Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Open the selection box- Christmas Forum Chat Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭shelly22

Heart tv are playing Christmas songs tonight
    7-9 christmas on heart
    They are playing them tomorrow night to 8-9

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭WittyNameForMe

Really cute Christmas Biscuit Tin half price at the moment (€7) in Marks & Spencer. The lights on the roof at red LED's that flash. The biscuits are little gingerbread men.

327251.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭Emcm

Jude13 wrote: »
    The 90's version or 1947? Never watched it growing up

You must watch this movie I just adore it I have to say the 90s version would be my favourite of the 2 the little girl is so adorable and Richard Attenborough (RIP)
    Made a wonderful Santa

• Registered Users Posts: 3,810 ✭✭✭Jude13

I will throw it on the list so. I hope the on coming snowmagedon doesn't hamper my (and Santa's) flight path this Christmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭SusieBlue

I had a lazy day on Sunday and watched Charlie & the Chocolate Factory, Bridget Jones Diary and Elf. Lying on the couch with the fire blazing and lots of red wine, it felt very Christmassy! Think I may have to make a habit of it every week and make a list like PP ;)

In other news I booked my tickets for the panto, very excited! I can't believe how fast this year has gone, feels like the Summer was last week! Crazy to think theres only 8 weeks left of 2014 :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,274 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Bought another Christmas gift last night - so I'm doing well! Not that I have a load to get or anything but still! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

The Christmas editions of magazines have started to appear in the shops. We're getting close. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,264 ✭✭✭✭Alicat

The Christmas editions of magazines have started to appear in the shops. We're getting close. :)

I've bought four already :o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,952 ✭✭✭funnights74

9445_892916470718793_4847907665094994535_n.jpg?oh=07cfd6b81767e2023099693a7a6af79b&oe=54EC0799&__gda__=1425324831_d30aa4c4292cec0cc384b99e3199ac65

It's always great to see The Holly Bough on sale in the shops here in Cork. Lots of interesting local history with added seasonal items.
    A great Cork tradition, a sure sign that Christmas is upon us.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,545 ✭✭✭tunguska

Anybody know when Christmas FM starts?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

tunguska wrote: »
    Anybody know when Christmas FM starts?

Nothing official yet but I'm guessing December first this year with the 27th Nov to the 30th used for testing.

Loughc wrote: »
    Nothing official yet but I'm guessing December first this year with the 27th Nov to the 30th used for testing.

Cheers. Thought it was sooner than that last year? Maybe not......

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

tunguska wrote: »
    Cheers. Thought it was sooner than that last year? Maybe not......

They only have a 30 day licence and they finish up on the 26th of December. Also they need the first few days to test the signal and app and all those good things.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭delw

Temporary Christmas shop in fairview,beside Smyths pub if any one in the area

• Registered Users Posts: 14,274 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

9445_892916470718793_4847907665094994535_n.jpg?oh=07cfd6b81767e2023099693a7a6af79b&oe=54EC0799&__gda__=1425324831_d30aa4c4292cec0cc384b99e3199ac65

It's always great to see The Holly Bough on sale in the shops here in Cork. Lots of interesting local history with added seasonal items.
    A great Cork tradition, a sure sign that Christmas is upon us.

My mum bought one the other day - really early this year I think!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,971 ✭✭✭SarahLil

I'm at home under the weather this week under strict instructions to rest, I've been on here of course to keep me occupied, love all the chat here, I also played my christmas playlist yesterday, I've been tunning into food network too I love the Christmas cooking and abit of barefoot Contessa!! Today I think il do some online window shopping, have a great day everyone look forward to all your festive posts

• Registered Users Posts: 3,810 ✭✭✭Jude13

Get well soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,351 ✭✭✭Littlehorny

The great british menu Christmas edition is on the food network this week, it's great to see top chefs do stuff and get hints and ideas off them. Richard Corrigan is on the show, the man is a genius.

Cold in the mornings walking to work, dark in the evenings walking home, halloween has past, Christmas Ads on the tv.... there must be something in the air ;)

I can't believe just how late we are in the year, it feels like only yesterday I posted in here about Christmas 2013 coming to a close and taking the decorations down.

I feel like the build up has crept up on me. Mostly because I was away for the weekend and it's month end in work so I've been very busy I haven't had a chance to appreciate we have entered the Christmas Season.

I'm going to take time this evening when I get home to throw on some Christmas tunes, update my iTunes with my Christmas playlist. Make a list of Christmas presents to buy and just generally relax and savour the feeling the season is here!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,363 ✭✭✭washiskin

Holy Crackers! :eek: The Christmas stuff in Guineys is for half nothing !

• Advertisement

I'm going to take time this evening when I get home to throw on some Christmas tunes, update my iTunes with my Christmas playlist. Make a list of Christmas presents to buy and just generally relax and savour the feeling the season is here!

Sounds like a plan. I used to be die hard, "Christmas doesnt start until December" but I think all along I was this massive crimbo whore and it all just wanted to burst out of me........I have a fierce hankering for Gremlins(could just be a fierce hankering for Phoebe cates though)so gonna throw that bad boy on when I get home.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Santa is arriving in Blanch on Saturday. Hopefully after this weekend most shops will look like Christmas has exploded all over them.

I'm currently on iTunes updating my library and I noticed both The Vamps and Sam Bailey have albums releasing on the 28th of November and both albums contain Christmas songs.

The Vamps Christmas covers are irritatingly catchy and upbeat!

• Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭amor3

Christmas fm has an app, have it downloaded since last year! Have it on every morning for the last week or so :-)❄

• Registered Users Posts: 1,971 ✭✭✭SarahLil

washiskin wrote: »
    Holy Crackers! :eek: The Christmas stuff in Guineys is for half nothing !

Have they gotten more stock in, I popped in last weekend they had a few bits, I wo never had thought of going there before until a girl in work said it

The cushions were lovely, no different the ones in Dunnes at 10 euro a pop

• Registered Users Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

Brown Thomas window is up and the lights outside :D was just listening to a Christmas Carol singer there! Wonderful!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭Lia_lia

Spotted the Christmas tree I want today :D This is my first Christmas in mine and my boyfriend's house, so going to buy a nice tree.

We always get a real one at home, so I was dead set on getting a real one. But I think it would be a bit off hassle, and a fake one would be cheaper in the long run. Once it doesn't look too fake...and this one doesn't! Bit expensive but it looks really good. Going to get it tomorrow..yay!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,273 ✭✭✭✭TommieBoy

Lia_lia, sounds like too much fun! Looks like your first Christmas together is off to a great start! :D ....enjoy every moment

• Registered Users Posts: 7,819 ✭✭✭fussyonion

Cold in the mornings walking to work, dark in the evenings walking home, halloween has past, Christmas Ads on the tv.... there must be something in the air ;)

I can't believe just how late we are in the year, it feels like only yesterday I posted in here about Christmas 2013 coming to a close and taking the decorations down.

I feel like the build up has crept up on me. Mostly because I was away for the weekend and it's month end in work so I've been very busy I haven't had a chance to appreciate we have entered the Christmas Season.

I know exactly what you mean.

I said to my OH the other night: "Do you remember me saying to you last year, as we were unpinning the decorations from the doors and walls ""That's it for another year!""?" and he said "That was never a year ago was it?!"

What I mean is..that snippet of conversation...It feels like I literally only said that to him last week.
    Cannot believe it's nearly that time again!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,819 ✭✭✭fussyonion

Bought a phone today as one of my OH's Christmas presents.
    Am actually thrilled because it was half price and it means it brings the present count to a massive TWO!

Ah well, s'better than none I suppose! :o

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement