Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Open the selection box- Christmas Forum Chat Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,921 ✭✭✭✭hdowney

Loughc wrote: »
    Loving how this forum bursts to life this time of the year! Here's to a great Christmas Season all!

This day next week I will be putting up my Christmas Tree! :D

Meee too :) Since I am assuming I won't be off to the toy show :(

I am still debating getting a real tree. I am waiting for the ones for the Hospice to go on sale and then I'll go take a gander at size, poofyness! and price.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,264 ✭✭✭✭Alicat

hdowney wrote: »
    Meee too :) Since I am assuming I won't be off to the toy show :(

I am still debating getting a real tree. I am waiting for the ones for the Hospice to go on sale and then I'll go take a gander at size, poofyness! and price.

This is very important! :pac:

Alicat wrote: »
    This is very important! :pac:

It REALLY is. I don't want some spindly looking yoke ya can see thru. I have enough decs for THREE trees for flipsake, I'd not get a third of them on a spindly fcker!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

This day next week I'll be browsing the Christmas markets of Cologne:cool:

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

This day next week I'll be browsing the Christmas markets of Cologne:cool:

Jealous is an understatement!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

Jealous is an understatement!

Sorry, that was not my intention at all when making the post :pac:

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Sorry, that was not my intention at all when making the post :pac:

No apology needed at all, have a great trip and take lots of pictures! :D

Just got some great news one of my good friends who's over in Australia is coming home in time for Christmas. I haven't seen him in about 2 years and one if the last sessions we had together was Christmas Eve 2011. Looking forward to having him back. It's made me soooo excited for Christmas :D

• Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭mashedbanana

Just got some great news one of my good friends who's over in Australia is coming home in time for Christmas. I haven't seen him in about 2 years and one if the last sessions we had together was Christmas Eve 2011. Looking forward to having him back. It's made me soooo excited for Christmas :D

That will be some session that night out!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

So I posted about the gingerbread house I was building the other day, we finally finished it. Between two people it took about 40 hours of work decorating, it has a wooden frame, but other than that the entire thing is edible. To put it in perspective, there's around 150kg of royal icing used in it! I had so much fun doing it and am really proud of how it came out, now pictures as promised (unfortunately I can't put the smell into the computer). It's something to cross off the bucket list anyway!

Before:

1470046_10200748820072685_2138090282_n.jpg

The Finished Exterior:

602293_10200748148615899_1783987242_n.jpg

1470163_10200748799392168_1388744680_n.jpg

The interior:

1463874_10200748798192138_1387067030_n.jpg

564435_10200748798352142_1485887244_n.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,331 ✭✭✭SparkySpitfire

Wow!!!! That house is amazing! Well done! You should definitely make some sort of tutorial, unless you've decided to create a family secret to passed down :D

• Moderators Posts: 24,367 ✭✭✭✭ChewChew

That gingerbread house is absolutely fantastic!!! Well done!

So I took to the streets on Friday and I got aaaaalllll my shopping done. Just need to wrap it all but it's a great feeling to have it all over and done with now :) the tree goes up next... Christmas fm starts Thursday.... Ho ho ho :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,810 ✭✭✭Jude13

Just waiting on payday and then I'll start my christmas shopping.

That ginger bread house is unreal.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,230 ✭✭✭Merkin

I actually want to move in to the ginger bread house and live there until Christmas, I love it!! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭Emcm

That house is just amazing so beautiful what an achievement. You have made me feel all Christmassy today !!!!

Christmas shopping tomorrow !!!!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,809 ✭✭✭Frigga_92

I have managed to sneak a few Christmas bits into the house. 2 porcelain santa and snowman candle holders and I have started decorating my light fixtures. My husband doesn't like Christmas half as much as I do so he wouldn't like the decorations going up too early.

I'm putting up my tree next Sunday so I'm hoping to have the rest of my decorations up before then.

I love when you have just put up all the decorations and everything looks just right, nothing missing bulbs, nothing sagging too low etc.
    I love it when the only light in the room is from the Christmas tree.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭Tindie

I have seen few house with some Xmas light from my work place to my house, none on road yet, but around the coner the one house with lights outside the house.

And my tree is going up tomorow

Tindie wrote: »
    I have seen few house with some Xmas light from my work place to my house, none on road yet, but around the coner the one house with lights outside the house.

And my tree is going up tomorow

My facebook newsfeed is full of people putting up their Christmas decorations today! :eek:

I remember when anything before the 8th of December was madness! And I thought next weekend was too early, I want mine up now!!

Our local little town put up the decorations over the weekend, from a distance this morning I clocked them, but up close they are like something out of Circa 1965. Not very exciting at all. Maybe when they are lit up.....

Supervalu have the tinned sweeties on special off. 2 for €10 , I Dont think they will drop any lower than that. So I got a 'few' tins. Then I hid them. I think Ill be a bit smarter this year, get out a nice dish fill with a good selection of sweets, and when the dish is empty thats that for another day, cos If I leave the tin unattended..... they won't eat their dinner, and there wont me as much as a bounty left for the odd visitor. Okay...there will be Bountys left, and Snickers, cos if there was nothing else there....they STILL wouldn't eat them ones.

But you get my drift! Celebrations have now got Toblerone added to their tins. (Or is it Heros....which ever one does the mini bars) :-D

this day next month pps!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭Broken Strings

Pigwidgeon wrote: »
    So I posted about the gingerbread house I was building the other day, we finally finished it. Between two people it took about 40 hours of work decorating, it has a wooden frame, but other than that the entire thing is edible. To put it in perspective, there's around 150kg of royal icing used in it! I had so much fun doing it and am really proud of how it came out, now pictures as promised (unfortunately I can't put the smell into the computer). It's something to cross off the bucket list anyway!

It's like something from Heston Blumenthals Fantastical Food :D

• Advertisement

My Christmas tree arrived this morning. Beyond excited!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭Tindie

Are tree is up, still not put everything on there yet but so far

t7700.gif
    t7700.gif

image.php?u=144&dateline=1385401013

Still no sign of the Christmas trees that I wanna peruse and possibly buy. Mind my house is in NO state to accept said Christmas tree. I need to get a lick on moving the furniture and all. (I procrastinated at the zoo today!!!!)

Took my tree out of the box and I'm so happy with it :D

We got a small reusable one this year because for the past 2 year we've bought real trees and they've been way too big and way too messy.

Can't wait to decorate it on Sunday!

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭Emcm

I am a total wreck got a lot of my shopping done all the little people sorted and the nieces and nephews. Still have the parents to buy for but find them hard so hadn't the energy today after Penneys and Smyths .

Ok I will be honest I blew €100 of my present budget in Homestore and more on Christmas decorations I think I may have a serious problem I might need some therapy I don't think my dear hubby is too impressed and oh yeah I forgot I haven't bought anything for him either ..... Oh dear!!!! Better luck next time ;-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 617 ✭✭✭pa4

First christmas card in the post today :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭we'llallhavetea

Think today I'm going to pull down everything from the attic :D Saturday night is the night, going to have the toy show recorded and throw it on, fire roaring, face like a slapped arse while I untangle the lights and fix bulbs etc, then the fun part of adding the baubles! Cannot wait to get the tree up!

untangling the lights.....*shudders*

I have to say I am LOVING everyone's pics of their Christmas Trees in the Christmas Trees Thread, there are some seriously lovely trees!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,274 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

untangling the lights.....*shudders*

That is the worst part! :mad::pac:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement