Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Open the selection box- Christmas Forum Chat Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Loughc wrote: »
    http://dublinatchristmas.ie/food/24-things-find-stephens-green-christmas-market

I'm very excited by this!!! I really hope we don't get the rain they're expecting tomorrow!

I'm going to leave there so fat.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

I'm going to leave there so fat.

Snap I've already earmarked all the places I want to try haha. Sure tis the season!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,264 ✭✭✭✭Alicat

I bought a Christmas jumper in Next, and two pairs of Christmas earrings in Claire's this evening. I will be properly kitted out tomorrow for the trip into town. Heading in at about half 3, or earlier if I can get off work.

I also have a Christmas Yankee lit tonight. C'mon Christmas! :D

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

I heart this cover version of an all time Christmas Classic!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,274 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Loughc wrote: »
    I heart this cover version of an all time Christmas Classic!

That's gorgeous! Love his voice!

• Advertisement

leahyl wrote: »
    That's gorgeous! Love his voice!

I'm a massive Coronas fan so this was a great addition to my playlist this year, his voice and tone really captures the mood of the song. Love it!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

The market is right by my work, think I know where to spend lunch breaks for the next while :D

Saw half the lights on George's Street turned on this evening, maybe they were testing or something but it made me so happy!

I'm getting worried about the rain now...

Alicat wrote: »

Me too the orange alert can feck off :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,810 ✭✭✭Jude13

TurkeyBraai_zps6207eb95.jpg.html]TurkeyBraai_zps6207eb95.jpg

Trying to upload the Turkey I did last night on the BBQ, however when I past the address it means anyone can click on it and get on to my photobucket account, which isn't ideal.

Any ideas on how to solve this?

• Advertisement

I bought a Christmas jumper in Next, and two pairs of Christmas earrings in Claire's this evening. I will be properly kitted out tomorrow for the trip into town. Heading in at about half 3, or earlier if I can get off work.

I also have a Christmas Yankee lit tonight. C'mon Christmas! :D

I have a few old Xmas jumpers, my OH bought me a wooly hat in M&S over here, I look like Kevin McAlister with it on. I eally want mittens with a string on them to finish it all off.

I have a yankee candle calendar so I will be cracking that open soon. I smoked a turkey on the BBQ/Braai last night and it looks pretty good. It took four hours though, I am usually in bed by 10 and had to stay up to wait till it was done and cooled down enough to put in the fridge. Going camping on the beach tonight, then tomorrow the tree goes up to mark a month till I get back to cold Ireland.:)

Jude13 wrote: »
    Trying to upload the Turkey I did last night on the BBQ, however when I past the address it means anyone can click on it and get on to my photobucket account, which isn't ideal.

If you scroll down past the reply box you'll see Manage Attachments. You can paste your URL in there (presumably right click on the image and copy image location) and it will come up as an attachment and the URL wont be visible.

When I do that you can click on the pick and get access to my photobucket account

• Registered Users Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭Tindie

Xmas song on bliss today and Xmas market in city centre stats today!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭kitten_k

Jude13 wrote: »
    TurkeyBraai_zps6207eb95.jpg.html]TurkeyBraai_zps6207eb95.jpg

When you click into your photo on photobucket, to the right there are a number of link. One of these will say IMG, click on this and it will copy, then past the copied link in here and it will show the photo

I really hope the rain eases! It said on the radio it should clear up in the afternoon so fingers crossed!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,274 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

I wouldn't be very hopeful about the rain clearing for ye up in Dublin :( It has cleared in Cork now thank God - even if I think it's a terrible time to be switching on the Christmas lights (Thursday evening like), I still wouldn't want it to be wet and miserable for it.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,562 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

It's still BUCKETING down here in Dublin city centre.

Such a pity. The weather was perfect last night for it and today it's as bad as it gets. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭delw

Still some rain to come for Dublin but hopefully will push through quick so might be lucky enough for it to stop in time for the switching on of the lights
    www.raintoday.co.uk
    Keep eye on radar

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 600 ✭✭✭SMJSF

crap - I was looking forward to spending my afternoon/evening at the St. Stephens green market and watch the crowds of workers going home... :(

It's going to clear! Give it an hour, possibly two, but it should be clear for the lights...

Here comes the sun! :D

It's beautiful now where I am. Even the weather is excited about the Christmas lights.

Boom no rain! Let's go! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,646 ✭✭✭Milly33

Hehe have me pressies wrapped and ready to go!! Yeppee only a few little bits of shopping left to do

I didn't bother risking it, wouldn't have been fair on the little one if we got caught in the rain.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,562 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

It's a lovely dry evening out now. :)

Dreadful atmosphere :( a magician that only the first few rows could see, no sign of the lights coming on.

• Advertisement

Dreadful atmosphere :( a magician that only the first few rows could see, no sign of the lights coming on.

6pm is the time for the lights

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement