Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Open the selection box- Christmas Forum Chat Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,921 ✭✭✭✭hdowney

leahyl wrote: »
    Jaysus, you got the flu very fast hdowney! :( I'm hoping all decorations will be down from attic by the time I get home this evening!

Yea I have a compromised immune system so I get things quicker and more often :(
    Oh hdowney, I was making shortbread while ago, & did a bit of tidying up around the house. I got this drained feeling wash over me, usualy thats a viral thing for me.I hope it's not though, this evening of all evenings it gonna be a busy household. & I don't just mean the excitment of the the Late Late to show.Tomorrow I have arranged to take a few small kids out for the day. But right now, I feel like death. All of a sudden, must be viral. If I do get to see the late late tonight, ill be eskimoing myself on the couch. I hope you feel better soon, and that by Monday, we will both be on the road to recovery.

On the plus side, you can always sit on the couch and supervise/direct the decorating process, while sampling some hot whiskey (something similar). Hot rum and brandy are brilliant for the 'flu' btw. Fingers crossed that Santa bring you something extra nice, for being sick on the run up to Christmas. :-D

:) thank you :) Shame I can't supervise/direct though as I am the one who does it all. The mammy wouldn't bother with a tree at all :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭mashedbanana

Mammy...not bother...with tree....WHAAAAAAA?
    Well then, it's your mission to get better soon, or else, it'll be like the Grinch.

*pretends I'm faith hill, singing 'Where are you Christmas' (dog thinks Im a looney tune)

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭Scarinae

A colleague knows I love reindeer and sent me a link to this news story and video – it’s in Finnish but she translated some of it. Basically this reindeer was rejected by its mother and this family took him in, he lives in their house and hangs out with their dogs. He is ‘mostly’ house trained and his favourite TV programme is Heartbeat.

I NEED A REINDEER

Mammy...not bother...with tree....WHAAAAAAA?
    Well then, it's your mission to get better soon, or else, it'll be like the Grinch.

*pretends I'm faith hill, singing 'Where are you Christmas' (dog thinks Im a looney tune)

Yup she doesnt see the point

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭Emcm

I hope you guys feel better soon there is an awful lot of bugs going around at the minute. I am not feeling great myself either I put up my ornament decorations yesterday and was supposed to do the 2 trees today but not really feeling in the spirit so might leave it till tomorrow.

Kids all excited about the toy show later hopefully they will stay awake this year

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,008 ✭✭✭gidget

Another pic I spotted on the I Love Christmas fb page! Be a great buy, could imagine playing this on Christmas Eve especially!

The tree is up in time for toy show Yeah !!! I just said I would do it all delighted Tree 2 can wait till tomorrow. I will post pics in Christmas tree thread tomorrow if I can actually figure out how to do it.

Enjoy the toy show or toy story as my little ones are calling it I think they may be disappointed when they see Ryan and not Woody !!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,711 ✭✭✭C.K Dexter Haven

Anyone get Christmas Tree put up reticence? I'll pay someone to put up my tree- hate doing it but love it when it's up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,809 ✭✭✭Frigga_92

The tree is up. The majority of my decorations are up. I just need to get some sort of large light decoration for my big kitchen window, a white tablecloth, a patterned tablecloth and a Santa village of some description for my hall.

LOVE this part! Everything is so lovely and twinkly.

Well, what did ye all think of the Late Late? I thought it was brilliant! I really did. Ryan was a bit more lively this year, and some of the kids were real characters! When he drop kicked the flying fairy thing......that was funny.

My lot managed to stay awake for it, even the youngest. The competition....€20,000 that's some present 3 weeks before Christmas, good luck to them. They might desperately need it, you'd never know.

One of the last things I'm looking forward to picking it up....The Christmas RTE Guide. I wonder which one of them will get the blame for the cover falling off this year?

• Advertisement

Well, what did ye all think of the Late Late? I thought it was brilliant! I really did. Ryan was a bit more lively this year, and some of the kids were real characters! When he drop kicked the flying fairy thing......that was funny.

My lot managed to stay awake for it, even the youngest. The competition....€20,000 that's some present 3 weeks before Christmas, good luck to them. They might desperately need it, you'd never know.

One of the last things I'm looking forward to picking it up....The Christmas RTE Guide. I wonder which one of them will get the blame for the cover falling off this year?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

It really was great this year. The little guy who met Robbie Keane made my night. I thought that Ryan really made a great effort to have lots of fun. Too much singing and not enough toys but I really enjoyed it.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Great toy show this year. Really enjoyed it! Tree is up along with the lights in the window. Christmas is now officially opened for business in my household :)

I thoroughly enjoyed the toy show thought it the best in years. Oh to have been I'm that audience fantastic prices. The kids were lovely this year and Ryan was brilliant calmer and not as hyper as some years. I totally agree the Robbie Keane bit stole the show for me the look on the wee boys face was priceless I couldn't believe how mature he was asking the questions and Robert Jnr so cute with the tears in his eyes

• Registered Users Posts: 5,472 ✭✭✭brooke 2

It was a super show! Loved the look on the face of Dómhnall
    from Connemara when Robbie Keane walked on to the set!! :)

BOSCO!!!!!!

Feeling totally festive now my two trees are up and all my decorations finished i am looking forward to sitting down in front of tv with a wee glass of vino to celebrate My room looks so cosy now with my light up villages and tree.

I even figured out how to post my pics on the other thread not the best pics mind you. It's very difficult to take a pic of a Christmas tree.

Enjoy your Saturday evening folks !!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 30,513 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Happy December everybody, it's this month!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭mud

Happy December everybody, it's this month!

\o/ I was on my PC at midnight. Such a thrill to see 01/12/13!

Yay, its here, its here, I feel a bit like Buddy the Elf, full of enthuasism! Our elf returned from his adventures last night wearing the new clothes we bought him and he had Lego Advent Calendars with him. Box 1 has been opened. He also did a bit of decorating overnight in the kitchen and in DS's bathroom, so he was busy. Great excitement about it all here this morning - the children are having fun too :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,274 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Excited that the 1st has arrived!! Got the tree up (as in standing with lights on) on Friday night but need to decorate it today! Need to finish off the other bits too and then must see what new candles I need and what I can get rid of!

Might stick oh 'Elf' this afternoon while I'm decorating the tree :-)

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

It's the final countdown!! :D

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

It is December \o/
    My eldest is asking how many days to christmas so that she can count how many days to her birthday(1st Jan):)
    My baby is sitting beside me watching "The Snowman" he loves the music.
    I bought an advent calendar for the girls but I need to come up with stuff to fill it with!

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Advent calendar day!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭mud

Eeeeeeeep! Even though I'm still up to my eyesies with essays I can see beyond them and towards a beautiful Christmas.

Woohooooooooo!

OK, so far this morning the smallies have watched Mickey's Christmas Carol (useless Disney trivia - its 30 years old this year), ate a pile of Celebrations, had a row, "helped" with the decorating and now they are watching the Muppets Christmas Carol. Would it be too early for a Bailey's coffee? x

If you are pouring I'll have one. My tree is still in the box and looks to be staying there for the forseeable future. My house is small (need to re-arrange furniture for tree small) and that is impossible to do with the two dogs underfoot. Why not put them outside for a while I hear you say. Oh that'd be a little things known as the drains overflowing gack into the garden. AGAIN (long story short this has been going on every couple months for the past two years. Getting it sorted is a pain in the ar*e, pretty sure we know who causes it etc............ It'd take way to long to explain here). So yea. Can't do anything :(

• Registered Users Posts: 14,274 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Ok so finally everything is up!! Took me 5 hours but the front room and living room are all clean and Christmassy!! I now have a pounding headache!

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭Salt001

It's Christmas time........ at last.
    Watched the re-run of The Toy Show with the help of a glass of wine.
    I have so far resisted the call of the white bearded, red suited man, but no longer.
    ITS CHRISTMASSSSSSSSSSSS :D

• Advertisement

leahyl wrote: »
    Ok so finally everything is up!! Took me 5 hours but the front room and living room are all clean and Christmassy!! I now have a pounding headache!

Make sure to post some pics on the Christmas tree thread I love looking at all the trees.

Isn't it great to have it all done I have all the fires lit and the kids are watching The Santa Claus I just love this time of year

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement