Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Open the selection box- Christmas Forum Chat Thread

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

washiskin wrote: »
    I buy Christmas loo roll every year. M&S usually have the best quality but the Aldi one is ok too.

I picked some up in Tesco surprisly really good quality too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,737 ✭✭✭Glitzgirl

ha same here, had a baby end of october and really didnt get to spend the full 16 weeks counting it down like a big weirdo ;) so didnt decorate much, the neighbours place put us to shame also they were really smug about it so this year Im going for a full on tack fest.

Ha I love it! Your not a weirdo just festive (that's what I tell my OH but I think he starting to see through it by now ) :D just to show the neighbor I mean business this year I got a load of Easter deco and put them up few days ago (then caught her out looking at them :D ) let the war begin!!

Loughc wrote: »
    I picked some up in Tesco surprisly really good quality too.

Really? That's great saves me trekking around the shops ! Do you know when tesco started stocking it in roughly ? Thanks guys x

I buy Christmas loo roll every year. M&S usually have the best quality but the Aldi one is ok too.

It's sad how excited I was when I read this ! Gonna get me some festive loo roll this year! :D ooh so excited already ! Feels like christmas will never get here!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Glitzgirl wrote: »
    Really? That's great saves me trekking around the shops ! Do you know when tesco started stocking it in roughly ? Thanks guys x

End of October / Early November. Check out the Seasonal aisle for it.

• Advertisement

Thanks loughc! I love when you start to see Christmas stuff in the shops ! Gets me so excited ! :D

Thanks loughc! I love when you start to see Christmas stuff in the shops ! Gets me so excited ! :D

Me too! I love from October on the build up is unreal! :)

Need to book and sort out my summer holiday soon and then once that is over it'll be time to focus on Christmas! Yay!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,363 ✭✭✭washiskin

Just in case any of you fellow elves miss the signs*, here's a few pointers:

(* as IF!!!! :D)

This was probably my favourite on Christmas FM last year. :)

Loughc wrote: »
    Me too! I love from October on the build up is unreal! :)

Need to book and sort out my summer holiday soon and then once that is over it'll be time to focus on Christmas! Yay!

I know !! I love it and every year it gets a little earlier so excited :D !
    I nearly feel like I'm cheating with Halloween because even though I love it I still can't help but look at Christmas deco and planning for Christmas when I'm out shopping for Halloween! Hope your going somewhere warm and sunny loughc! Mine was a washout it rained over there and sunny here so typical :O I use Easter as my mid point ! Keeps my spirits up til Halloween :D

Really excited about this year because it will be first year I can celebrate properly in new house which is bigger than last house so obviously I have to buy more deco as its a larger space ! :D thats my argument and I'm sticking to it anyway ! Plus got load lovely bits on sale this year so can't wait to use them ! And I found my "missing " Christmas cd - suspect OH hid it as I have been known to play it through the year as the mood hits me :O

• Advertisement

Really excited about this year because it will be first year I can celebrate properly in new house which is bigger than last house so obviously I have to buy more deco as its a larger space ! :D thats my argument and I'm sticking to it anyway ! Plus got load lovely bits on sale this year so can't wait to use them ! And I found my "missing " Christmas cd - suspect OH hid it as I have been known to play it through the year as the mood hits me :O

What would you be waiting for????? We won't judge you here :D I think you should have a trial run! Think of it as a little reward for yourself for finding your cd.

Mayo Gurl wrote: »
    What would you be waiting for????? We won't judge you here :D I think you should have a trial run! Think of it as a little reward for yourself for finding your cd.

A safe space - I love it! I still have a few bits here and there my Santa salt and pepper shakers may still be on my table :D my son gave me away the other day I had been playing the cd in the car for the school run etc and he came in singing jingle bells so the game was up my OH found out haha ! I denied everything I still can't wait to see his face when he sees Christmas loo roll in the bathroom hahaha :D

I also got few bits today a few pieces I had seen just before Christmas last year and wanted and never for around to getting with new baby so seen them all on sale today! Happy days :D hoping to have a lovely new dining set for this Christmas got my nice wine glasses today so will be giving them a trial run with tomorrow's dinner - purely to make sure they suit of course :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,971 ✭✭✭SarahLil

Washiskin the picture of the cat is a classic I haven't been on so catching up on all the Christmas things love the Christmas chat here, I'll be in my new house this Christmas my first big place can't wait for the decorations to hit the shops

• Moderators Posts: 24,367 ✭✭✭✭ChewChew

I refuse to remove Christmas from my house all year round, so I have tree decorations in random places and I have mugs in the press still and my little candle holder too :D I have the ornamental plant thingy (sounds gross but it's really pretty) and in it I had 3 decorations..... But I broke it so now I have to either replace it or find somewhere for them to go coz I'll be damned if they are going into hiding :D

Bashing into the Christmas thread to wish you all a very happy Easter.....it is a festive day so I'm not too far off the mark! Enjoy everyone xx

ChewChew wrote: »
    I refuse to remove Christmas from my house all year round, so I have tree decorations in random places and I have mugs in the press still and my little candle holder too :D I have the ornamental plant thingy (sounds gross but it's really pretty) and in it I had 3 decorations..... But I broke it so now I have to either replace it or find somewhere for them to go coz I'll be damned if they are going into hiding :D

Oh that's sounds lovely! Can I come to yours ! sounds so festive already! :D I got a lovely display unit for dining room and just happened to put my good Christmas server ware in it so I can look at it while I'm eating my Sunday dinner! I prob look like a weirdo smiling to myself randomly at dinner time :D I couldn't keep my actually tree deco out all year I have a whole ritual of putting them away in nice boxes (yes I'm one of these ppl that matches and co ordinates my deco) :D and if my kids or OH broke them I think i would have a heart attack!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,556 ✭✭✭groucho marx

Watched home alone today and had a look online for stocking fillers :-D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,264 ✭✭✭✭Alicat

So.... the Gisella Graham rep is coming to see me on Thursday to do my Christmas order :D

Alicat wrote: »
    So.... the Gisella Graham rep is coming to see me on Thursday to do my Christmas order :D

You are worse to tell us that!!!! Don't you know we WILL hunt you down and be there to "help" you on Thursday :D

• Advertisement

You are worse to tell us that!!!! Don't you know we WILL hunt you down and be there to "help" you on Thursday :D

Whatnow???? *clears diary* Count me in, elves! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭carolinespring

Planned to post a picture but can't get it to upload. We had a Easter tree and also made one for my friends Mum who was having a party. She LOVED it and so did all the guests. Lovely branches laden with sweets, little treats and paper eggs. So pretty and so festive.Went down so well that anytime we have a special event we are going to have a party tree. So pretty and festive.

I did make a festive tree for our wedding over 10 years ago but it was around Christmas time. I love trees...

Haha! You'll have to find me first! :pac:

Watched home alone today and had a look online for stocking fillers :-D

I watched the Santa Claus with my 6 year old but he got so excited I had to remind him it's not Christmas just yet ! Heartbreaking .... Love shopping early for Christmas my little pile is growing steadily in my spare room :)

Not jealous at all :D

+1 :)

Haha! You'll have to find me first! :pac:

You won't be too hard to track down, I doubt there are too many people in Dublin wearing pointy shoes with a bell on the toes at this time of year ;)

Alicat, pleeeeeease give us a little heads-up on what to expect :D I really can't wait until August for the Christmas Shop in BTs.....

You won't be too hard to track down, I doubt there are too many people in Dublin wearing pointy shoes with a bell on the toes at this time of year ;)

If only they'd let me! :(

• Advertisement

Alicat, pleeeeeease give us a little heads-up on what to expect :D I really can't wait until August for the Christmas Shop in BTs.....

Soooo much stuff! Not all of it makes to it places like BT and Arnotts, some of the stuff is very quirky and a bit risky to stock. Quite a few bits very similar to last year, so you might see a lot of repeat stuff, but it depends on the buyer for each place! We're a small enough pharmacy, so I've to choose carefully. Order will be in mid-September, I can't wait! :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement