Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Open the selection box- Christmas Forum Chat Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭WittyNameForMe

Love this years Yankee Candles advent calendars
    324656.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,363 ✭✭✭washiskin

Yuss! \0/ Turkey ordered.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

CHRISTMAS IN THE DISNEY STORE!! Oh it's all so beautiful and overpriced!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,819 ✭✭✭fussyonion

Hey gang

Just saw Boots is doing 100ml bottles of new CKRed (for him and for her) for only €25 until Thursday.
    Can't go wrong with CK, in my opinion, and may be handy for Christmas gifts?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,952 ✭✭✭funnights74

40,000 applied for 200 places on the late late toy show last year!!!! Insane. Today was the date for applicants for this years show going out on the 28th of November. If your not in..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,264 ✭✭✭✭Alicat

My brother knows me so well! This is what he got me for my birthday :D

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

So I picked up this little number in Pennys today. To say I'm delighted with myself is an understatement!

2l94p5j.jpg

I was also tempted by the t-shirt Lockie! :D

I must say M&S's Christmas Decorations are gorgeous this year - very old school......or should I say old yule.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,264 ✭✭✭✭Alicat

washiskin wrote: »
    I must say M&S's Christmas Decorations are gorgeous this year - very old school......or should I say old yule.

"Which is to say Christmas, as in Yule. Yule log. Not a log. I don't have a log, but I mean, you know, if I had a log. Not in the sense you think I said I did. Good golly."

#christmasnerd :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,378 ✭✭✭Cherrycola

True movies was showing Christmas movies today! Sorry I couldn't get on earlier to post, newborn baby in the house!

• Advertisement

This is for AlanS - there is a gorgeous Snow Globe in M&S that plays "White Christmas".

• Registered Users Posts: 3,810 ✭✭✭Jude13

Love this years Yankee Candles advent calendars
    324656.jpg

I got all excited and ordered the House calendar above on amazon.co.uk. I received my order confirmation at it cost £94.10 due to the cost of delivery to where I live :o I will not be telling the OH that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,971 ✭✭✭SarahLil

Aldi has a lot of stock in stollen, mince pies, Christmas puddings, chocolate Santas lots!!!! Believe it or not I have never had a mince pie

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭applesock

Tesco had frozen turkeys in stock today and the christmas chocolate aisle has gotten bigger :D so excited now.

applesock wrote: »
    Tesco had frozen turkeys in stock today and the christmas chocolate aisle has gotten bigger :D so excited now.

Frozen turkeys already ....

• Registered Users Posts: 30,519 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

SarahLil wrote: »
    Frozen turkeys already ....

I saw them at ALDI over a week ago and they had the three bird roasts.

Just back from Brown Thomas. :eek::eek::eek: The best year of the Christmas Shop so far!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,378 ✭✭✭Cherrycola

My local heatons were putting out their Christmas stock on Friday!

• Registered Users Posts: 600 ✭✭✭SMJSF

Girls (and boys, if any!) I've a little question for yous..

I am giving personalized mug "hampers" as presents - mug with sayings/names on them, with fluffy socks, hot chocolate sachets and candy canes and sweets inside the mug, but I don't know how to wrap them....
    cellophane? wrapping paper? (gathered at the top) bag?

Thanks. :)

SMJSF wrote: »
    Girls (and boys, if any!) I've a little question for yous..

I am giving personalized mug "hampers" as presents - mug with sayings/names on them, with fluffy socks, hot chocolate sachets and candy canes and sweets inside the mug, but I don't know how to wrap them....
    cellophane? wrapping paper? (gathered at the top) bag?

Thanks. :)

I would use cellophane gathered with some fancy ribbon on top, brilliant idea by the way I often make beauty hampers for pals, but that's a great idea with mugs etc..

• Advertisement

Just back from Brown Thomas. :eek::eek::eek: The best year of the Christmas Shop so far!

Oh do tell... Can't wait to make my first trip ever..this year

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭JohnDaniels

First week just gone that I could really feel the chill getting up in the mornings. Christmas is coming :)

SarahLil wrote: »
    Oh do tell... Can't wait to make my first trip ever..this year

Just the loveliest stuff - lovely themes & colours _ the Kurt Adler stuff in particular was gorgeous. There was a music box with bells in the lid - €300 but I swear if I'd had the money.... staff great too, seem to love Christmas which is a great help. Loads of happy faced people walking around.

Caught a bit of Tesco Christmas decorations too - really cute stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,008 ✭✭✭gidget

Just back from Brown Thomas. The best year of the Christmas Shop so far!

I was in it last week, for a look around. A lot of the same stuff as last year, the little ornaments with the little Christmas villages are back, I would just love to get some, that lorry is back again & the mini jukebox that plays the songs, but still so bloody expensive. I liked the snow globes which I'm thinking of going back to get & some nice baking/cookery books too!

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Got the M&S food brochure today. I'd say the guy who gave it to me was pleasantly surprised by my positive reaction.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Last year, TV3 aired a 30-minute toy show from Tattersalls Winter Wonderland fronted by broadcaster Alan Hughes.

The programme went out just an hour and a half before the 2013 Late Late Toy Show and received ratings of 350,000.

But this year, the programme has been extended to 90 minutes and will broadcast live from the RDS on November 21 at 8pm with a "well-known celebrity face" at the helm.

The once-off programme will coincide with the opening of the Dublin Toy Fair which runs at the RDS, and airs more than a month before Christmas.
    The Toy Fair will run for nine days and will feature music, toy displays and the "ultimate Santa Experience".

"This year, the TV3 Christmas Toy Show will be bigger and better," TV3 Head of Daytime Victoria Quinn said.

"It will feature top toy reviews, exclusive performances, nostalgic blasts from the past as well as fun, festive features and celebrity guests."

TV3 are now looking for children and 'toy demonstrators' to appear on the show and talk about must have presents.

Toy demonstrators must be aged between five and 12 years old. TV3 will announce further application details shortly.

RTE refused to comment on TV3's rival toy show when contacted last night.
    Last year, nearly 1.4 million viewers tuned in to the Mary Poppins themed Late Late Toy Show. Host Ryan Tubridy pranced about the stage in the guise of Cockney chimney sweep Bert - originally played by Dick Van Dyke. Tubridy will reprise his all-singing, all-dancing role again this year.

In 2013, over 40,000 people applied for tickets to the Late Late Toy Show. "It's enormous demand for tiny supply," Tubridy said.

"We had 40,000 applications and there are 200 seats."

The production team are currently considering three different thematic "runners and riders" for the 2014 show.

It is believed that the show will pay tribute to late theatre legend Billie Barry who passed last month. Barry founded the Billie Barry Stage School in 1964 and her students became known for their dance routines on the Late Late Toy Show.

Nothing will beat the original Toy Show but TV3 are certainly trying to step it up and earn a market share for themselves, the week before the Late Late one as well.

Just the loveliest stuff - lovely themes & colours _ the Kurt Adler stuff in particular was gorgeous. There was a music box with bells in the lid - €300 but I swear if I'd had the money.... staff great too, seem to love Christmas which is a great help. Loads of happy faced people walking around.

Caught a bit of Tesco Christmas decorations too - really cute stuff.

Thanks can't wait to make a trip.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,562 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

The Christmas lights are up on Dublin's Clarendon Street!! :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭WittyNameForMe

I passed an Argos this evening; it looked like they where training a lot of new staff obviously the Christmas staff. They where busy filling the shop floor with Christmas tress and Christmas stock.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭Tindie

The True movies channel as turned into true Christmas today

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement