Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Open the selection box- Christmas Forum Chat Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 jackstapleton

<Mod snip>

I suggest you read the forum charter jackstapleton

I did actually read the forum. I was not renouncing Christmas. I merely suggested that readers of this forum don't wish the year away!

can you please indicate wheere I breached the charter? If not, can you please un-snip my post?

Thanks
    Jack

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

You were telling other posters not to be spending any other month apart from December for Christmas. If you're not a Christmassy person, this forum is not for you, and we don't need telling what to do for the rest of the year.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,593 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Jack, as stated in the charter please do not argue with a moderator in a thread after they have given a warning/ban etc. If you have an issue with a moderator's action then PM the mod in question. They will discuss it with you. You can then, if unsatisfied with the PM route, PM one of the category moderators.

AS Star Pants has just said, if you're not a Christmassy person, this forum is not for you.
    Please don't post here again unless you wish to abide by the charter.

Ok. But I don't see anything in the letter of charter that I have contravened - but perhaps it is the spirit of the charter. Either way, you should update the charter.

But is it not possible to offer a counter-point to the posts. I can understand folks planning for Christmas in November and December, but why June?

THis is not an attack, juts a question. Help me understand.

• Advertisement

Please do not post here again or you will be banned from the forum.
    Thank you

You've already been told not to argue on thread - so this will be my last post on this matter.

The Christmas Forum is for those that love Christmas irrespective of the month or time of year. This forum is for those that love all things Christmassy, and enjoy planning / discussing / talking about Christmas whether it's December or June. We have this forum for that reason. We don't appreciate people who aren't like minded coming in trying to get us to explain ourselves when this is the one place we don't have to.

This forum clearly is not for you (unless it's December) so I suggest you either 'get into the spirit' or locate another forum that suits your interests better.

Please do not reply further on thread, as we have already dragged this thread off topic enough (and that is a site wide rule not just a Christmas one)

(I had posted before Posy's reply had gone up)

My husband drove me about EIGHT times this weekend by a sign for the M50 Christmas shop. It nearly ended in divorce when he wouldn't actually drive in. Tell me, oh like-minded ones, is it a year round....experience ;) He is sitting her all smug trying to convince me that its a sign that wasn't taken down. Prove him wrong!

Mayo Gurl -- where is the M50 Christmas Shop? (I've never actually been... :o )

• Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭mashedbanana

LOL MG, sounds like he was tormenting you!

• Advertisement

star-pants wrote: »
    Mayo Gurl -- where is the M50 Christmas Shop? (I've never actually been... :o )

Actually, despite potential for a ban, I think it is on Ashbourne Road off Exit 5

On the Ashbourne Road, star-pants, junction 5 on the M50, brings you to the N2 heading for Ashbourne & Derry. Now this could possibly be a joke, but the signpost says Coldwinters. DH is a Dub, but reckons he never heard of it until now....the big liar! I mean, I even have the directions, how could he be so mean!!

Hes sitting here, drinking his cold Bud and laughing. That the fridge may break and warm his beer. I tell you all now, its a lump of coal that man will be getting >:(

You can show him this then!
    http://www.beechvista.com/en-18

"May 2013
    Summer Opening Hours" :)

Coldwinters is the cul de sac it seems.

Now hes laughing even more. I have a 4ft Santa, but I really need one of the "up to 6 foot" ones. Mine is only an elf looking at that. I'm not technical, as ye can see from my photo effort earlier. I want to insert a photo. I clicked on insert and it wants me to give the URL? How do I do that?

If it's a picture from your computer, you'll need to upload it onto a site like imgur and then enter the link by clicking the yellow 'picture' icon.

It should look like picture

Have you got the photo saved online somewhere or is it on your computer?

If it's on your computer - you'll need to click 'go advanced' and then below the text box (below preview post/submit reply) there'll be an option to Attach Files - click 'manage attachments' and a pop up box should appear for you to browse your computer & select a file to upload. Once you've done that, you can click submit reply and it will be attached to your post.

If you have it saved online somewhere, you can usually right click the photo and 'copy image url' and then past that into the box when you click the image button in the reply box.

http://i.imgur.com/v6s1TOT.jpg

Hopefully it'll work this time. This is the Elf we adopted when we were in Orlando last Halloween. My children are hugely imaginative and gave him the name Buddy. About 22% of adopted Elves get this name. Our guy is smooth. He is chatting up Rapunzel. As you can see by her hands shes all "Aw, get outta here!" and Mother Gothel is giving him evils! Sadly, Buddy's effort was fruitless, Rapunzel married Flynn ♥

Thanks for the help, if it doesn't work, can one of you delete :)

He's hilarious! Love it!! :)

Yay, Posy! Isn't he the cutest little thing! He came in a gift box with a storybook and its just such a lovely story. He appeared one morning in a school bag, in the fridge, he has been all around Sylvania, he even tried to drive a classic car. He rocks!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,834 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

A Christmas page I liked on Facebook put up a picture this morning 6 months to Christmas Eve!! EEEEK!!! :D

Can't wait! The countdown to the build up will begin after the summer! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,287 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Was with my mum in Dunnes the other day and she picked up 5 boxes of pringles for 1e each - She said, and I quote, "they'll be grand for Christmas" :eek::D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,363 ✭✭✭washiskin

Dear Mr. Mayo Gurl,

Santa has been in touch with Christmas Central here on Boards and he wants to know if you prefer, regular or doubles or would slack be more of what you had in mind for Christmas?

Sincerely,
    Wash.

;););)

Ha ha, Wash!! Mark my words, I'll have a picture up by Christmas of the lump of coal. He won't be as smart next time!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,008 ✭✭✭gidget

Half way there folks! Only 6 months to christmas day :)

Santa will be back home in the North Pole by now sickened by the feeds of cookies and CocaCola!!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,287 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Guess what I'm listening to at 12am on Thursday 27th June??!! A podcast of Liveline Christmas Eve special from last year!! :-D I want Christmas NOW!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭sunbeam

Christmas episode of Castle on RTE1 now. :)

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,834 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

leahyl wrote: »
    Guess what I'm listening to at 12am on Thursday 27th June??!! A podcast of Liveline Christmas Eve special from last year!! :-D I want Christmas NOW!

Joe Dolan on grafton street it just doesn't get anymore Christmassy than that! :-D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭Emcm

I am so glad to have found this forum I am a Christmas nut I love it !!!!! My favourite thing in the world is shopping for Christmas decorations all year round My husband thinks I am a bit mad. I actually just bought some really cute things online this morning Is it too early ????? Will you judge me - looking forward to following this thread now

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement