Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Open the selection box- Christmas Forum Chat Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

Turn that frown upside down, we're still in the xmas season it doesn't end till monday.

So today i got a turkey crown, a box of crackers, xmas pudding (goin cheap in tesco) a box of roses, have xmas music playing on the hifi.

So tommorow (sunday) goin to have a xmas dinner part deux

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

fryup wrote: »
    Turn that frown upside down, we're still in the xmas season it doesn't end till monday.

So today i got a turkey crown, a box of crackers, xmas pudding (goin cheap in tesco) a box of roses, have xmas music playing on the hifi.

So tommorow (sunday) goin to have a xmas dinner part deux

Can't wait we'll be over at 1, Posy get the keys to the boards bus ;)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,562 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

I'm refueling it as we speak!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

So the decorations are down :(

It hurt more than I had thought it would, but that is a testimony to what a great Christmas it was.

I'm keeping a new tradition going of keeping a sneaky few decorations up, last year it was tinsel on a photo frame and a reindeer light.

This year I'm keeping this in the kitchen;

rrrspz.jpg

And this on the tv stand;

23upeu0.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

I have a little snow globe with my nephew's photo in it (it's as tacky as it sounds) that stays up all year long and always reminds me of Christmas.

• Advertisement

I still have my Santa salt and pepper shakers out. :)
    And I have a wind chime with a little crystal Christmas tree on the end that stays up all year around too.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,274 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

A little bit in denial today guys....back at work and the reality is beginning to hit home that it's all over :( The tree is still up in work too and I haven't the heart or inclination to take it down!!

I braved taking down the decorations this morning. I've been at it since 8, don't seem to have made much of a dent. Sad faces all round here :'( It was way more fun putting them up!

leahyl wrote: »
    A little bit in denial today guys....back at work and the reality is beginning to hit home that it's all over :( The tree is still up in work too and I haven't the heart or inclination to take it down!!

Thankfully being back in work last Thursday cushioned the blow a bit for me! Taking down the decorations was tough tho and gave me a serious lump in a throat moment!

Mayo Gurl wrote: »
    I braved taking down the decorations this morning. I've been at it since 8, don't seem to have made much of a dent. Sad faces all round here :'( It was way more fun putting them up!

Mine came down very quickly and easily, althought emotionally I was gutted it was over! Although for the amount of visitors we get we prob could have gotten away with keeping our tree up all year round! hahaha!

• Registered Users Posts: 650 ✭✭✭CarrieAnne

Happy Little Christmas.... to one and all!
    No decorations down here until tomorrow i am not looking forward to it.

Heading to my Mams with my children to have a little Christmas party to celebrate in afternoon!

• Advertisement

Happy Little Christmas! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭bohsboy

Im a grown man and I don't know why but I get so sad taking down the decorations. Hate it!

Eugh, first day back to school. We were looking at houses between home and school this morning. Only two houses had trees down - ours and my parents. I feel cheated :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭carolinespring

First day back at work and just not in the zone. Think I have a tummy bug so just not feeling great.

Plan was to take down the tree and all the decorations this evening only to find when I went looking for the storage boxed last night that my dear husband had dumped them. Could have killed him so not have to go and buy those big plastic storage boxes and it will be tomorrow before I get a chance to.

At least I can light the tree in the sitting room at the back of the house this evening and curl up in front of the fire and pretend it is Christmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,516 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

First day back at work and just not in the zone. Think I have a tummy bug so just not feeling great.

Plan was to take down the tree and all the decorations this evening only to find when I went looking for the storage boxed last night that my dear husband had dumped them. Could have killed him so not have to go and buy those big plastic storage boxes and it will be tomorrow before I get a chance to.

At least I can light the tree in the sitting room at the back of the house this evening and curl up in front of the fire and pretend it is Christmas.

I know they have those storage boxes in ALDI if that helps!

Sounds like heaven, my sitting room is so dull without the tree and window lights.

I need to get a nice lamp or a mantlepiece light feature to help brighten up my sitting room. Suggestions are welcome! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,378 ✭✭✭Cherrycola

I just suggested tea lights on last years January blues thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭eskimocat

Right Boardsies, called in here for a little christmas tree undressing support!

Think I Am all set...

2 hour procrastination - check
    2 day procrastination - check
    Favourite telly show on in background - check
    Christmas Jumper on - check
    Cinnamon candle burning for christmassy smell - check

Large glass of something alcoholic- drat, Forgot!
    I knew I was missing something... now does that mean I get to drag Christmas out for another day ... lol nope, just get on with it eskimocat!

So anyone with their tree and decorations still up? Yes eskimocat I'm looking at you ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭Lester Freamon

Loughc wrote: »
    So anyone with their tree and decorations still up? Yes eskimocat I'm looking at you ;)

I walked around an estate in Galway yesterday and counted 4 houses with trees up and lights still on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

thats worse then breaking a mirror isn't it?? bad luck and all that

Just home from panto, was really good, first year we all got to go together. Hanging on by the tips of my fingers!!! Does it still count as Christmas when I have a single candy cane left and two tins of unopened (ie hidden from the smallies) sweets?

Mayo Gurl wrote: »
    Does it still count as Christmas when I have a single candy cane left and two tins of unopened (ie hidden from the smallies) sweets?

Of course it counts. Christmas is a state of mind not just a date on the calendar ;)

You are, of course, dead right! And Santa's return is less than 50 weeks now. AND I have perhaps done a little shopping already.....;) Night x

I must be having Christmas withdrawals I dreamt last night I called into my parents house and they still had their Christmas decorations up with the lights and everything still on and even their neighbors had their lights up. Haha!

The sooner I find this year round Christmas job the better haha!

I must be having Christmas withdrawals I dreamt last night I called into my parents house and they still had their Christmas decorations up with the lights and everything still on and even their neighbors had their lights up. Haha!

The sooner I find this year round Christmas job the better haha!

Best thing you can do is become an Elf. It worked out great for Buddy ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭sensormatic

i put out my xmas tree at the collection point today but ended up taking another one home as it had lots of life in it,,,maybe get 2 more weeks out of if,,,,, the wife is going to kill me

i put out my xmas tree at the collection point today but ended up taking another one home as it had lots of life in it,,,maybe get 2 more weeks out of if,,,,, the wife is going to kill me

You sir are my hero! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭eskimocat

Happy to report that the tree and decorations are all down..,......... well that's not strictly true
    Happy to report that the tree and almost all of the decorations are down... .........well that's not strictly true either
    Happy to report that two of the tress and almost all of the decorations are down..... welll.......
    OK OK I still have one led tree with decorations, one piece of tinsel, one Christmas sign (Let it Snow!), one Christmas ornament and a light up snowman still up. But still think I am out ahead. Cause the rest of the stuff actually made it to the attic, instead of lying in the boxroom for the next three months! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,008 ✭✭✭gidget

Does it still count as Christmas when I have a single candy cane left and two tins of unopened (ie hidden from the smallies) sweets?

Glad to report that we still have a box of Roses, a Tin of Quality Street & 2 boxes of Cadbury's Chocolate logs to get through yet :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement