Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Open the selection box- Christmas Forum Chat Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

Hey all, not sure if it's been mentioned elsewhere on the forum but Lidl have a load of Chtistmas stuff in, I got a whole loads of spices (stick cinnamon, cloves and star anise) for 99c per portion. Good for Christmas pressie making!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,363 ✭✭✭washiskin

Aaaaaand that's my Chutney done! \0/

Hey all, not sure if it's been mentioned elsewhere on the forum but Lidl have a load of Chtistmas stuff in, I got a whole loads of spices (stick cinnamon, cloves and star anise) for 99c per portion. Good for Christmas pressie making!

Did you notice if they have Stollen in yet? It's probably too early.... :( but I have a serious yen for some toasted....

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,562 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

You should make some!

I bet Fanny Cradock has a delicious recipe somewhere. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,274 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

I've decided I'm going to make my first ever Christmas cake this year! I have loads of baking books at home but I think I'll do Mary Berrys recipe - she's normally pretty foolproof!

• Advertisement

Well I made the Omelette,....it's not the worst thing I've ever eaten.......

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Amazing. How is it not the worse thing you've ever eaten? Yours looks much better than Fanny's, but still! Fair play to you for giving it a go! :D

I'm feeling very Christmassy today. I'm on the couch with a bar of chocolate (I very very rarely eat chocolate so it's definitely a Christmassy thing to me) watching Christmas cookery shows in my jammies.

It's like a strange kind of filled pancake, I used my own mincemeat from last year so I didn't get a mouthful of suet

• Registered Users Posts: 7,819 ✭✭✭fussyonion

It is very cold out right now..feels like Christmas!

My Aunt was making ten Christmas puddings yesterday..her kitchen smelt divine and got me wondering if I should make a cake this year.
    I normally do, but the last two years I haven't as nobody was eating them.
    I like making them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,971 ✭✭✭SarahLil

Amazing. How is it not the worse thing you've ever eaten? Yours looks much better than Fanny's, but still! Fair play to you for giving it a go! :D

I'm feeling very Christmassy today. I'm on the couch with a bar of chocolate (I very very rarely eat chocolate so it's definitely a Christmassy thing to me) watching Christmas cookery shows in my jammies.

I managed to catch some of the Christmas cookery this morning, it does feel quite festive out there today was in Lidl earlier seen chocolate Santa's, Christmas puddings and Cadbury selection boxes, picked up a new dinner service today can't wait to fill them with tasty Christmas treats:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,971 ✭✭✭SarahLil

Fussyonion go ahead and make it, would work colleagues not appreciate some Christmas cake, surely someone popping by for a cuppa wouldn't say no

This just appeared on my fb!! http://yuleplay.com/playlist/?pid=405&pname=Old+Classic+Christmas+Songs

I'm very excited!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,248 ✭✭✭SCOOP 64

Mayo Gurl wrote: »
    This just appeared on my fb!! http://yuleplay.com/playlist/?pid=405&pname=Old+Classic+Christmas+Songs

I'm very excited!!!!

I cant get 70s christmas hits to play on that that site, just goes back to first page?

Fanny just shoved a couple of slices of raw gammon and a whole load of raw mushrooms under the skin of the turkey.

Fanny just shoved a couple of slices of raw gammon and a whole load of raw mushrooms under the skin of the turkey.

Oh dear God.....

• Registered Users Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

washiskin wrote: »
    Did you notice if they have Stollen in yet? It's probably too early.... :( but I have a serious yen for some toasted....

Not sure about stollen but thy had their gingerbread and all that out, so you might get lucky. This was the big one on Cork St. in Dublin.

Not sure about stollen but thy had their gingerbread and all that out, so you might get lucky. This was the big one on Cork St. in Dublin.

Success!!! I got some in Aldi yesterday!! :)

I was in Norn Iron today...if people are having a grinning match over the teeny amount of Christmas stuff in the shops here ("too early" :O)....they'd be foaming at the mouth up there.....:D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭SusieBlue

Its finally October so I'm venturing back into this forum! Just need to get Halloween out of the way now, and then the fun really begins :) Felt really Christmassy tonight, the weather is shocking, we've the fire lighting and we're in our pjs since about 5pm. We've been watching movies all evening with copious amounts of wine and yummy food - I love cosy Sundays :)

WhiteRoses wrote: »
    Its finally October so I'm venturing back into this forum!

We're here all year 'round, you know. :) You're welcome to mosey in anytime.....

Feeling so Christmassy today - I'm in work but have yuleplay.com on low...White Christmas playing as I type this! :D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

leahyl wrote: »
    Feeling so Christmassy today - I'm in work but have yuleplay.com on low...White Christmas playing as I type this! :D

Thanks to the stormy weather last night and the trains not working I have to work from home today so I now have yuleplay playing slightly bit louder than I should ;)

Loughc wrote: »
    Thanks to the stormy weather last night and the trains not working I have to work from home today so I now have yuleplay playing slightly bit louder than I should ;)

g'waaaaan.....stick on a string of lights! :D

I just tried that Ben & Jerry's Minter Wonderland. So good.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭delw

Good idea of decorating a white Christmas tree,a snowman :)

diy-christmas-tree-snowman.jpg

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

That is genius! Great find!

delw wrote: »
    Good idea of decorating a white Christmas tree,a snowman :)

diy-christmas-tree-snowman.jpg

By any chance are you in an elf group on FB? 🎅

• Registered Users Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭delw

Mayo Gurl wrote: »
    By any chance are you in an elf group on FB? 🎅
    Im actually not,a friend posted it on my time line & i said to myself "I have to find this on net for fellow boardies" :)

I thought you might be one of my elf crazies. One lady in the group woke up last December and her elf had decorated the above tree like that as one of his antics. I'm going to get a white tree and steal that idea for our elves this year ��

Not sure how many of you are on Twitter but if you are and are feeling nostalgic the lovely Helen Day aka @LBFlyawayhome will be taking an Advent Calendar approach to her daily Ladybird Book postings in the run up to Christmas :)

She already does a "Today in History" via Ladybird daily post (& requests if you had a favourite) and for anyone who had these little gems it's a real treat. :)

• Advertisement

Home Alone 2: Lost in New York on Film 4 now!!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement