Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Open the selection box- Christmas Forum Chat Thread

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

The X Factor will return on Saturday, August 30, ITV has confirmed.

We all know what this means......... :-)

The countdown to Christmas BEGINS! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

I woke up yesterday to a text from my husband telling me how many Fridays are left until Christmas. He may not realise it yet, but I think he's coming around to my way of thinking!

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭WittyNameForMe

Loughc wrote: »
    The countdown to Christmas BEGINS! :D

Exactly !

Loughc - let me start planning your itenary for your next trip to the Sunshine State - http://www.marges.com/

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Mayo Gurl wrote: »
    Loughc - let me start planning your itenary for your next trip to the Sunshine State - http://www.marges.com/

Oh my god!!! I have to go back!!

• Advertisement

Oh my god!!! I have to go back!!

Don't bother. I'll have it cleared before you get there :D

Don't bother. I'll have it cleared before you get there :D

And then I will buy from you and hence the circle of retail life is complete haha!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭Love2love

Definite increase in toy related advertising on the Telly :)

Love2love wrote: »
    Definite increase in toy related advertising on the Telly :)

Eagerly waiting for the back to school stuff to clear out of the shops so the Christmas stock can come in :)

Eagerly waiting for the back to school stuff to clear out of the shops so the Christmas stock can come in :)

A lot of kids are back to school at some stage next week. Along with this weekend being the last bank holiday of the summer in England. The larger chains usually see this as officially the end of summer and they start to slowly start introducing their Christmas lines. I expect to see the tins of sweets hitting the shelves within the next couple of weeks :-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,378 ✭✭✭Cherrycola

After a quick search through my FB photos I can confirm that in 2012 tesco had their Christmas cards and wrapping paper up on the shelves on Sept 18th!

265681d1398449745t-what-whaa-positive-blackberry-mr-burns-excellent-1.jpg

I was very tempted to stick on a Christmas movie this afternoon! I'm conscious of the fact that when this baby I'm cooking arrives in 2 wks I'll get to see nothing until November, if I'm lucky!!

• Registered Users Posts: 30,517 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Every day on Facebook I find I'm seeing something about Christmas being mentioned, even a local little restaurant advertised there party nights during the week and normally they wouldn't advertise until late October.

Just read Richard Attenborough star of miracle on 34th Street has passed away :( I'm devastated..... One of my all time favourite Xmas movies!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,230 ✭✭✭Merkin

My little boy is going to be five months old on Christmas Eve (a month old today!:)) I cannot WAIT to be Santy!!!

Just looking through old photos on my phone and I found a photo of a Marks & Spencer’s Christmas wrapping display from last year. It was dated the 5th September. That’s literally days away :-)

4 months to Christmas :)

Looking back on this thread, they had the tins of sweets in shops by this time last year..... Feeling cheated so I am :pac:

Love2love wrote: »
    4 months to Christmas Eve :)

Looking back on this thread, they had the tins of sweets in shops by this time last year..... Feeling cheated so I am :pac:

I know! I literally feel like going over to Tesco and standing by the staff members going, "Come on do something Christmassy"

I use Disney boards and they were complaining last week that their local Tesco had tins of Christmas sweets in (UK). A good dollop of pixie dust is called for on some of them :(

• Advertisement

I use Disney boards and they were complaining last week that their local Tesco had tins of Christmas sweets in (UK). A good dollop of pixie dust is called for on some of them :(

You have other internet friends other than us? :eek:

Maybe the UK stores can send their Christmas stock our way! haha!

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭Hufflepuff

Dunnes had tins of sweets out on Saturday ;-)

This day 4 months everyone! :cool::D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,737 ✭✭✭Glitzgirl

I was in heatons yesterday they had their half price toy sale on and it felt so Christmassy! People were just grabbing toys off the shelf! :)

You have other internet friends other than us? :eek:

Maybe the UK stores can send their Christmas stock our way! haha!

No, they're not my friends, they are a bit manic about WDW, I'd be scared to admit that I thought Brave was utter cr@p. Here is where the fun is ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭liamo22

Hey guys, was just looking at the Creative Arts Emmys there and came across this ad by Apple, which won best commercial. I have never seen it before but I think everyone here will appreciate it :)

liamo22 wrote: »
    Hey guys, was just looking at the Creative Arts Emmys there and came across this ad by Apple, which won best commercial. I have never seen it before but I think everyone here will appreciate it :)

Good God man that ad should come with a warning! Talk about pulling at the heart strings! :o

I love it though, it's a fantastic ad! Defo going to be one of my favourites for years to come! Great find!!

Oh man, I'm gone like the Grandma, snotty and teary. Fab ad!

Good God man that ad should come with a warning! Talk about pulling at the heart strings! :o

I love it though, it's a fantastic ad! Defo going to be one of my favourites for years to come! Great find!!

omg what are you trying to do to this hormonal pregnant woman!! :eek::eek:

• Advertisement

Not sure if ye know already, but youtube has loads of full length True Movie style christmas movies on there, just search christmas movies if you need a fix.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement