Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Open the selection box- Christmas Forum Chat Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,264 ✭✭✭✭Alicat

Makin' some playlists on Spotify :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 389 ✭✭micromary

leahyl wrote: »
    Wow you really love that song! :-D

Sure do!! Even play it during the Summer!!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭Emcm

Hello all

The excitement is really building in our house at the minute. The kids are compiling the Santa lists as we speak, it's a bit of a scary list with tablets being mentioned so if anyone has recommendations of good value tablets for younger kids please share. The wee man just wants tractors so that's easily sorted.

It's the nieces and nephews I struggle with now Hubby and I have about 12 to buy for its an awful lot and as they get older harder to please them within a budget.

Was out over the weekend and the shops are fab Heatons has lovely stuff for reasonable prices I wasn't totally blown away by Woodies though didn't think it as nice as last year.

Halloween ( a dirty word I know in the Christmas forum ) party planning at the minute so its all go here 😊

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

I've a wedding this Friday (Yes on Halloween) so once the wedding is over the countdown is well and truely on!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭delw

Loughc wrote: »
    I've a wedding this Friday (Yes on Halloween) so once the wedding is over the countdown is well and truely on!
    Is it fancy dress :D

I'l get my coat :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭WittyNameForMe

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 389 ✭✭micromary

This is going on so long now, that we should reward ourselves for putting up with the January, February months etc by having a little pre-Christmas party in Dublin city. Don't know who is up for it but just a idea!!!:)

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

micromary wrote: »
    This is going on so long now, that we should reward ourselves for putting up with the January, February months etc by having a little pre-Christmas party in Dublin city. Don't know who is up for it but just a idea!!!:)

I'm up for it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

This made me so happy when I saw it this morning.

https://twitter.com/OfficialSanta/status/527854043348369409

• Registered Users Posts: 30,519 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

It's next month!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,562 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

OH MY GOD, IT'S NOVEMBER!!!!!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

It's the most wonderful two months of the year!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

Right, Halloween is over, time for the yearly battle with herself to convince her that it is not too early to put up the Christmas tree.

I reckon she'll break by the 14th.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭Love2love

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭Broken Strings

Is it too soon for decorations??? :D

I was the 3rd of November last year :p Think I have to wait a small bit later this year though!

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭Emcm

Miracle on 34 th street just started on Sky 1 one of my favourite movies ever

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭StripedBoxers

Tom Dunne wrote: »
    Right, Halloween is over, time for the yearly battle with herself to convince her that it is not too early to put up the Christmas tree.

I reckon she'll break by the 14th.
    Is it too soon for decorations??? :D

I was the 3rd of November last year :p Think I have to wait a small bit later this year though!
    I am dying to put up our decorations and tree.

My bf wasn't going to use his tree so I said I'd take it off his hands :D Along with his decorations.

I also took some decorations off his hands, a multi coloured star and some holly lights too.

I'm just waiting on homestore and more to have a sale on the Yankee candles and then I can buy the cinnamon stick or sparkling cinnamon one :D Love those candles for Xmas :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,008 ✭✭✭gidget

Well if ever somewhere could get a better start off to Christmas, then it was today. Reports coming in that residents woke up to snow in South Carolina today!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭bladespin

Santa's workshop is in full production here, nearly done ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,274 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

My First Christmas cake is in the oven! I had a sneaky taste of the cake mixture and it's yum! Just hoping I have the right temp on the oven cos the knob doesn't show the temps anymore - the numbers faded off it so it's guesswork! :-O

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,810 ✭✭✭Jude13

I got nearly all my pressie bought in Dubai at the weekend. Mainly stocking fillers. The tree goes up in 12 days. I need to schedule out what movies I will be watching each week before flying to Ireland. the list so far.
    1. Elf
    2. Scrooged
    3. Four Christmas’s
    4. Home alone 1
    5. Home alone 2
    6. Polar express
    7. I’ll be home for Christmas
    8. Santas slay (terrible slasher movie)
    9. The Santa Clause
    10. Die hard 1
    11. Die hard 2
    12. Love Actually
    13. Trading Places
    14. The Goonies
    15. National Lampoons
    And I need to get a copy of the following
    1. Santa clause the movie
    2. Muppets Christmas Carol
    3. The Grinch
    4. Bad Santa
    5. The snow man

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

Jude13 wrote: »
    I got nearly all my pressie bought in Dubai at the weekend. Mainly stocking fillers. The tree goes up in 12 days. I need to schedule out what movies I will be watching each week before flying to Ireland. the list so far.
    1. Elf
    2. Scrooged
    3. Four Christmas’s
    4. Home alone 1
    5. Home alone 2
    6. Polar express
    7. I’ll be home for Christmas
    8. Santas slay (terrible slasher movie)
    9. The Santa Clause
    10. Die hard 1
    11. Die hard 2
    12. Love Actually
    13. Trading Places
    14. The Goonies
    15. National Lampoons
    And I need to get a copy of the following
    1. Santa clause the movie
    2. Muppets Christmas Carol
    3. The Grinch
    4. Bad Santa
    5. The snow man

Is it wrong that I have seen each and every one of those more than twice?

I absolutely love the cynicism of Bad Santa. Can't stand Love Actually. :D

Miracle on 34th????

• Registered Users Posts: 3,810 ✭✭✭Jude13

bladespin wrote: »
    Miracle on 34th????

The 90's version or 1947? Never watched it growing up

Jude13 wrote: »
    The 90's version or 1947? Never watched it growing up

Either TBH, both are great.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,363 ✭✭✭washiskin

leahyl wrote: »
    My First Christmas cake is in the oven! I had a sneaky taste of the cake mixture and it's yum! Just hoping I have the right temp on the oven cos the knob doesn't show the temps anymore - the numbers faded off it so it's guesswork! :-O

Invest in an oven thermometer - they're cheap as chips & are a must for bakers. Discovered my oven can be off by 10-20 degrees at times. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,274 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

washiskin wrote: »
    Invest in an oven thermometer - they're cheap as chips & are a must for bakers. Discovered my oven can be off by 10-20 degrees at times. :)

Cool Washiskin - must do that! Cake seems to be doing ok so far though! Nearly time to come out - another half hour or so :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭AG123

I cannot believe I am only finding this forum now! Absolutely love Christmas! Not long now! Love when the Christmas RTE guide comes out. I get out my highlighter and mark what I'll be watching for the Christmas.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭applesock

Arnotts have a lovely christmas store, the decorations are so beautiful. Real unusual stuff.I found it abit pricey but lovely to look around.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,264 ✭✭✭✭Alicat

Mandygav wrote: »
    I cannot believe I am only finding this forum now! Absolutely love Christmas! Not long now! Love when the Christmas RTE guide comes out. I get out my highlighter and mark what I'll be watching for the Christmas.:)

Oh you'll do well in here! :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement