Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Open the selection box- Christmas Forum Chat Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,556 ✭✭✭groucho marx

Bought stocking fillers today :-D

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,562 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

I'm starting to make my lists and get some stocking fillers from next week.
    I have 2 presents got already.
    Excited! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,274 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

I thought it felt kind of Christmassy going into work this morning cos it was darker than normal...and the dark mornings always remind me of Christmas :D

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭Scarinae

Only 100 days until Christmas now! I really want to tell someone in real life but am afraid of being Grinched :D

I'll be booking my Christmas flights home soon, and need to start making present lists. My brother and his wife are having a baby at the end of November - my first nephew - so I'm tempted to get a Christmas onesie for the baby, maybe an elf

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

New Christmas Albums scheduled for Christmas 2014;
    Family Guy writer Seth McFarlane is following his debut album with a Christmas affair called ‘Holiday For Swing’ which will have the likes of Sara Bareilles and Norah Jones on board for several duets.

Famous saxophone player Dave Koz will be releasing his 5th holiday album for Christmas 2014 with big name collaborators in the shape of Stevie Wonder, Gloria Estefan and India.Arie.

The voice of ‘Frozen’ Idina Menzel has plenty of ‘Holiday Wishes’ on her mind for December’s celebrations with the album’s main single ‘December Prayer’ due for release any day now.

Michael W. Smith is no stranger to Christmas albums and his ‘The Spirit of Christmas’ will undoubtedly be another lush affair with attention to yuletide detail being the order of the day. Smith will have a host of friends joining him on the album including Bono, Carrie Underwood and 80’s legend Michael McDonald.

Kristin Chenoweth who starred alongside Idina Menzel in ‘Wicked’ and ‘Glee’ is also rumoured to be releasing a Christmas album this year with her best compilation called ‘Coming Home’ also due for release.

LeAnn Rimes’ second Christmas album ‘One Christmas’ will see the light of day just before the holidays this year. The album was recorded in the stifling summer heat of L.A. but that hasn’t stopped this bell laden opus from ever sounding less than a celestial affair.

Jimmy Wayne has been singing his Christmas song ‘Paper Angels’ since 2004 but a movie of the same name is due for screening in November and it will come with 2 brand new Christmas originals from the country singer.

Not a whole pile to get excited about on that list, LeAnn Rimes should be solid, Seth McFarlane's could be interesting except he would probably end up taking too many shots at the Jews in his songs.

The 80's really was a goldmine for Christmas songs, there really hasn't been a decent original Christmas single since the 80s which is madness when you think of the royalities those songs make being re-used every year.

• Advertisement

First visit to the Brown Thomas Christmas shop of 2014 this evening. :D

I accidentally bought a €30 snowglobe. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Posy wrote: »

Spoken like a true Christmas moderator. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,363 ✭✭✭washiskin

:eek::eek: I LOVE Snowglobes!!! Can we see it???

Yes! Give me a sec to take a picture!

EDIT! Here it is. :)

7COyWHf.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 14,274 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Yes! Give me a sec to take a picture!

EDIT! Here it is. :)

7COyWHf.jpg

WANT

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Damn. I need to buy this now...

• Registered Users Posts: 30,519 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

How many days is to Christmas?
    I though on Monday there was a hundred days to Christmas. This came up on my newsfeed on Facebook/Twitter but when I looked at Christmas countdown thread it said 101.

Today(Wednesday) according to me there's 98 days to Christmas but according to the other thread there's 99.

http://www.xmasclock.com

http://days.to/until/christmas

http://www.yourchristmascountdown.com

We say here is 99 days left so when Christmas Eve comes it says one day to go rather than 0 days, 23 hours to go etc.

Hope that clears it up :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,810 ✭✭✭Jude13

I am booking flights home for myself and the GF when we get paid. So glad this place exists and most people think I'm nuts.

My daughter has never given us any trouble, I know everyone thinks their kid is perfect however, she is a dream. The one strange thing though is her love of smashing snow globes. The first couple of Christmas's we thought it was that she liked them but they were just too heavy for her little hands. When she was four and well able to carry the globes, which we tried to keep away from her, I caught her with one. I was looking in from the hall and just got out "don't!" and she threw it on the ground, then said it was a accident. She's older now and we joke about it and she gets embarrassed. it was a weird phase.

By the way I have negotiated an 18 November date for putting up the tree and decs. This gives us exactly a month of having them up before we leave for Ireland.

Posy, your very good health to enjoy that beautiful Snowglobe :)

Jude, maybe your daughter was on a crusade to free the people she thought were trapped in a wintery hell? ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,971 ✭✭✭SarahLil

Love the snow globe Posy, heading to Edinburgh next week hope to make some purchases there, when I get back to Dublin I'll start working on presents and stocking fillers, I have 4 presents so far, cant wait for a trip to Ikea also they are getting stock in the end of the month apparently

So Brown Thomas is open until 8.30 this evening, I'm off work at 5.30 and the Luas leaves me off at Grafton Street..... there will be only one outcome here :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭snowgal

sounds good, but dont get toooo excited, was there last week, nearly running through the store to see and was a little underwhelmed. its more a small sample of stuff of whats to come!

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭Broken Strings

The countdown is on guys.

Just back from holidays so I can start to get excited now :D

Does anybody else make pomanders in the run-up to Christmas? I usually start mine in October/early November but tempted to start earlier this year. Along with Christmas trees, they are the smell of Christmas for me!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

Loughc wrote: »
    New Christmas Albums scheduled for Christmas 2014;

Not a whole pile to get excited about on that list, LeAnn Rimes should be solid, Seth McFarlane's could be interesting except he would probably end up taking too many shots at the Jews in his songs.

I wonder will any of these classics make an appearance? :p

http://touch.boards.ie/thread/2057292150/1/#post92241072

20% off toys in smyths from the 19/09 to the 22/09. Might come in handy for the christmas shopping! :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,952 ✭✭✭funnights74

Listening to Christmas fm online here :D. My brother just called in and wants me sectioned :D.

Yeah my o/h was grinching all over my happy time yesterday after catching me dancing in the hall to Here Comes Santa Claus. :mad:

Listening to Christmas fm online here :D. My brother just called in and wants me sectioned :D.

Oh my god, does it broadcast online all year round?

(Listening to Winter Wonderland right now :))

• Registered Users Posts: 1,952 ✭✭✭funnights74

Scarinae wrote: »
    Oh my god, does it broadcast online all year round?

(Listening to Winter Wonderland right now :))

Yep 365 online, my B'thday is 100 days from Christmas so from there i'm in Christmas mode.

Yep 365 online, my B'thday is 100 days from Christmas so from there i'm in Christmas mode.

That's brilliant, thanks! I thought they only switched it on in November :)

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭WittyNameForMe

So Ben & Jerry's have released two Christmas themed flavours, I got this,

opqy43.jpg

Yes the was amazing! The also have a MINTer Wonderland.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,264 ✭✭✭✭Alicat

Where'd you get it? :eek:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement