Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Open the selection box- Christmas Forum Chat Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,274 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Merkin wrote: »
    Aww I feel your pain. Especially when it is a memory you treasure. Are you based in Dublin or London? If in Dublin I urge you to go into the Shelbourne reservations lobby (tucked away in the back) because they have an AMAZING ‘Shelbourne Express’ Train situated in the Hotel lobby and is already a huge hit with children and adults. The Pastry Chef Katie created the wonderfully magical set which includes gingerbread houses, reindeer, sweets and icing.

Eeeek I'm going to Dublin next week with Mum for Andre Rieu so might check this out! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,230 ✭✭✭Merkin

I know, it's absolutely gorgeous isn't it? I always love the windows in BT's as well, they make such an effort every year! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,331 ✭✭✭SparkySpitfire

leahyl wrote: »
    Eeeek I'm going to Dublin next week with Mum for Andre Rieu so might check this out! :D

JEALOUS.

feck your mum, bring me instead

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,562 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

I seem a few Gisela Graham bits and bobs in Harrods when I was there the weekend before but it was too crowded to enjoy properly, and a lot smaller, yes.

I prefer mosying about the Christmas shops in August when they are nice and quiet!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭eskimocat

JEALOUS.

feck your mum, bring me instead

Feck bringing Sparky... bring me... :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭Emcm

Santa cottage tomorrow !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am so excited and of course so are the kids ( maybe me just a little bit more )

I will let you know how we get on

Update: Went to Ailwee Caves, I wasn't awfully impressed. I'm still freezing after it. Adults got a bag with a mug and a little glass reindeer. Kids got ok gifts off Santa. Face painters were excellent. There was a puppet show, 3 different rides, you could post a letter to Santa....there was also a bird of prey show, but we didn't go to it. I was expecting a lot more from it after all the rave reviews we had heard. It just lacked *magic*. To be honest, I don't think I would go back.

Well we are back from Santa's Cottage and to be honest I do feel a wee bit disappointed. It is a lovely place but I just think it isn't worth the money We paid £80 stg for 2 adults 3 kids age 5, 4 and 1. Do I feel it was worth €100 plus €20 in diesel to get to it - No. Maybe during the boom years when people had more disposable income but for us now spending that kind of money is a big thing and I expected more. I felt we were herded in and waited a long time to see Santa , we were unfortunately last of our group to see him so waiting almost an hour. Because we were last and I think they were waiting on the next group we were very rushed we literally only had barely 5 minutes.

There was Elfs doing singing etc with the kids while we waited but I was paying to have 1 on 1 with Santa and we only got the 5 minutes for a family of 3 kids so a bit disappointing.

Luckily the kids enjoyed it and the lights and the nativity scene are very cute but I myself was a wee bit underwhelmed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 536 ✭✭✭April O Neill II

I don't know what it is about this year... usually the Christmassy feeling doesn't kick in for me until ~ the 21st (usually the date we put up the decorations). It's been like that since I was a teenager.

But this year, I feel so excited about Christmas, the feeling has hit me in the last few days. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭seosamh1980

Halp, I've lost my Christmas spirit :( My husband is working lots of overtime, every single day, I'm working reduced hours (until tomorrow, working then until Sunday), and he has very little time off over actual Christmas, our first to ever spend together. I'm stuck here alone, won't see my friends and family until Monday when I get home, I has a sad :(

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

my husband finishes up on Wednesday and we have barely seen him since he got back from 2 weeks in the US on Saturday and the kids do not believe me that he has 2 weeks off but I don't blame them as I will not beleive it until it happens either \o/

Emcm - that sounds disappointing,we brought the now 4 year old twice and never felt rushed and had loads of time with santa and no wait.

I'm so excited!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Just an hour until I collect the babes from school! They havn't slept properly in ages, they are beyond excited. Hope you all have a lovely Christmassey weekend x

• Registered Users Posts: 2,251 ✭✭✭Pang

Just three hours left before my official hols! Cannot wait! So excited!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭mud

Finished my last essay this morning!

Christmas? Bring it!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,994 ✭✭✭DenMan

Just finished work! Am officially on holidays! Have a great Christmas everybody! :D

Just got the smallies to sleep now, over-excited now that they can do the "sleeps-count" on only one hand....

• Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭mashedbanana

Mayo Gurl wrote: »
    Just got the smallies to sleep now, over-excited now that they can do the "sleeps-count" on only one hand....

Isn't it fantastic! I'm counting down the sleeps myself!
    I've noticed mine are being exceptionally nice to eachother, normally they torment eachother. My 10 yr old is starting to ask 'odd' questions :-(
    But the other young 'wan is off her head with excitment!
    Or else she's getting ditzy from the chocolate!
    Either way it's all good!

Cleaning around the decorations (lift,wipe,drop) haven't vexed me this year. Which is nice, considering I've had them up for weeks. Plus I have extra trees this year too. I must admit, we seem to be cruising into Christmas very smoothly, and not wound up in a panic.

As long as I remember to pull out the turkey & ham On Sunday from the freezer....thats tomorrow!!! OMG! 3 days at the bottom of the fridge, if memory serves me correctly.

If we got another belt of snow... t'would be nice. We got a good bit last Thursday morning. I had all the outside lights turned on, looking out the windows at 7am. Then for some strange reason, ran to look out the front door! as if to check it had snowed out the front of the house and not just out the back!... silly! hubby thought I'd lost the plot, running around the place, searching for the camera.

i must remember to put diesel in my car too, not that I'm leaving the house on Christmas day, I dont plan too. But doesn't every one top up the car before Christmas? Can't wait to see Mrs Brown on Christmas night!

i'm ready for action!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 600 ✭✭✭King Krib

The chimney has just been cleaned so the the man himself can make it down without too much difficulty. Oh to be a child again at this time of year. But I don't think I'll ever lose that magical Christmas feeling.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Been on holidays since Thursday! I celebrated the big 30 on Thursday. Had a relaxing day yesterday, just finished cleaning the house from top to bottom the future in laws are coming over for dinner and drinks!

Sunday is last minute shopping day and Monday I'm off to Tipp for the 12 pubs and Christmas at home for Tipp!

Have a great Christmas everyone! Be good to each other and take it easy on the roads in this weather! Have a safe great Christmas :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭eskimocat

Glad the preparations seem to be full swing for the boardsies in the Christmas Forum, but I just wanted to give ye a heads up.. there could be some pretty windy weather on the way for Monday and Tue (Christmas Eve). Check out the weather forum here for more updates as its still a bit early to call it yet but worth keeping an eye on. Just stay safe over the Christmas period and be prepared in case of power cuts... candles, matches, spare batteries, keep phones fully charged, marshmallows for toasting on fire etc.. (and then hopefully you'll not actually need them!)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭carolinespring

It's my birthday and I am 10 years married to my best friend who is also the love of my life. Reliving our Christmas wedding and its almost CHRISTMAS!!! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XEc1X1toJxM&feature=share

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

It's snowing. :D It's far too wet for it to stick but it doesn't matter. It looks so Christmassy!

I spent the day shopping with my two nephews in a small town. What an absolute pleasure of a day.

Can't wait for the next few days. Going to run to the pub for last orders now. Have a great night everyone!

It's midnight! It has finally arrived! Happy Christmas to you all xxxx

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,562 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Happy Christmas Eve! :)

The Christmas spirit is alive and well :)

Everyone smiling and talking about happy things, great to be a part of it.

I was just thinking how quiet we have all been over last few days and now lots of activity A busy day today my ham is already in the oven the smell of cider all through the house kids are bouncing off the Walls with excitement - I love it.

Happy Christmas to you all I hope you and all your families have a wonderful time xx

• Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭mashedbanana

I have my ham on the go too! Should be done at about 8 pm. Tis freezing cold outside, i dont plan on going travelling tonight, or tomorrow. I love to stay at home. The kids are buzzing, and are asking ...when can we go to bed?.... Its the one night where bedtime is not an issue.

I must have a look online for the Santa tracker, they love to see where he is as the day goes by.
    Looking forward to the Mario Rosenstock special, I think it's on tonight.
    I was 'ordered' out of the bedroom today, as himself was wrapping my pressies. I'm resisting the urge to go hunting for a feel of them!

Anyone watching The Bible series on telly the last couple of nights? It's brilliant, and the music thats in it is only haunting. It's on again tonight, but I might have to record it if it clashes!

Well Merry Christmas everyone, I hope all your turkeys are juicy, all the spiced beef spicey, and all the hams hammy! Remember Baileys is not just for Christmas!

God Bless xxxxx

• Registered Users Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

Merry Christmas everyone!

Hope you all have the happiest of days whatever you may be doing :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,230 ✭✭✭Merkin

A fun-filled and fabulous Christmas to you all!! :) xx

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement