Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Open the selection box- Christmas Forum Chat Thread

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,562 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Squeeeeeeeeeeeee!!! I'll be on Grafton Street tomorrow- can't wait to see them!! :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,264 ✭✭✭✭Alicat

Haha, I'm glad I awoke all the memories! Yeah I'm not going to put them on my tree... But I will put them on my mother's! Her tacky one, which has all our old decorations.

I also picked up some more silver stars in B&Q, of which I got a few last year for her tree, but I needed more as my granny wanted some too. If anyone is in there, have a look for them. They look super tacky but when they're in the tree, wow! They reflect all the lights and absolutely sparkle. We found them very handy in our real tree, where the areas close to the trunk can look very dark.

link

• Registered Users Posts: 2,363 ✭✭✭washiskin

Alicat wrote: »
    Haha, I'm glad I awoke all the memories! Yeah I'm not going to put them on my tree... But I will put them on my mother's! Her tacky one, which has all our old decorations.

I also picked up some more silver stars in B&Q, of which I got a few last year for her tree, but I needed more as my granny wanted some too. If anyone is in there, have a look for them. They look super tacky but when they're in the tree, wow! They reflect all the lights and absolutely sparkle. We found them very handy in our real tree, where the areas close to the trunk can look very dark.

link

White tinsel is your friend on dark parts of the tree, Alicat, especially arouns the base & near the trunk.n:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭snowgal

Just so yee all know, true movies are now true movies christmas :D (well they were over the weekend) the time has come...also I listen to christmas all year round with the christmas radio app on my iPad, it's class :p

• Registered Users Posts: 3,810 ✭✭✭Jude13

My christmas fm app is just playing classical tunes, very nice, however I can t get it to change back to the normal ones. Any ideas?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭snowgal

Well mine is called XmasRADIO if that helps and it plays lots of different stations and styles....

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

I don't think the Christmas FM app plays any other songs until they start up properly apart from the classic ones. I could be wrong though. Would it be something to do with royalties?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭delw

The Christmas market on Stephens green has it been before? I don't venture to that side of the liffey any more but might this year

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

delw wrote: »
    The Christmas market on Stephens green has it been before? I don't venture to that side of the liffey any more but might this year

No this will be the first year for it. I'm very excited to go to it!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,971 ✭✭✭SarahLil

Yeah me too Loughc looking forward to it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 600 ✭✭✭SMJSF

I was in Dublin town today, and Penneys at the end of Henry Street has amazing stock... If I brought more money, and had my debit card with me, I would have gotten one of everything! Got a really cute standing snowman (6euro) and large gold set of 4 baubles (2euro) and want to go back and get the silver ones and a few LED light items!

Dunnes has lovely elegant items, not all there stock is out on display... I have to start saving.... have my eye on a few things ;)

I was not impressed with M&S unfortunately :( They only have a tiny space, display is very disorganised, no effort what-so-ever, didn't encourage me to even look at a lot :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,971 ✭✭✭SarahLil

SMJSF wrote: »
    I was in Dublin town today, and Penneys at the end of Henry Street has amazing stock... If I brought more money, and had my debit card with me, I would have gotten one of everything! Got a really cute standing snowman (6euro) and large gold set of 4 baubles (2euro) and want to go back and get the silver ones and a few LED light items!

Dunnes has lovely elegant items, not all there stock is out on display... I have to start saving.... have my eye on a few things ;)

I was not impressed with M&S unfortunately :( They only have a tiny space, display is very disorganised, no effort what-so-ever, didn't encourage me to even look at a lot :(

Can't wait to visit penneys in town, they never disappoint

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭Emcm

Look what my Lovely mammy brought me today ❤️

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

It's fab! Where did she get it?

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭Emcm

She got it in Meadows and Byrne she said there were smaller ones too. She bought it in September though but decided to hold off before giving it to me

• Registered Users Posts: 10,264 ✭✭✭✭Alicat

Holy cr@p! I've attached a photo of a decoration that Selfridges in London are stocking. We've also got it this year (because we're such a classy little pharmacy :p ) but we are happily selling it for €2.50

Look at what price Selfridges have it at! :eek:

here

• Registered Users Posts: 1,008 ✭✭✭gidget

Just saw one of those adverts for Park Christmas savings, advertising for Christmas 2015 to start your saving!

Those ads are the only Christmas ads that annoy me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,008 ✭✭✭gidget

Those ads are the only Christmas ads that annoy me.

It kind of is when your still trying to sort yourself out for this year's!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭Johngoose

Christmas is magical,I love it.

• Advertisement

2h58hdx.jpg

I'll just leave this here :-)

I was in Debenhams earlier and they were putting up the decorations.

In other Christmas news, my husband bought me a Hampers, Sweets and Treats scratch card yesterday and I won chocolates.

It really is the most wonderful time of the year!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

Heatons is amazing at the moment:)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,274 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Christmas decorations are up in Debenhams in Patk St Cork City - even I think it's a bit early and I am a well known Christmas nut!!

I was in Debenhams earlier and they were putting up the decorations.

In here now. All the decorations are up. Very festive looking but feels weird as it's only October haha!!

Loughc wrote: »
    In here now. All the decorations are up. Very festive looking but feels weird as it's only October haha!!

Yeah but this day two months it will be Christmas! Only 2 months!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 389 ✭✭micromary

2 months to go and counting. Can't wait to start heading George Michael's "Last Christmas" again next month! Bring it on!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,274 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

micromary wrote: »
    2 months to go and counting. Can't wait to start heading George Michael's "Last Christmas" again next month! Bring it on!!!

Wow you really love that song! :-D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭bladespin

Saw 'Love Actually' on tv this week, it's officially the run in now!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement