Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Open the selection box- Christmas Forum Chat Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,646 ✭✭✭Milly33

Ive noticed all the adverts on tv for kids toys!! Already planning my Christmas list of pressies this year

• Registered Users Posts: 7,994 ✭✭✭DenMan

Anybody think they'll make a sequel to 'The Polar Express'? Hope so!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

DenMan wrote: »
    Anybody think they'll make a sequel to 'The Polar Express 2'? Hope so!

I don't think they will, the first one was based off a very popular book and there was never a follow up to that book, so if there was a sequel it would have to be an original screenplay and Hollywood isn't really interested in original screenplays these days!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,994 ✭✭✭DenMan

Loughc wrote: »
    I don't think they will, the first one was based off a very popular book and there was never a follow up to that book, so if there was a sequel it would have to be an original screenplay and Hollywood isn't really interested in original screenplays these days!

Ah that's a pity. It would be nice to re-visit that train again. Hard to believe it's 10 years old now!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

DenMan wrote: »
    Ah that's a pity. It would be nice to re-visit that train again. Hard to believe it's 10 years old now!

10 Years? WOW! It's held up really well, only re-watched it last year, great film!

• Advertisement

I've just realized, this day 3 months our little Elf will return from the North Pole. Let the mayhem begin!

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭irishbarb

So it begins!

• Registered Users Posts: 30,519 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

I noticed in my local Tesco that a lot of the normal stock that's normally kept in the store room is being put out on a very high shelf(you'd need a little ladder to reach it) they did this last year in the lead up to Chrisrmas. I also noticed that there were lots of boxes of cholates in the sweet isle that wouldn't normally be there.
    I was in a different Tesco today and they had the tin's of Roses, Quality Street, Celebrations and Heroes in. They didn't seem to be any new sweets in them this year but the roes tin was plastic and shaped differently.
    I can't wait for the Back to School stuff to be sold off and they start to pit out Christmas stuff!

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭WittyNameForMe

liamo22 wrote: »
    Hey guys, was just looking at the Creative Arts Emmys there and came across this ad by Apple, which won best commercial. I have never seen it before but I think everyone here will appreciate it :)

Think I have something in my eye :cool: :o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,737 ✭✭✭Glitzgirl

Hey guys, was just looking at the Creative Arts Emmys there and came across this ad by Apple, which won best commercial. I have never seen it before but I think everyone here will appreciate it :)

That is just adorable! Really great add! I need a tissue after watching that :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭Blingy

This is adorable. I'm such a softie!

Christmas in September!!!!! I'm not joking. Christmas in September is "coming soon" to the Food Network*

*like eating, hate cooking

Mayo Gurl wrote: »
    Christmas in September!!!!! I'm not joking. Christmas in September is "coming soon" to the Food Network*

*like eating, hate cooking

Oh I love all the Christmas specials of the cooking programmes, Nigella, Jamie the whole lot. Watching them pottering away making festive delights in their perfectly decorated, immaculate kitchens. Thinking to myself oh I could do that, or I must remember that one for this year. I never make any of it but I like the planning haha. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,008 ✭✭✭gidget

One of the colleges near me has sent out their Adult Education brochures for Sept onwards & has got a Christmas Cookery course listed to start on the 8th November for 5 weeks which I'm aiming to get my name down for!

gidget wrote: »
    One of the colleges near me has sent out their Adult Education brochures for Sept onwards & has got a Christmas Cookery course listed to start on the 8th November for 5 weeks which I'm aiming to get my name down for!

What college? I am very interested in this!

Crumlin, the registration is next week for them! they've a brochure of it up on their site too.

Crumlin, the registration is next week for them! they've a brochure of it up on their site too.

Found it! Def going to sign up for it only 30mins from my doorstep!

I wonder is there a certain level of baking/cookery needed, my girls are basic to say the least but I am willing to learn haha!

• Registered Users Posts: 30,519 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

I was just on Twitter and X-mas was in the top ten tweets!

Loughc wrote: »
    I wonder is there a certain level of baking/cookery needed, my girls are basic to say the least but I am willing to learn haha!

The nice people from crumlin college got back to me.

Christmas Cookery (CHC) 5 weeks €100 Saturday 10.30-12.30 class starts 8/11/2014

This course covers festive bakes, starters and/or side dishes for Christmas dinner and party food for the festive season. Every class is practical and shortly before the start of the course students will be given a list of ingredients to bring to the first class. You will need containers to bring food home. All classes are 2hours.

This course is suitable for beginners though I am sure people at intermediate level will enjoy it too.

I'm def going to sign up! Should be a laugh if nothing else haha!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,971 ✭✭✭SarahLil

enjoy to all those signing up for the cookery course looking forward to hearing all about, no doubt my belly will be rumbling reading the threads about it, as I've said before we are in a new house so really looking forward to this year, we got a new tv yesterday I let himself look after I wouldn't have a clue about HD this or that, but have to say he set up last night and I cant wait to sit down watch the polar express on it, I hope a good xmas film comes to the cinema this year, we use to have a tradition with a little one (2nd cousin of mine) in our family that in the build up to every Christmas we would take her the cinema for an xmas movie, go get fast food and then off course loads of goodies for the cinema, haven't done it in a couple of years now, I remember one year I had to cancel the tickets we couldn't get to the shopping centre because of the snow, people were being told to stay at home, thankfully enough the cinema gave me a full refund, ooh getting cold just typing that!!

Yeah I would of been thinking Christmas Cake, puddings, mince pies or chocolate log would of been in there somewhere, & the party food would more than likely come in handy for all year round when you think about it,
    My cooking skills are also pretty basic enough if you count beans/spaghetti hoops on toast a proper meal :D However I've always had this dream that one year i'll cook a Christmas dinner for the family so this will definitely come in handy.

You thinking of signing up too gidget?

That was the original plan anyways, just think how much Christmas spirit we'll be bringing into the house from November onwards! Ah definitely should be a bit of fun I'd say. Here's hoping we manage to get a place in the class now!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭Love2love

Oh my God! Elf the musical is coming to the bord gais theatre in December :D

I can confirm I saw stacks of tins of Christmas Roses, Celebrations, Little Heroes etc today in Tesco :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,971 ✭✭✭SarahLil

There is some stock in Dunnes Stores but not a lot sweets wise think I only seen one brand,but I did see tins of biscuits...was tempted to stock up!! not long now....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,378 ✭✭✭Cherrycola

Zulily has some Christmas stuff on offer at the moment, ends 1/9, if anyone needs a fix!

Looking for any opinions please on The Snowman musical? I'm thinking of getting our elf to bring the dvd and tickets to go to see it? Thanks in advance :)

• Advertisement

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement