Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Open the selection box- Christmas Forum Chat Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭mashedbanana

I got rid of sky.... :-(

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,562 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

I'm just watching it on UPC. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭Donald73

Hello everyone I think I've just found my way home!! Love love LOVE Christmas

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

donna35 wrote: »
    Hello everyone I think I've just found my way home!! Love love LOVE Christmas

Welcome you're gonna fit right in! :-)

Hi Donna! You sound like one of us already, welcome to T'other side :)

• Advertisement

Welcome to the dark Festive side. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,363 ✭✭✭washiskin

Posy wrote: »
    Welcome to the dark Festive side. :)

;) Don't you mean the Tinsel Side?

In a bid to cheer myself up I stopped into a particular Christmas Shop yesterday.
    It did the trick. :cool:

washiskin wrote: »
    ;) Don't you mean the Tinsel Side?

In a bid to cheer myself up I stopped into a particular Christmas Shop yesterday.
    It did the trick. :cool:

Pleeeeease tell us you made a purchase!! :D

Mayo Gurl wrote: »
    Pleeeeease tell us you made a purchase!!
    :D

Almost! I have earmarked one or two things for when I have a few bob :D

Almost! I have earmarked one or two things for when I have a few bob :D

Lovely! Ha, you'd better hope none of us go in and buy your stuff :P Only joking, my small lady has spent the last few days eyeing up the Halloween decorations, they're in boxes in a spare bedroom here temporarily. Small boy was acting up this morning, so I went to elfontheshelf.com he saw Santa and moved at the speed of a reindeer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭Love2love

First Christmas purchases of the year done today. Got some Santa pressies in. I know it's mad early but I like to get finished the kids by September / October. This year is flying by.... Doesn't seem that long ago I was looking at my twinkling lights on my Christmas tree :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

Tisn't mad early, I think it can be good to sort stuff over time, spread the cost out a bit so you don't have a huge chunk outgoing at one time.
    Myself & my dad both have my mother sorted for Christmas & birthday (tis the day before).

I've been starting to think about what to get people (some you can get in advance, others you need to wait til closer to the time if they're tricky).

I have lots of stuff bought as well. I know my small peeps won't change their minds as they are crazy about Lego/Princesses/Sylvanians/Disney Cars/all-things-Disney, so they are really easy (and fun) to buy for. All the stuff is stored at my parents house in the attic, its like a Grotto up there. However, I would say to anyone tempted to early shop - keep a spreadsheet of your purchases - and LOCK it in case of small prying eyes ;)

Oh yeah definitely make a list of what you've got if you shop early, as what can happen [a number of times] is that you forget what you bought and end up with lots of presents!

If I had a lot of people to buy for I'd definitely have already started shopping for Christmas!

As it is, I'm going to try and wait until September 1st, but I'll probably know exactly what I'm buying everyone by then. :)

Ha. Oddly enough, someone has dropped a Santa hat outside a house up the road. Being the bad mother that I am, I did a slow drive-by (not at all suspicious :P ) and told the small peeps that elves are watching ALL year round and must have been about last night and it would be in their best interests to STAY in bed when they go upstairs at night. Ah, the joys of being able to lie with a straight face :D

• Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭mashedbanana

Mayo Gurl wrote: »
    Ha. Oddly enough, someone has dropped a Santa hat outside a house up the road. Being the bad mother that I am, I did a slow drive-by (not at all suspicious :P ) and told the small peeps that elves are watching ALL year round and must have been about last night and it would be in their best interests to STAY in bed when they go upstairs at night. Ah, the joys of being able to lie with a straight face :D
    LO!!! That's naughty...but nice! :-D
    (see what I did with that there?)

Idea backfired! The Drama Queen decided we should go for a "walk". She had to have a right good look at the hat. Is now upstairs, but staring out the window at the sky as it has been declared by her six year old self that the elf will surely return for his clothing and she intends to see him. Tonight. :eek:

But if Santa or an elf is ever seen by a human they instantly magic themselves back to the North Pole and you get put on the 'list' and Santa will never visit you again.

That's why you have to be asleep before Father Christmas visits or it'll be the last visit from him you'll ever have. *dun dun dun*

Dead right, Posy! Youngest has decided to ask Santa to bring a baby brother :eek: and a sister :eek::eek: When the tooth fairy called to the Drama Queen she left pixie dust on the windowsill, lockers, pillows and bedclothes. I think its time to get out my glitter as a little reminder about the importance of getting to sleep...

• Advertisement

Sounds like a plan!! :D

Either that or you could come sit outside their bedrooms and sing your "dun dun dun" song.....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭milli milli

Hi Christmas people!
    Mayo girl what a lovely story you have going on there. I can't wait til my nieces and nephews are old enough to know who Santa is. Can't wait to share all the magic with them!

Wow it's so summery now. Christmas seems like a distant memory.
    But the other day I was driving along the motorway, with the window down in the shimmering heat. I overtook a car that had a plant sticking out its window. And for a minute it looked like a car coming from town, having bought the Christmas tree!!

My brother came across a beer that had Santa on the front and posted me the pic. When I get to a proper computer I'll post up the pic. So nice to see Santa in June!!

Aw, milli, it really is such good fun with them, it really brings you back to being small, its so exciting! The hat returned this morning! We set off for Achill, and there it was on the wall this time! SO....which one of ye is it!!!!!!!!!!!!! Who is my neighbour :)

197874_565237306827168_1835633631_n.jpg Hope I have posted this right. Its a picture of our Elf chatting up Rapunzel while Mother Gothel gives him evils on the top of the Ultimate Castle. Can you tell I love Disney?♥

Spotted the annual "Start Collecting your Stamps for Christmas" poster in Dunnes window in Ashbourne on Tuesday.....eeeeep! :D

Watching the cheesy Surviving Christmas just won't be the same this year :( I can see my stupid picture didn't upload for me, I'll find my camera and try it again. Hope you're all well, we're almost at the 6 month mark xx

THIS JUST IN !!!!!!! Just had a tweet from BTs - Christmas Shop opening in late August!!!! :D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,274 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

THIS JUST IN !!!!!!! Just had a tweet from BTs - Christmas Shop opening in late August!!!! :D:D:D

:eek::D:pac:

I'll be on hols for the last week and half of August and first week of September so Christmas shop will be there when I come back!

• Advertisement

Ordered this (not from there, but just they've good images of it)
    http://www.etsy.com/listing/114367693/so-retro-vintage-garfield-christmas

so hopefully can do some for Christmas :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement