Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Open the selection box- Christmas Forum Chat Thread

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Tindie wrote: »
    I am watching a Xmas movie on Sony Channel tom and Thomas 2002

Never heard of it before

Is it any good? Never heard of it either!?

There's a Seth Rogen & Joseph Gordon-Levitt comedy in the works that's based around Christmas Eve hope it turns out good!!

Woohoo 3,000 post! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭Tindie

It was decent movie, but it had some dark moments in the movie, which makes feel less of a Xmas movie

• Registered Users Posts: 1,737 ✭✭✭Glitzgirl

Sent off my invites for christmas dinner today! So excited ! (And hungry now ... :( )

Glitzgirl wrote: »
    Sent off my invites for christmas dinner today! So excited ! (And hungry now ... :( )

You did not!!!! Just to let you know the postman brings all the mail that goes to my parents house here now, so it doesn't matter which address you used *evil laugh* :D:D:D

Mayo Gurl wrote: »
    You did not!!!! Just to let you know the postman brings all the mail that goes to my parents house here now, so it doesn't matter which address you used *evil laugh* :D:D:D

Lol! I told you - you just need to make sure you bring your christmas tree ... Can never have too many ;) yup! Got in nice and early going to be a bit chaotic this year, and I want to get them out early!

I'm determined to put my neighbour back in her place this year (which is behind me when it comes to christmas obviously :D ) so organising Halloween party for my lads cousins /kids in estate and a small christmas party for the neighbours a week or so before christmas (and my youngest 1st birthday is the first week of December ! ) I'm exhausted just typing it ;) so busy busy busy !! :)

• Advertisement

Stop stealing your mammys mail! ;) if your after the extra christmas cards for your mantle piece .... Brill idea! ! :D

Glitzgirl wrote: »
    Stop stealing your mammys mail! ;) if your after the extra christmas cards for your mantle piece .... Brill idea! ! :D

Lol, they an jeep their own rubbish!! Mam has a school friend, and the Christmas card will arrive from her at the start of November. That'd be fine but they live within 10 Kms of each other and meet regularly.

Lol, they an jeep their own rubbish!! Mam has a school friend, and the Christmas card will arrive from her at the start of November. That'd be fine but they live within 10 Kms of each other and meet regularly.

:D love it! Sounds very organised altogether ! although as organised as I am I refuse to post a christmas card (unless its going abroad ) until the first Saturday of December ... Odd I know ! I just love getting christmas cards in the post in December ! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Dolbert

I fully intend to get into the Christmas spirit well and truly early this year! Last year was the worst ever, my lovely nana passed away in the wee hours of the 27th and both myself and husband had a horrible flu that lasted a whole 3 weeks. This year we'll have our tree up good and early, a cupboard full of Christmas supplies and hopefully a little baby in our arms :)

Dolbert wrote: »
    I fully intend to get into the Christmas spirit well and truly early this year! Last year was the worst ever, my lovely nana passed away in the wee hours of the 27th and both myself and husband had a horrible flu that lasted a whole 3 weeks. This year we'll have our tree up good and early, a cupboard full of Christmas supplies and hopefully a little baby in our arms :)

Hi dolbert I'm sorry to hear about your nana and difficulties last year, and hope all goes well this year for you with baby! Wishing you best of luck and lots of festive cheer this year! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭applesock

i bought my first christmas present this weekend, i also watched TLC extreme christmas trees on netflix :D

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,562 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

I have one present bought too. \o/
    Need to start making my lists soon- although I think I may put off my major present shopping until mid September- because I have an exam I want to get out of the way first!!

I love the way this forum is getting noticeably busier since autumn has arrived. :):)

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

I was just thinking that myself Posy, it's kicking off much earlier in here this year!

Hurray for Christmas :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,556 ✭✭✭groucho marx

Were walking in the air :-D

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

I just tried a little experiment and sang a bit of Walking In The Air. My husband didn't even react. I think he's a bit too used to me singing Christmas songs months before Christmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,274 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Currently watching Home Alone :-D 11.40pm on a work night....!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭Blingy

leahyl wrote: »
    Currently watching Home Alone :-D 11.40pm on a work night....!

Love home alone. It's a true Xmas movie!!

There was a chill in the air this morning, felt like an October morning. Roll on Winter, really hope we get snow this year. I'm off to the Weather forum to stare at some long term Forecast graphs and try to understand if it means snow or not hahaha.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,556 ✭✭✭groucho marx

I lit the fire today,had a half day,watched the christmas father ted. also I lit my christmas _eve scent yankee candle,i need help;-)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,562 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

And you'll get plenty of help here... if by 'help' you mean encouragement. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭WittyNameForMe

Loughc wrote: »
    There was a chill in the air this morning, felt like an October morning. Roll on Winter, really hope we get snow this year. I'm off to the Weather forum to stare at some long term Forecast graphs and try to understand if it means snow or not hahaha.

The weather definitely felt Autumnal (if that is even a word) today :-). Saw the first ‘Snow’ thread in the weather forum today too, have to say I loved seeing a new snow thread open. Even though it was way to early to have any idea of what the weather will be like. It was nice to see a snow thread pop up, roll on the snow watch 2014.

I lit the fire today,had a half day,watched the christmas father ted. also I lit my christmas _eve scent yankee candle,i need help;-)

Sounds perfect, I am obsessed with Yankee Candles. Especially the Christmas/Winter themed ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,363 ✭✭✭washiskin

Was collecting my Mam from respite yesterday & she reckons there's going to be a hard winter because the trees are full of Haws.....

washiskin wrote: »
    Was collecting my Mam from respite yesterday & she reckons there's going to be a hard winter because the trees are full of Haws.....

Fingers crossed!!! :-D

I think I was the only person who loved the whole snowaggedon of 2010 haha.

Loughc wrote: »
    Fingers crossed!!! :-D

I think I was the only person who loved the whole snowaggedon of 2010 haha.

:confused::D

leahyl wrote: »
    :confused::D

Present company excluded. I meant my non boards friends all were going mad the winter we had the heavy snow! Driving and walking in General was a nightmare but I loved it haha!

• Registered Users Posts: 30,517 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Just saw that RTE launched there Autumn/Winter schedule another step for me getting closer to Christmas!

Just saw that RTE launched there Autumn/Winter schedule another step for me getting closer to Christmas!

Was going to post this too - you beat me to it! ;)

Its dark. I'm cold. Ohhhhhhh yah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Advertisement

washiskin wrote: »

I for one hope she is right :-) It was a very disappointing year last year for snow lovers like myself.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement