Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Open the selection box- Christmas Forum Chat Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭delw

delw wrote: »
    Temporary Christmas shop in fairview,beside Smyths pub if any one in the area
    Went into this shop today,some nice stuff but not alot to choose from but 20% off till sunday so picked up these wireless candles for €4
    l-wireless-remote-control-christmas-tree-candles-lights-7189-91.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

Got a Christmas sambo yesterday! I love when they are back in cafés :D

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Turkey, cranberry & stuffing... yum yum....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,971 ✭✭✭SarahLil

Loughc wrote: »
    Turkey, cranberry & stuffing... yum yum....

Can't wait! I'm still resting up at home I am only itching to get going, house bound the past week, I might get himself to drive me somewhere later today even check out woodies and get my fix!! If all else fails I shall be playing Christmas music later

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭SaveOurLyric

Zwarte Piet is a minority Christmas interest in Ireland, but seems to be growing in the last few years. Good on ya.

• Advertisement

Christmas tree going up on George's Street :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,809 ✭✭✭Frigga_92

Hi everyone,

I began the big Christmas clean today so definitely starting to look forward to it all. I'm doing it room by room and giving myself way more time than last year so I'm not wrecked doing it all in one weekend!
    Starting to decide in my head where I'm going to put decorations etc. So excited!

Waiting on a call back from a cleaning service to have the windows cleaned and the outside of the house power washed, fingers crossed it won't be too much and there'll be enough money in the kitty to get it done next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

I'm watching some 90s music on MTV Classic (the best kind of music, after Christmas music of course) and they just said that from November 14th MTV Classic is changing to MTV Christmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,264 ✭✭✭✭Alicat

Malahide Garden Centre looks fabulous this year! Very well decorated, hits you right as you come in the door.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,273 ✭✭✭✭TommieBoy

I sorted thru some christmas stuff (I seem to have alot of cards particularly) for a potluck and give-away tomorrow after church. I wish I had some christmas music to play.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭WittyNameForMe

The Christmas tree has gone up in O'Connell St (pic from Dublin at Christmas facebook page)
    327790.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,080 ✭✭✭McChubbin

I have just one more gift to get and I'm done!
    Granted, I unintentionally started my Xmas shopping back in Febuary...

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Brown Thomas display this year is beautiful. I'm very impressed!!

I bought 4 presents today. I also have a detailed list in my phone on exactly what I'm getting everyone. Expect to be well sorted by the first week of December. Never been this organised for Christmas ever!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭Tindie

Went to Christmas parade in Birmingham city centre

Which I thought was really good and fun

And I just figured out the reason why I'm so organised this year.
    Last year we spent a good bit of money on decorations, artificial tree, wreaths etc so I don't have to worry about spending that amount again this year. Just going to get a few special decorations because I like getting a few extra bits every year.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,810 ✭✭✭Jude13

Watched Die Hard on Friday night, the beginning of the Christmas movie season for me. The tree goes up this weekend and am having Turkey and Ham marking a month till we fly home for Christmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,363 ✭✭✭washiskin

Watched "A Christmas Story" with a mince pie after dinner last night. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,819 ✭✭✭fussyonion

I'm itching to watch Home Alone (we watched it for the first time ever last year and thought it'd be a nice tradition to watch it every Christmas) but I'm trying to hold out a little bit longer.

I saw in B&Q they're selling a 7ft artificial Christmas tree for only €32...it looks pretty good, too.

I'm hoping to pick up some nice lights and lighty-up bits for the windows and front door this year, as last year we only had a Christmas wreath.

I usually make a Christmas cake but I'm not this year....I wonder what I could make that would still be Christmassy yet not too difficult?

fussyonion wrote: »
    I'm itching to watch Home Alone (we watched it for the first time ever last year and thought it'd be a nice tradition to watch it every Christmas) but I'm trying to hold out a little bit longer.

I saw in B&Q they're selling a 7ft artificial Christmas tree for only €32...it looks pretty good, too.

I'm hoping to pick up some nice lights and lighty-up bits for the windows and front door this year, as last year we only had a Christmas wreath.

I usually make a Christmas cake but I'm not this year....I wonder what I could make that would still be Christmassy yet not too difficult?

Home Alone is my favourite!

You could try snickerdoodles. There's a recipe in the Cooking and Recipes forum on here. They're made with nutmeg and cinnamon so they smell and taste like Christmas. I make them every year, lovely with a cuppa :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,363 ✭✭✭washiskin

fussyonion wrote: »

This: http://www.nigella.com/recipes/view/chocolate-fruit-cake

It gooey and fruity and can be made at the last minute if you don't want to ice it and above all it's so simple.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,819 ✭✭✭fussyonion

Oh wow thanks for those guys!
    I'm definitely gonna try them :)

They're puttung up the ice rink in Blanch. I don't have any interest in ice skating and it's going to make Blanch a nightmare to get into but it's a real sign that Christmas is coming so I'm all excited.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,264 ✭✭✭✭Alicat

When I was leaving the cinema in Swords on Friday, it was nearly midnight. There were about 15 men hanging up all the wreaths and garlands around the centre. I desperately wanted to stop and offer to help! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,274 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

The ice skating rink is already open in Mahon Point in Cork! The Christmas tree is up in Patrick Street and I was in town yesterday and it's really busy already! People are starting their shopping methinks!

They were playing Christmas Shoes in M&S earlier when I was buying my wrapping paper. I was not amused.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭StripedBoxers

So I've been given the go-ahead to put up our tree on Nov 28th. :D I can't wait.

Now all I'm doing is deciding what decorations will go where, etc. I'm also considering buying a few new decs, I desperately want those present decs that light up.

I'm going to Blanchardstown in early Dec for a day with the family too, so that will be fun. It's not supposed to be a shopping day, but given its all women going, there will definitely be some shopping done.

So excited.

2014 has been a horrible, horrible year for our family, so I'm looking forward to saying goodbye to it and welcoming 2015, which will hopefully be a much better year everyone :)

You can't beat Sundays for making playlist and present lists. I've started my shopping online anyway.

Does anyone know when does Magic the music channel start playing the Christmas tunes? I was hoping to have it on in the back ground while I tidy the house!

Super excited for this event :D They put on such great nights and I love love White Christmas!

https://www.facebook.com/events/789610917765921/?ref=ts&fref=ts

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭Tindie

Tindie wrote: »
    Went to Christmas parade in Birmingham city centre

Which I thought was really good and fun

Finally uploaded

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OGGB9UmxeQ4

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement