Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Open the selection box- Christmas Forum Chat Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭WittyNameForMe

Definitely like a winters night out there tonight. Totally pyjamas, fire lighting, Yankee candles and wine type of night.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,556 ✭✭✭groucho marx

Its beginning to feel a lot like christmas:-D

Definitely like a winters night out there tonight. Totally pyjamas, fire lighting, Yankee candles and wine type of night.

Exactly what we are at :) enjoy your night...

Mayo Gurl wrote: »
    Exactly what we are at :) enjoy your night...

Thanks a mill, I will do. You too...

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Pjs on.,Candles lit while watching a harry potter movie. All we were missing was a tree! :-)

• Advertisement

Loughc wrote: »
    Pjs on.,Candles lit while watching a harry potter movie. All we were missing was a tree! :-)

:-) Haha I know what you mean, I definitely felt like I was missing some sparkle, despite the candles.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,363 ✭✭✭washiskin

Glitzgirl wrote: »
    Oh can I ask what you were knitting ? :)

A couple of baubles & attempting this tea cosy.....

mBnklAHioal8QjWlJwhwnzA.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭elsy

I'm so excited just booked Disneyland Paris for the 4th of December Christmas season will be in full swing every year I see the ad I say I'd love to go there all the Christmas lights look magical. I'm not going to tell my 2 lil girls until the day we are going

We went to Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party last year in Magic Kingdom. Best Santa ever!!! It was very festive even in the heat, we got hot chocolate and apple pies. They had Cinnamon smells drifting round everywhere. Disney and Christmas together...two best things ever ♥

• Registered Users Posts: 1,737 ✭✭✭Glitzgirl

washiskin wrote: »
    A couple of baubles & attempting this tea cosy.....

mBnklAHioal8QjWlJwhwnzA.jpg

That looks lovely washiskin! Best of luck with it x !

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Working on a bank holiday hould be illegal :(

....and so should children waking the whole house around 6AM on a Bank holiday :( hope the day flies for you x

• Registered Users Posts: 2,363 ✭✭✭washiskin

Attention Crafty Elves - and by that I mean Elves into Crafts, not the shopping-nearly-done Crafty Elves (I'm looking at you Mayo Gurl) I was in our local Art & Hobby and they have a small selection of Christmas stuff in! :eek: Decoupage, Cards, Stamp Tools, Ribbons & little glittery, sequiny bits.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,517 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Trip to London anyone??
    The store’s Christmas home and decorations buyer, Geraldine James, said: “Despite the summer weather, we’re in full festive mode here at Selfridges. We’ve been working on this year’s Christmas Shop since Christmas last year.

Or as I'd call it my dream job, hahaha!!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,264 ✭✭✭✭Alicat

Have to say if I lived in London, I wouldn't go in yet. From September onwards I allow myself to plan and shop, August is a bit early for me! Maybe it's because I've already seen Christmas showrooms through work in May, so I've had my early fix.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,436 ✭✭✭c_man

Ok so we've about a month or so before we need to move, and my housemate is away on hols at the mo (just the two of us). I decided on a Big Clean today and of course found our stash of Xmas decorations, ah I wonder where they'll be hanging next? :)

A Christmas order arrived today!! :eek: Technically it was only a small thing (not Christmas-themed) but still, it was ordered as part of the Christmas gift and I got a little shiver :D All my colleagues rolled their eyes at me and said, "FFS!" :p

Was in he@tons other day talking to a lady who was working and she was complaining that they are getting their christmas stock in mid -late sept because of how busy they were last year! Personally I can't wait :) they had adorable kids breakfast sets in a box last year and completely sold out by 1st week of December! So disappointed !

Alicat wrote: »
    A Christmas order arrived today!! :eek: Technically it was only a small thing (not Christmas-themed) but still, it was ordered as part of the Christmas gift and I got a little shiver :D All my colleagues rolled their eyes at me and said, "FFS!" :p

I have several things that are being held until December for collection in various shops and when I initially inquired about the items some of the staff did look shocked ( one lady even did the whole "for CHRISTMAS !?" Line ;) ) granted I was asking about stuff a few months ago but still! Was shocked at some of the reactions I got ! More and more people in my opinion are picking up and putting stuff aside earlier so dont know why the lady I dealt wit was so surprised! Maybe she had been away on hols or something previously ;):D

• Advertisement

It's for those very reasons that the items in question went straight onto the shop floor! Particularly with kids' stuff, the parents are buying earlier and earlier.

Alicat wrote: »
    It's for those very reasons that the items in question went straight onto the shop floor! Particularly with kids' stuff, the parents are buying earlier and earlier.

100% agree! I don't agree with anyone spending what they don't have just because of pressure (easier said than done when you have kids I know ) so I say go for it! Start shopping the sooner the better if it helps :)

On a side note was talking to a friend the other day who admitted to us he still uses his credit card to pay for christmas and spends the following year to pay off that christmas' cost! A vicious cycle to be stuck in , so I think it's great people do realise the benefits of shopping early. Well stated alicat by the way!

A big thanks to mayo gurl! Found just what I was looking for and being delivered too from Disney site! Delighted with myself :D thanks Hun x

It's awful isn't it! :( hope it flew past for u! This is my first year as a stay at home mom. Previously I worked shift work. I remember going into work Christmas Eve night til 10pm ish and having to go back in Christmas Day for a few hours was awful :(

Delighted you got sorted Glitzgirl. Re children's dishes, I got cute festive Disney Princess & Cars boxed sets in W00dies for about €10 each. They had them in when they started their sale. The set has a bowl, plate, eggcup and mug. Its not crappy wishy-washy Disney like you sometimes find. Actually, I got Mr Mayo Gurl to carry back two dining sets from the US one year. The dirty mouth on him every time he sees them in their "special" cupboard. I may consider not letting him use them. :rolleyes:

Delighted you got sorted Glitzgirl. Re children's dishes, I got cute festive Disney Princess & Cars boxed sets in W00dies for about €10 each. They had them in when they started their sale. The set has a bowl, plate, eggcup and mug. Its not crappy wishy-washy Disney like you sometimes find. Actually, I got Mr Mayo Gurl to carry back two dining sets from the US one year. The dirty mouth on him every time he sees them in their "special" cupboard. I may consider not letting him use them. :rolleyes:

I find in situations like that its best to make his use them he may enjoy not using them more ;) I got a Disney cars set few years ago the one I was looking for in he@tons were christmas themed lovely set plate bowl egg cup and think a mug ! Hoping they come back in again :)

Well when December 1 arrives he'll be sick of looking at them. The small peeps use the Disney sets for their breakfast from then and all other meals we use the "proper" Christmas sets. I love the dinnerware, it was well worth is effort of hauling it all home. (I didn't even break a sweat :D:D )We had to get 2 sets as our table seats eight. I got fab handpainted snowman wineglasses(buckets!) on another trip. He doesn't give out about them when they're filled with wine, oddly enough :)

it was well worth is effort of hauling it all home. (I didn't even break a sweat :D:D )We had to get 2 sets as our table seats eight. I got fab handpainted snowman wineglasses(buckets!) on another trip. He doesn't give out about them when they're filled with wine, oddly enough :)

;) haha in stitches reading that! Not breaking a sweat! <3 it! :D

Sounds lovely! I have been losing sleep over dinnerware this year! Last year I got fab gold rimmed glassware just for Christmas Day / Stephens day. So have ordered a matching white porcelain gold rimmed dinnerware set. (Initially I wanted square but the charger plates are all round :( ). So I decided the other day I was going to tell Mr Glitzgirl that we need to get another set to use from November -Christmas day, something christmassy (for the kids of Course ;) ) His response was "we can no longer fund your christmas habit ... You have problems " lol!

I'm pestering my local Chamber of Commerce already about their cr@ppy Christmas lights they've had the past few years. I'm sure they'll love me :P ("Who is this crazy one emailing us about Christmas lights in August?!")

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭Tindie

I am watching a Xmas movie on Sony Channel tom and Thomas 2002

Never heard of it before

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement