Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Open the selection box- Christmas Forum Chat Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,274 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Happy Christmas to a great bunch of people! Hope you have a fantastic festive day wherever you are! :-D

Merry Christmas to you all! I hope Santa was good, DH and I weren't too long in bed before we got hauled out again. Have a wonderful day wherever you are xxx

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,436 ✭✭✭c_man

Happy Christmas everyone! :)

*salivating for dinner*

• Registered Users Posts: 1,008 ✭✭✭gidget

Happy Christmas to my fellow Christmas fans :D Hope you & yours have a lovely day

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,562 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Happy Christmas to everyone here in this lovely forum! :)

christmas-animated-gifs.gif

• Advertisement

Hope you are all enjoying yourselves. Just up for air from making Lego, Lego and more Lego - and its not even mine! Loving the lazy days...

• Registered Users Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

the in-between days are the best, aren't they

26th - 30th relaxing

• Registered Users Posts: 12,921 ✭✭✭✭hdowney

Haven't been in here in a while. Haven't been up to it. Had a 4 day migraine, then a stomach bug and chest infection all over Christmas and another god awful migraine last night. Only had our christmas dinner last night. Nearly nothing from all the nommables have been eaten!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Hey all!

I hope ye all had a wonderful Christmas! I'm so happy to read ye all had a good and safe Christmas! I had an amazing Christmas and very busy! Only getting around to post in here now! Apologies for the secret santa I was down in Tipp for Christmas and I had no internet so I couldn't sort it out the way I wanted to.

I had a great break but the usual end of holidays/Christmas slump is kicking in, I had a big lump in my throat as I type this knowing it's all over in a few days and the tree will come down and every thing reverts to non-Christmas again!

I hate saying goodbye to Christmas especially when we wait all year for it! It's like saying goodbye to a close family member for 11 months, it's horrible! I swear I'd die a happy man if I could find a job that involves doing Christmas work all year round haha!

I am calling upon ye all now my fellow elves to keep the spirit of Christmas going in this forum right from the start of 2014 to the end again! We all love Christmas and will all miss it, lets keep the support going for each other and our favorite time of year!

• Registered Users Posts: 650 ✭✭✭CarrieAnne

Good morning to all....

We (Christmas nuts) do wait all year for this fabulous season... so it does make sense that we don't have time to post here, with enjoying the wonderful time with family and friends.

I guess I just ignore people who are talking about Christmas as if its over.... its not over until the 6th! AND even a few days after that IF i get away with it. ;-) (So LoughC I will keep the spirit going as best i can.)

I hope YOU ALL are having a laughter filled, peaceful and blessed time...

C.

• Advertisement

CarrieAnne wrote: »
    I guess I just ignore people who are talking about Christmas as if its over.... its not over until the 6th! AND even a few days after that IF i get away with it. ;-)
    That's why I asked folks to hold off on the countdown this year until after the 6th- no point in counting down to Christmas when it still IS Christmas! :o

I've been having a lovely Christmas and glad to hear others are too. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭Emcm

Happy New year to all my fellow Christmas nuts I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas and 2014 brings you all health and happiness xx

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭Emcm

hdowney wrote: »
    Haven't been in here in a while. Haven't been up to it. Had a 4 day migraine, then a stomach bug and chest infection all over Christmas and another god awful migraine last night. Only had our christmas dinner last night. Nearly nothing from all the nommables have been eaten!

So sorry to hear you weren't well Hdowney I hope you are feeling better now and able to ring in the new year in style

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Happy New Years everyone!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,274 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Happy New Year everyone! I hope 2014 brings you good health and happiness :-)

Happy-New-Year-glitter-animation.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭eskimocat

Happy New Year all! I hope you year ahead is filled with Christmassy cheer all through the year.

I had a lovely Christmas, peaceful and easy. Just the way I like it!

Looking forward to dropping in here throughout the year for the continual good cheer. :)

So who's back to work tomorrow? Due to the month end activities involved in my job my boss wouldn't allow me to have the 2nd or 3rd off :(

No pity! I've been back a week already! :pac:

Most people I know are back now tomorrow.

Posy wrote: »
    No pity! I've been back a week already! :pac:

Most people I know are back now tomorrow.

A week!! Yikes!! :-O

I did not sleep a wink last night :(

Pray for me forum haha!

• Advertisement

You're in our thoughts. :pac:

Posy wrote: »
    You're in our thoughts. :pac:

I'm surviving! ;)

After about a hour of being there it was like I was never away! It's amazing what a two week build up of the fear can do to your psychie! Haha!

Loughc wrote: »
    I'm surviving! ;)

After about a hour of being there it was like I was never away! It's amazing what a two week build up of the fear can do to your psychie! Haha!

Sending my sympathies!!! Hope you are close to clocking off time at this stage. On the brightside, tomorrow is the weekend ;) x

Mayo Gurl wrote: »
    Sending my sympathies!!! Hope you are close to clocking off time at this stage. On the brightside, tomorrow is the weekend ;) x

Aww thanks :)

Just finished wasn't a bad day at all. Great day to ease myself back in :)

So when are everyone taking down their decorations?

I know it's bad luck to take them down before the 6th but mine are going have to come down Sunday, I won't get time to do it Monday.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Tomorrow probably. I saw a guy bringing his tree to a recycling centre the other day and it made me sad. It looked like an amazing tree too, it definitely had a few days left in it.

Tomorrow probably. I saw a guy bringing his tree to a recycling centre the other day and it made me sad. It looked like an amazing tree too, it definitely had a few days left in it.

Nothing worse than people who take their decorations down almost right after the 25th, Christmas isn't over yet!

Monday, but might string it out until Tuesday when school reopens. It'll lessen the trauma if I don't have helpers with tears in their eyes. They are just about coming to terms with the Elf heading off on Christmas Eve, so I don't want to traumatize them any further.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,008 ✭✭✭gidget

Always on the 6th in my house. Had to remove them in work today, even though everyone else started removing theirs first thing I wasn't removing mine until 2 mins before clock off time. I was doing my utmost best to stretch it for as long as I could :D

• Advertisement

Happy First Weekend of 2014!!! Doing nothing wild, just off to the cinema later. Enjoy your day :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement