Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Open the selection box- Christmas Forum Chat Thread

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 2,587 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mystery Egg

I just put my Christmas cake in the oven. The house smells amazing. I had to listen to some Christmas music while I worked!

Exciting. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭WittyNameForMe

Hints for who will turn on the Christmas lights this year From Dublin at Christmas:

We are very excited here at Dublin at Christmas HQ to announce who will be turning on the Christmas Lights on Grafton Street and Henry Street this week! We hope you don't find our first guests too rude, and rumour has it they'll be joined by someone you are either going to love or hate!! All will be revealed tomorrow!!

Lights will be switched on at 5pm on Grafton St this Thursday (13th) and at 4pm on Henry Street Sunday (16th)! Lots of fun and great entertainment guaranteed!!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Hints for who will turn on the Christmas lights this year From Dublin at Christmas:

We are very excited here at Dublin at Christmas HQ to announce who will be turning on the Christmas Lights on Grafton Street and Henry Street this week! We hope you don't find our first guests too rude, and rumour has it they'll be joined by someone you are either going to love or hate!! All will be revealed tomorrow!!

Lights will be switched on at 5pm on Grafton St this Thursday (13th) and at 4pm on Henry Street Sunday (16th)! Lots of fun and great entertainment guaranteed!!

Original Rudeboys and someone from Love/Hate :P

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭StripedBoxers

I was in such a Christmassy mood earlier that I made snickerdoodles so now the house smells deliciously cinnamony. Dying to eat them. Nom.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

It seems Love/Hate temporarly Tommy'd boards for a bit. Should we ever lose connection to boards for whatever reason in the future, just use the hastag #boardschristmas on Twitter and we'll come calling! ;)

• Advertisement

Just listening to the Ray Foley show this morning and after the 7.30 news update he started playing Shakin Stevens Merry Christmas Everyone. I almost leapt out of my seat on the DART!

But he cut in 10 seconds in and goes nooooo it's far to early for this. It turns out it was to slag off people who put up their decorations up too early and they're naming and shaming people for it.

I almost cried despite the fact I have the song on my iPhone there's something about hearing christmas songs on the radio live!!! Hurry up christmas I'm ready for it haha!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭Broken Strings

The Brown Thomas Christmas display in Cork looks especially nice this year!

Need to feel a bit more festive as I haven't been feeling myself for the past couple of weeks. So my fiance, in a bid to cheer me up, has agreed that the tree should go up next week and that he's going to sing me a different Christmas song every day this week.

Normally I'd have all the Christmas shopping done in July :p I haven't even started yet this year though.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

Saw them setting up a small Christmas Market on Stephen's Green this morning :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 600 ✭✭✭SMJSF

Saw them setting up a small Christmas Market on Stephen's Green this morning 

I have planned to take a visit when the grafton st lights are being turned on on the 13th... (:

SMJSF wrote: »
    I have planned to take a visit when the grafton st lights are being turned on on the 13th... (:

It's also the official opening of the Christmas Market :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,274 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Christmas Lights are going on in Cork on Thursday evening - apparently they've spent more money on lights this year - no harm, they've been abysmal the last few years :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,952 ✭✭✭funnights74

No harm, they modernized Patrick street a few years ago and then added lights that "Blended in" almost to the point of not being noticed, it definitely affected the amount of people that shopped there, hopefully this will give it a much needed boost, the place is dying on its feet.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

I can't wait for that Christmas Market. I'm not a fan of the one in the IFSC so hopefully the Stephen's Green one will be better. There will be a food market in Dublin Castle from 30th December to 1st January too.

I ordered a couple of cards on Etsy and they arrived today. This is my favourite.

il_570xN.648119032_9dx9.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 14,274 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

I can't wait for that Christmas Market. I'm not a fan of the one in the IFSC so hopefully the Stephen's Green one will be better. There will be a food market in Dublin Castle from 30th December to 1st January too.

I ordered a couple of cards on Etsy and they arrived today. This is my favourite.

il_570xN.648119032_9dx9.jpg

OMG Bobblehead Panda how much are those cards?! They are amazing!!

Here's a link. Not that cheap really but it was perfect for my sister. Etsy is great for really cool cards.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,809 ✭✭✭Frigga_92

Oh god I want to buy all the Christmas stuff on etsy.

I work in Carrick-on-Suir and there's a little discount shop in the town called Deegans and there are some really nice decorations. They have the usual pound shop stuff but they have some really nice home accessories in neutral colours but still Christmassy. Going to buy a few things on payday.

Not seeing my sister and her husband until after Christmas so we won't be swapping gifts until then. I've already bought some of my sister's presents but it takes the pressure off a bit.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 2,587 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mystery Egg

I just bought all my Christmas presents.

I also bought all the birthday presents for November and December (husband, father in law, mother, niece, nephew, godchild).

I am organized but bloody hell am I broke!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,378 ✭✭✭Cherrycola

• Registered Users Posts: 1,378 ✭✭✭Cherrycola

Ha my husband saw that obsessive Christmas disorder one the other day and said it would be perfect for this forum!

• Advertisement

Ha my husband saw that obsessive Christmas disorder one the other day and said it would be perfect for this forum!

It can be our uniform!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,809 ✭✭✭Frigga_92

I got some lovely Christmas earrings in Penneys. They also have some lovely Christmas jumpers. I may have to buy one.

I got some lovely Christmas earrings in Penneys. They also have some lovely Christmas jumpers. I may have to buy one.

I must pick up a jumper this weekend too! I'm just in the door and I noticed one of the neighbours have their christmas lights in the window up and turned on! The 28th needs to hurry up haha!!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

They're lovely bobbleheadpanda! Might pick up a packet myself.

Does anybody know enough about the Dublin Christmas markets/fairs to recommend one? We will be going for atmosphere rather than shopping and I'll have a new baby. So much more interested in somewhere which will have indoor as well as outdoor areas, somewhere to relax, food etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭Love2love

Picked up some Yankee Candles (Christmas Eve & Red Apple Wreath) in Arnotts Christmas shop, reduced to €7 from €16.95 :) They've other Christmas scents too if anyone is interested.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭fro9etb8j5qsl2

Can't believe that this time last week I was considering not putting up any decorations this year as I'm pregnant and the thought of the cleaning and decorating makes me want to weep. All it took to change my mind was wandering into this forum accidentally yesterday and seeing that a few people have their trees up already :D I'm itching to get started now but gonna try and hold off until the end of the month. I've promised myself that nothing is happening until the whole house is spotless and in order so that should give me something to concentrate on in the meantime.

By the by, am I the only one who has noticed that we spend all this time cleaning before putting up the decorations only for the house to end up manky again from all the dust and shìte that gets thrown up when they are dragged out???

• Registered Users Posts: 3,810 ✭✭✭Jude13

Not the only one, we had a clean in our place this week. the stuff under the tv unit and behind the fridge :(

Now do I put the branches of the fake tree in the shower to clean them or just hoover them?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭fro9etb8j5qsl2

Last year, I dragged everything from the garage into the hall in a big pile and systematically doused the whole lot in dettol spray :o:D

• Advertisement

http://dublinatchristmas.ie/food/24-things-find-stephens-green-christmas-market

I'm very excited by this!!! I really hope we don't get the rain they're expecting tomorrow!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement