Couldn't get my cranky 2 month old baby down for her nap this afternoon, as soon as she went in the basket she started crying. That is until I put my phone playing Christmas fm softly at the top.
    Out like a light
    That's my girl :D

• Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭mashedbanana

I was strolling around a shop today that had a whole section just for Christmas bits, nothing unusual there. Over heard a couple of women chatting, one of them kept repeating 'I'm not ready yet to be buying for Christmas' over and over. I though 'WHAT ARE YOU DOING HERE SO???????'

The rest of us heard her, ignored her, and continued to 'ooh & ahh' over all the bits.

She kinda had this look that said alot. Looking around like we were all off our heads to be even considering items.
    I was tempted to call after her 'Merry Christmas to you' but bottled out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭irishbarb

Loughc wrote: »
    It's on the tunein app all year round but when I checked the ChristmasFM app last week there was nothing playing. They're prob just testing the app at the moment :)

Hmm I don't know, I have the ChristmasFM app for a few weeks now and it's been playing music since I downloaded it.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭Scarinae

I've been listening to Christmas FM all evening (thanks ChewChew!) and wow, I am in the most almighty Christmas groove!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭SusieBlue

Can anyone recommend a nice Christmassy Yankee candle scent? I got a gorgeous one last year and I can't quite remember the name of it, its driving me mad!

WhiteRoses wrote: »
    Can anyone recommend a nice Christmassy Yankee candle scent? I got a gorgeous one last year and I can't quite remember the name of it, its driving me mad!

Christmas cupcake is yum!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,008 ✭✭✭gidget

Christmas Eve scent is lovely.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,264 ✭✭✭✭Alicat

I think there's one called Winter Wonderland which lovely. Crisp and fresh!

Snow In Love and White Christmas are also fab. There's a Christmas Memories one which I've yet to smell myself!

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭Scarinae

It's exactly a month until I fly back to Ireland for Christmas! :)

I need to get my arse in gear and finish my shopping

Scarinae wrote: »

Excellent back in time for my birthday! :P

You back over for long?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

Lidl have some lovely christmas stuff.
    It is hard to explain to the kids that it is still weeks away because the 4 year olds birthday is the 1st jan so she knows once christmas is over it is her birthday.
    We got lovely window stickers for 1.49. They have loads of jars of mince for mince pies and 3 different flavours too.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators Posts: 24,367 ✭✭✭✭ChewChew

Scarinae wrote: »

I have the best part of my shopping done. I've made some Christmas puddings for gifts and tonight I made chilli jam, also for gifts. I'm going to make lemon curd as well I'm on a day off work on Friday so I'm going to finish my shopping then it's wrap wrap wrap :D

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,562 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

I bought loads of rolls of ribbon today to conclude my wrapping. There will be bows a plenty!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,274 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Did everybody hear about the MTV Xmas channels that's beginning on Saturday??! It's all Xmas songs! Should be good tunes if it's MTV hopefully!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,264 ✭✭✭✭Alicat

It's snowing! :eek: Not where I am though :(

Alicat wrote: »
    It's snowing! :eek: Not where I am though :(

It's not snowing where I am either but it's good to see it start early this year! I had many a fond memories lamp watching for snow as a child :D

We did get a sprinkling of snow over night, then it froze! 3 kettles of warm water it took to sort the car (yes I have anti freeze spray, but i prefer the warm kettle of water, faster too) ANyway..... 9.15 last night....TV3..... (ya, i rarely watch that channel either) Was the Coca cola ad!!!!!! with the trucks. Hubby commented at the end....'Santa never gave the wink though' Now who's an observant little Grinch then?

I'm a die hard, holding out for the Budweiser ad, with the horses...... :-D (if it's even on anymore!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 600 ✭✭✭King Krib

We did get a sprinkling of snow over night, then it froze! 3 kettles of warm water it took to sort the car (yes I have anti freeze spray, but i prefer the warm kettle of water, faster too) ANyway..... 9.15 last night....TV3..... (ya, i rarely watch that channel either) Was the Coca cola ad!!!!!! with the trucks. Hubby commented at the end....'Santa never gave the wink though' Now who's an observant little Grinch then?
    Funny coincidence but I saw the Coca Cola ad last night too and noticed poor old santa didn't give the wink. Must be the cut packs. ...;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,274 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

I'm a die hard, holding out for the Budweiser ad, with the horses...... :-D (if it's even on anymore!)

Why do they not show that anymore?!!:mad:

leahyl wrote: »
    Why do they not show that anymore?!!:mad:

i don't remember seeing it last year. I hope it's on this year though. It was the one ad that 'made' Christmas for me.

(I finally buckled, and lit 2 of my yankee candles. 'Christmas tree' and 'Cinnamon' the house smells divine, I prefer the Cinnamon to the Christmas tree, going back to YCS tomorrow, to get a few more, if funds allow!)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,230 ✭✭✭Merkin

Hi everyone, haven't posted in this thread before! (Waves wearing tinsel in my hair and wearing reindeer ears! :) )I LOVE Christmas, always have, used to want to write to Santy in September as a little girl such was my enthusiasim and it hasn't waned....simply the loveliest time of year! Great to find some people who think the same way!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement