Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Open the selection box- Christmas Forum Chat Thread

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

gidget wrote: »
    Glad to report that we still have a box of Roses, a Tin of Quality Street & 2 boxes of Cadbury's Chocolate logs to get through yet :D

I would like to buy these items from you haha!

Remember when you used be able to buy bags of Roses? They were a blue bag and the "rose" was clear. There always used to be a miniature Bournville and Dairy Milk inside. Back in the day when Roses were yummy :( I don't like them anymore and I'm a committed chocoholic....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,008 ✭✭✭gidget

I would like to buy these items from you haha

They are about the only things left that I have to hold on to from Christmas since I begrudgingly took the tree & decorations down last week! Am intending to spread my chocolate eating out until March at the very least.

Oh & Loughc if you go to Londis on Grafton Street they are still selling tins of chocolates for 5.99.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,363 ✭✭✭washiskin

Mayo Gurl wrote: »
    Remember when you used be able to buy bags of Roses? They were a blue bag and the "rose" was clear. There always used to be a miniature Bournville and Dairy Milk inside. Back in the day when Roses were yummy :( I don't like them anymore and I'm a committed chocoholic....

There's no talking to Cadbury's about the desecration of this legacy product - they're right and stiff biccies, their market research is sacrosanct. :rolleyes:
    I tried to explain that for the VAST majority a tin of Roses IS Christmas and should be treated with respect not flogged for a fiver for the sake of market share.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Happy Monday my fellow elves! Hope ye all are keeping well and had a great weekend! (They go sooooo quick! :eek:)

• Advertisement

Loughc wrote: »
    Happy Monday my fellow elves! Hope ye all are keeping well and had a great weekend! (They go sooooo quick! :eek:)

They do, they go way too quick *sob*. At least there are only 4 more mornings left until the weekend!!!! I'm on the countdown to Midterm break already. Actually, I bought all the bits and bobs over the weekend that our Elf will be bringing with him to Those That Want To Stay On The Nice List, going through them all I wish I was still small. All put in a safe place now ie with our Elf, so I won't forget where they are when November rolls around.

I'll have a nosey at the neighbours later and update!!!

I hope everyone is keeping well in this weather! i said i'd check in on my favourite forum buddies!

Crazy stormy weather in the West!

We are doing well in the 6 nations so far, it's great to have it back on the telly!

Hope ye all have yer valentines day plans well in place now!

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭banbhaaifric

Ok folks, the tree is still up....

My husband caught sight of me smiling at it a few weeks ago and said let's leave it up another week so :)

Then he went away for work and so it's still here, but he is home tonight so I guess it's going tomorrow...:(

Still, it had a good run!

Oh and got a few nice bits in heatons yesterday - they are selling loads of stuff off for 50c. Made boeuf bourgignon for the returning hubby so he'll look kindly on my purchases :D

• Registered Users Posts: 30,516 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Home alone is on film four now!

On my way to work at this ungodly hour but after all the rain there is certainly a smell of snow in the air this morning.

I hope there's a sprinkling of snow this week. Always makes things look instantly Christmas :)

• Advertisement

It was snowing like crazy on the way to school this morning! It looked fab....but it didn't stick :'(

• Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭amor3

318 days till Christmas :-)

If snow does land I want pics peeps!! lots and lots of pics!

I'm grudgingly telling you that the sun is shining away here. I feel cheated.

• Registered Users Posts: 650 ✭✭✭CarrieAnne

I had my first Christmas 2014 Celebration on Saturday (it was really the last Christmas Dinner of 2013... but got delayed till Feb).

I have to say it was delicious... turkey, ham, the works!!

Not wishing my life away, lots of happy events to work on in the meantime... but it was lovely having a brief glimpse of Christmas!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,274 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

CarrieAnne wrote: »
    I had my first Christmas 2014 Celebration on Saturday (it was really the last Christmas Dinner of 2013... but got delayed till Feb).

I have to say it was delicious... turkey, ham, the works!!

Not wishing my life away, lots of happy events to work on in the meantime... but it was lovely having a brief glimpse of Christmas!

Starving now!!

This day 10 months peeps! ;)

Scary how next week is March already!! :eek:

I may as well get the tree down!

Hey fellow elves! :D

That's it - just wanted to check in.

Ooooh! no, I forgot - Dealz in Drogheda still have Christmas goodies on display.

Just had to share my absolute glee in the only place I wouldn't get laughed at!!!:D:D:D:D

Was rooting through a wardrobe in the spare room we have lost the key for and managed to pry open and I found decs I had been missing for the past 8 Christmases!!! Freakin' sweet or what??? :D:D:D

washiskin wrote: »
    Was rooting through a wardrobe in the spare room we have lost the key for and managed to pry open and I found decs I had been missing for the past 8 Christmases!!! Freakin' sweet or what??? :D:D:D

That's brilliant! :D

You're going to have great fun sorting through them and bringing back your favourite items for this year!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,562 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

I swear I had to read that twice before I copped that you haven't had a mysterious locked spare room that nobody could get into for 8 years. :o

Posy wrote: »
    I swear I had to read that twice before I copped that you haven't had a mysterious locked spare room that nobody could get into for 8 years. :o

Same, hahaha. I was thinking why wouldn't they just get a locksmith at some stage during the 8 years haha! Imagine my disappointment when I realised it was a locked wardrobe haha.

Just had to share my absolute glee in the only place I wouldn't get laughed at!!!:D:D:D:D

That is brilliant! Its like brand new stuff all over again. I think (and I'm sure that the gang here will agree with me ;) ) you should put up a little something out of the stash to celebrate!

:o:o:o:o:o:o:o Scarleh for my bad grammar but I was just so excited!!! :D

:o:o:o:o:o:o:o Scarleh for my bad grammar but I was just so excited!!! :D

It wasn't your grammar at all, it was in inability to read it right, it is slump day after all!

Delighted for you tho washiskin, if you're anything like me the idea of throwing out any of the old decorations would break my heart so to find a whole bunch of them is brilliant! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭sensormatic

cool story that is,,,well done op while i am eating the last of my selection boxes:pac:

^^^^^^^ Speaking of Selection Boxes, there's a Newsagents in Pavilions in Swords selling a load of them off cheap..... BB date is June iirc....

I have one stashed away for Easter Sunday...... :)

^^^^^^^ Speaking of Selection Boxes, there's a Newsagents in Pavilions in Swords selling a load of them off cheap..... BB date is June iirc....

I have one stashed away for Easter Sunday...... :)

Come to my house, I got - of all the stupid things - Easter CRACKERS. They'll keep the sugar-filled small peeps entertained for a minute at best, or start war at worst.

So, between us we have a selection box, a box of crackers, turkey.....Its Beginning To Look A Lot Like Christmas............

• Registered Users Posts: 1,008 ✭✭✭gidget

I still have my tin of unopened Quality Street from Christmas! Best get a move on before I start building up on this year's Christmas goodies!

• Advertisement

gidget wrote: »
    I still have my tin of unopened Quality Street from Christmas! Best get a move on before I start building up on this year's Christmas goodies!

Mmmmm quality street!!!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement