Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Open the selection box- Christmas Forum Chat Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,810 ✭✭✭Jude13

I just had my OH's final pressie delivered to the office today, no to hide it in the house.

I got her two pressies however I left the receipt of the first one on the kitchen table and she spotted it. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 7,819 ✭✭✭fussyonion

I was so excited to see the festive Yankee Candles in Homestore + More yesterday; I went and bought a big jar AND a set of nine various tart ones.
    The tart ones were intended to be a present but I'm having them.
    My house smells positively elfy!

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭barneyrubble46

I cant wait for xmas FM to start. Bring on December.

• Registered Users Posts: 600 ✭✭✭SMJSF

the Dublin city (O'Connell Street) Christmas lights are being turned on 30th November @ 3pm :D

http://www.dublinatchristmas.ie/whats-on-events/oconnell-street-christmas-lights-switch/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,556 ✭✭✭groucho marx

It's that deadly time now 😀 the run up to Christmas. I love it☺

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

SMJSF wrote: »
    the Dublin city (O'Connell Street) Christmas lights are being turned on 30th November @ 3pm :D

http://www.dublinatchristmas.ie/whats-on-events/oconnell-street-christmas-lights-switch/

Grafton Street is the 13th of November and Henry Street is the 16th, less than a month people!!! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,971 ✭✭✭SarahLil

Homebase have christmas stock online a lot of items have discounts, nothing on Woodies so far, the Christmas food from M&S looks yummy from what I seen so far...

I picked up the Guinness Book of records 2015 for 15.24 euro in the book station, my godson loves it, he loves to sit up on the couch with me Stephens Day and look through it tell me all the things he has seen, they have a website I think it normally retails for about 21.00 euro

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,562 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

It's weird that Henry Street aren't turned on the same time as O'Connell Street. Unless they're turning the tree and the lights on at different times.
    The O'Connell Street lights are a bit underwhelming anyway though!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,264 ✭✭✭✭Alicat

I've just booked the afternoon off for the Grafton Street lights. I've never been in for any of them so I'm excited now! Everyone else in work just rolled their eyes at me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,363 ✭✭✭washiskin

Have you put any stock out yet Alicat?

• Advertisement

washiskin wrote: »
    Have you put any stock out yet Alicat?

One or two tiny trinkets, nothing major. Next week is when we'll start rolling them out! The only thing we're going to hold back on for just another little while is the baubles and tree decorations. Maybe another three weeks for those!

Lots of little Chistmas things in Dublin City now! Debenhams have their beauty hall done up, with bauble swags above the doorways. M&S had signs at the tills reminding everyone to go up to Homewares and see the Christmas section. Dunnes on Henry street were unloading lots of Christmas stuff and had the whole back wall of Homewares clear for stock.

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭WittyNameForMe

Some bargains currently doing the rounds which may come in handy for Christmas presents, or to give Santa a helping hand :D:

Both from Littlewoods. Fisher Price Little People Farm and Fisher Price Playground both reduced to €14. They are reduced from €34. Checkout both together and one registers as free. So €14 for both. Also Vtech toot toot fire engine is €24 (previously €34 in Littlewoods, currently €29.99 in Smyths) if you add another at the check out the second is only €6. So two for €30.00 works out at basically buy on get one free :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,378 ✭✭✭Cherrycola

Not sure if it's been posted already, but Dublin will have a traditional Christmas market this year!!
    http://www.dublinatchristmas.ie/christmas/christmas-market-in-dublin/

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

I visited the Brown Thomas Christmas shop yesterday. I always think it's hilarious how tacky even the expensive decorations are. :D I do love a bit of tack at Christmas though.

Speaking of tack; if anyone else had a similar childhood to me and remembers these decorations...

6a0120a7b83018970b015392333d8e970b-800wi

.... they're selling them in the Tiger shops at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,810 ✭✭✭Jude13

The memories, home and Christmas sick now.

Oh wow, I remember those decorations! We had loads of them. I'm torn between wanting to buy them and not wanting to actually put them on my tree.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭delw

Alicat wrote: »
    Speaking of tack; if anyone else had a similar childhood to me and remembers these decorations...
    Remember them i think i still have one or two at the bottom of the tree decoration bag :D

(had a clear out 2 years ago & may of dumped them )

• Registered Users Posts: 14,274 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

OMG some seriously cute Christmas decorations and homewares on M&S website!! I'm off Friday, so can't wait to have a look in town!

• Advertisement

Malteasers have changed their Malteaser bunny to a reindeer. The bunnies are little pieces of delicious sugary crack so always buy them in twos.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,819 ✭✭✭fussyonion

I bought some Zoflora in Winter Spice and now my sink and bin smells all Christmassy :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 600 ✭✭✭SMJSF

I just got on the bus and an old woman tutted at me looking at my shopping bag with rolls of Christmas wrapping paper.

Bog off grinch!!

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭Scarinae

Oh my god, we had these! I think there are still maybe two left in the decorations box that have survived the intervening years...
    .... they're selling them in the Tiger shops at the moment.

I must ask my Mum if she wants me to get more, or if she'd prefer them to stay back in the 80s/90s :D

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,562 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Oh my goodness! They are EXACTLY what I had on my tree during my childhood!! :eek:
    'm torn between wanting to buy them and not wanting to actually put them on my tree.
    Me too! :D:D

fussyonion wrote: »
    I bought some Zoflora in Winter Spice and now my sink and bin smells all Christmassy :D:D

I LOVE that stuff!! :D

SMJSF wrote: »
    I just got on the bus and an old woman tutted at me looking at my shopping bag with rolls of Christmas wrapping paper.

Bog off grinch!!

Well, just think of all the grinning she'll be doing when she can't find any nice paper closer to the time. :cool:

My mother is denying that we had those decorations. I think she has blocked the memory of our tacky trees out.

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭applesock

OMG i love those decorations & so glad u posted, my nanny used to put them on her christmas tree, i have the christmas tree now, its a tatty aul thing at this stage, i still put it up every year, but i lost the old decorations a couple of years ago when moving. Im so going to buy these to decorate my little tree :D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement