Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Open the selection box- Christmas Forum Chat Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,363 ✭✭✭washiskin

Ok, fellow elves, just because it's nearly Christmas (:D) I thought I'd post this. Forgive the dodgy camera work, it's my YT debut.

• Registered Users Posts: 650 ✭✭✭CarrieAnne

Your lost "but now found" decoration is fab... leave it up for a few weeks to make up for the 8 years absense ! ? !

We are just finishing of the last selection boxes in this house... before the Easter Eggs start!

(AND we had a local "7k walk 10K run" two weeks ago and I gave up two tins of unopened sweets.... that is a lot of sweets still around since Christmas... I must not spoil my children as much as my H says i do!)

Leave it up now for a month for each year its been missing. That'll take you to November. Then it'd be rude to take it down...we'd have to disown you ;)

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

washiskin wrote: »
    Ok, fellow elves, just because it's nearly Christmas (:D) I thought I'd post this. Forgive the dodgy camera work, it's my YT debut.

We want more! We want more!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,556 ✭✭✭groucho marx

I love this thread!!
    Cannot wait to get christmas shopping again. For me september marks the start of christmas.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭sensormatic

hey gang if anybody wants to head to town for xmas drinks at the weekend let me know?

Just to round off the week, fellow elves. Only 40 weeks to Christmas Week! :D

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,562 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

40 weeks?!

Oh my God, I have to make a list!! :D

Tonight 9 months! Just sayin' :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭eskimocat

Caught the last 2 minutes of Home Alone on Channel 4 this evening... LOL Ah yes, I love getting a blast of Christmas flavoured movies outside the traditional months.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,274 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

eskimocat wrote: »
    Caught the last 2 minutes of Home Alone on Channel 4 this evening... LOL Ah yes, I love getting a blast of Christmas flavoured movies outside the traditional months.

:eek: They're still showing it in March?!

I got a sudden urge to listen to Christmas music over the last few days for some reason, no idea why! I think Christmas music just gives me a warm, cosy feeling and with the crappy weather we've been having, it's comforting;)

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭applesock

A friend of mine was in waterford , and walked into a pub with the christmas decorations still up and christmas songs playing :D apparently new owners just bought the pub loves christmas so keeping them up till may :D id love it. Singing all christmas songs even during the day :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,737 ✭✭✭Glitzgirl

Hello all!

Was browsing through google found a link to this thread and registered just so I could chat with other Christmas crazies! Glad to see I am not alone (my neighbor and OH think I'm losing it - I think that I'm just festive 365 days a year!)

Trinket-Sprig_o'_holly.png Welcome! :):)

Thanks Posy !

I love the little animations ! Apologize in advance haven't got the hang of posting etc yet but ill get it! How can I get those lil smiley guys on my post ??

When you 'go advanced' to reply, the smileys should be on the right hand side. :)

Thanks Posy! Had to log onto computer couldn't find it on my phone app :D

No, for your phone you just have to know the code, like [noparse]:) :( :pac: :o :mad: :cool: [/noparse]and so on.

[noparse]:D[/noparse] will show up as :D for example.

:D ill have to get practicing so! Expect some random looking symbol filled posts here for a while! :D:D
    Do I need to start a new thread or can I post general Christmas questions/comments on this thread ie a general Christmas discussion?

You can post away here! This is essentially the general discussion thread. We love adding new Christmas nuts to our collection! :pac:

If it's something more specific, feel free to start a new thread.

• Advertisement

:cool: because I have been dying to know if anybody has a neighbor trying to upstage them at Christmas time! I recently moved into my new house and I swear she asked did I deco my garden as she goes away every year and wasn't big into deco for holidays and I'm certifiably Christmas crazy so naturally a few deco go up :D and I swear after I put mine up I seen her sneak in shopping bags (from the shop I mentioned ) then did her display that evening/night! So does anybody else have a Christmas copy cat :)

Glitzgirl wrote: »
    :cool: because I have been dying to know if anybody has a neighbor trying to upstage them at Christmas time! I recently moved into my new house and I swear she asked did I deco my garden as she goes away every year and wasn't big into deco for holidays and I'm certifiably Christmas crazy so naturally a few deco go up :D and I swear after I put mine up I seen her sneak in shopping bags (from the shop I mentioned ) then did her display that evening/night! So does anybody else have a Christmas copy cat :)

Not so much a copy cat but I was the first on my road to put up any outdoor lights and now they nearly all do it. :cool:

washiskin wrote: »
    Not so much a copy cat but I was the first on my road to put up any outdoor lights and now they nearly all do it. :cool:

They were clearly just well impressed with your lights and had to follow suit! I swear mine waits to see what I do then rearranges her display :D

Was looking around the shops today (may have picked up a few more pressies * cough cough* :) ) and was wondering if any of the other parents on this forum who pick up presents through the year for the LOs , if you set a budget or just pick them up as you go along? I wouldn't keep track of the amount I spend I pick up a few small bits when I see them and budget for larger items, and we all get a stress free nice Christmas ! But a lot of parents I spoke to seem to set a budget per child? So mammies/daddies/ early preppers, do you budget or buy little and often!

The cat knows everything.......

Love it! Such an evil looking cat i can just imagine him getting his claws into my wrapping paper supply lol! :O no cats here but 3 very curious dogs thank god for locks and keys! :D

That post gave me a laugh, we have neighbours like that aswell so delighted to hear it doesn't just go on here :D
    Is it santy time yet?? ;)

Sounds like your neighbor and mine would get on a treat ! Oh god not nearly close enough!! I feel like I didn't get to celebrate at all last year (baby born by c section early dec and was on bedrest most of preg) so left my OH to deco the house. His favorite Christmas film is the grinch (personally I think it's because he can relate to him :D ) so needless to say was not my usual organised festive self last year and the neighbor stole my thunder! So help me not this year haha ! I heard someone say they bought Christmas loo roll last year - lets just say I'm keeping my eyes open! :D

Sounds like your neighbor and mine would get on a treat ! Oh god not nearly close enough!! I feel like I didn't get to celebrate at all last year (baby born by c section early dec and was on bedrest most of preg) so left my OH to deco the house. His favorite Christmas film is the grinch (personally I think it's because he can relate to him :D ) so needless to say was not my usual organised festive self last year and the neighbor stole my thunder! So help me not this year haha ! I heard someone say they bought Christmas loo roll last year - lets just say I'm keeping my eyes open! :D

ha same here, had a baby end of october and really didnt get to spend the full 16 weeks counting it down like a big weirdo ;) so didnt decorate much, the neighbours place put us to shame also they were really smug about it so this year Im going for a full on tack fest.

• Advertisement

I heard someone say they bought Christmas loo roll last year - lets just say I'm keeping my eyes open! :D

I buy Christmas loo roll every year. M&S usually have the best quality but the Aldi one is ok too.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement