Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Open the selection box- Christmas Forum Chat Thread

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,562 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

This is a forum where people count down to Christmas starting from Stephen's Day. We judge nobody! :D

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Emcm wrote: »
    I am so glad to have found this forum I am a Christmas nut I love it !!!!! My favourite thing in the world is shopping for Christmas decorations all year round My husband thinks I am a bit mad. I actually just bought some really cute things online this morning Is it too early ????? Will you judge me - looking forward to following this thread now

Come in, have a seat! You're amongst friends now.

Welcome to the nicest and best forum on Boards. There is def no judging here only j's we have here are jolly and joy! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭Emcm

I am delighted to have found other Christmas lovers in will feel right at home !

• Registered Users Posts: 14,274 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Emcm wrote: »
    I am delighted to have found other Christmas lovers in will feel right at home !

Welcome :) Especially for you:

Welcome Emcm - to The Tinsel Side. Its never too early to shop, I'm very organized, my parent's attic looks like a grotto now. Will pick up for the big people as I go :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,363 ✭✭✭washiskin

This one's for Emcm and all the newbies to Christmas Central here on Boards...stay tuned for recipes, wrapping ideas and much more Christmassy fun.... ;)

Ah guys thanks a million for all the tunes - brilliant !!!!! It will be great to chat about all things Christmassy I always start buying decorations early in the year some day soon I will have to stop as I will need an extension just simply to house the amount of decorations I own. There is great value online on things as its all out of season I got some lovely wee bits today for half nothing cannot wait for Mr Postman to bring them next week. I am already planning in my head where I will put them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭Tindie

I went to my local ASDA last night about nine, went to ASDA. By the Basket there had a Xmas tree up!

I was like :eek:

Where online are you getting your decorations? :)

I got them through dress my home.ie. Its a lovely website for all lovely bits for your house Christmassy and not. There is lovely wee tea light ornaments, wall hangings and Christmas table runners and the like. They don't have a mad big selection at the minute but I would say it will be gorgeous come November. I just couldn't help ordering a few bits !!!!!!!!!!!!

• Advertisement

Good Food magazine start their Christmas Issue planning on Thursday!!! I look forward to that issue like you wouldn't believe :D

washiskin wrote: »
    Good Food magazine start their Christmas Issue planning on Thursday!!! I look forward to that issue like you wouldn't believe :D

Is that the subscription magazine or can you buy it in the shop?

leahyl wrote: »
    Is that the subscription magazine or can you buy it in the shop?

You can get it in the shops as well as on-line - I order mine through my local shop. The first issue I ever bought was the Christmas one in 1998.

Guess where I was a few wet Wednesdays ago?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

Heading to New York for a few days in December. Can't wait to see all the Christmas stuff over there.

Squeeee! :D
    Where is that pub actually?

• Site Banned Posts: 192 ✭✭will.i.am

I was online earlier today and there were loads of pop up ads for school uniforms and it got me thinking about last year when all the tins of sweats began coming into Tesco when the kids went back to school at the end of August. I used got so excited thinking of this because I find once September comes it gets more Christmasey every day!

Posy wrote: »
    Squeeee! :D
    Where is that pub actually?

On top of the Hill of Skryne - about 8 or so miles from Dunshaughlin heading for Navan and then a couple of miles off the old N3..... it's like going back in time inside. Lovely roaring fire at the end of the bar and a bench along the wall. Not the most salubrious but on a quiet night the conversation is good.

OMG! :eek: :) "Even at the home of the black stuff, they dream of a white one" *whispers "Happy Christmas"! :D

Those Christmas Lights are in the window all year round.... Bar man said the do get a good few visitors around Christmas.

This has been on my mind the past few days too....very Christmas FM 2012

The Co-Operative Food Co ad is making DH jump out of his skin each time it comes on ...... Its The Most Wonnnnderful Time Of The Year la la la la

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭liamo22

So word from Harrods in London is the Christmas Department is opening earlier this year.... on Saturday the 13th of July!! :eek:

And this is their Christmas Bear this year :D:D

pjTjAFZ.jpg?1

So who is coming to London in a fortnight ? ;)

I would join you liamo, but I'm off to see The Killers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I can barely contain myself, I'm like one of my smallies waiting for Santa. I've been counting down since the morning tickets were released. *Mwah* Brandon Flowers :D

liamo22 wrote: »
    So word from Harrods in London is the Christmas Department is opening earlier this year.... on Saturday the 13th of July!! :eek:

And this is their Christmas Bear this year :D:D

So who is coming to London in a fortnight ? ;)

OMG that bear is so CUTE!!!:D I wish I was going to London this year now!

Wait though, my friend is living in London at the mo so maybe she could bring one home to me!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

leahyl wrote: »
    OMG that bear is so CUTE!!!:D I wish I was going to London this year now!

Wait though, my friend is living in London at the mo so maybe she could bring one home to me!

I love that bear! Must have! It's funny I only said it to my o/h we should go to London this year, now it's a must haha!

• Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭mashedbanana

....anyone else hear that new ad on the tv? We got sky put back in I was driven demented without it for a couple of years...anyway, cant remember what the ad is actually for...but the song to go with is. 'It's the most wonderful time of the year'!!!!! I almost had a kitten when I heard it from the kitchen...bolted into the sitting room for a look,.... Christmas music in July people!!!! :-D

....anyone else hear that new ad on the tv? We got sky put back in I was driven demented without it for a couple of years...anyway, cant remember what the ad is actually for...but the song to go with is. 'It's the most wonderful time of the year'!!!!! I almost had a kitten when I heard it from the kitchen...bolted into the sitting room for a look,.... Christmas music in July people!!!! :-D

Yes! Thats the one I was on about yesterday. Its for the Co-op Food Co, driving Dh mad. Serves him right for not stopping at that shop for me two weeks ago.

Mayo Gurl wrote: »
    Yes! Thats the one I was on about yesterday. Its for the Co-op Food Co, driving Dh mad. Serves him right for not stopping at that shop for me two weeks ago.

I think I've found him the perfect gift!!! ;) :pac:

coal.jpg

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10 focusvsastrata

I made a Christmas cake last night.

I think I've found him the perfect gift!!! ;) :pac:

coal.jpg

Almost (and I'm only weakly protesting here!) embarrassed to say, I actually have a few of those thrown in with my Christmas decorations. Picked them up a few years ago, thought they were brilliant! He better change the 'tude fast, I can tell ye, or thats exactly what will be under the tree for him.

• Advertisement

That Harrods bear is adorable Myself and my sisters went to London last November and the window display was just amazing it was a Disney princess theme just beautiful.

Got my wee parcel of decorations in the post today so excited !!!!! I love getting decorations early and planning where I will put them! Started to order bits from books clubs through work too great for stocking fillers for the kids it really eases the expense when you spread it out over a few months. I wonder will Argos do the 3 for 2 on toys this October I found that a great help last year as we have lots of nieces and nephews to buy for along with our own 4 so it's super to get every 3rd toy free

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement