Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Open the selection box- Christmas Forum Chat Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

I couldn't stay for the lights but it was lovely there. The market stalls were setting up, they looked so nice :) Massive crowd!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Great turnout. The market stalls look great with the lights on them!

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Can't wait to see the lights and the market.

Got myself a hat today. I'm very excited.

328260.JPG

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭fro9etb8j5qsl2

Does anyone know when the Late Late toy show is on this year? Wikipedia says it's tomorrow week but I would have thought this is very early?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,952 ✭✭✭funnights74

Does anyone know when the Late Late toy show is on this year? Wikipedia says it's tomorrow week but I would have thought this is very early?

28th of November, so 2 weeks from tomorrow.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,264 ✭✭✭✭Alicat

Loughc wrote: »
    Great turnout. The market stalls look great with the lights on them!

They didn't even open them! :(

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

I left early I saw some people setting up their stalls I imagined they were gonna be opened! Should be open from tomorrow though!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,952 ✭✭✭funnights74

Christmas lights were switched on in Cork last night and driving into work today Slade on 96fm, there's no turning back now (-:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,363 ✭✭✭washiskin

I really miss the colouring packs Santy used to bring me years ago......a plastic bag with proper handle with 4/5 books, new crayons & pencils. :(

That & selection Boxes being red.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,274 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Christmas lights were switched on in Cork last night and driving into work today Slade on 96fm, there's no turning back now (-:

Really??!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭Broken Strings

Tree going up tomorrow :D

Called into my mams last night only to be greeted with a bag of wrapping materials that she picked up for me in town yesterday :D

You can never have enough bows and gift tags :p

• Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭kitten_k

Alicat wrote: »
    They didn't even open them! :(

Can't believe they didn't open the stalls, that's crazy. I say alot of people went so they could have a look at the market after it.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

I just saw on Twitter that they delayed opening because of the bad weather. They're open now.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭kitten_k

Looking forward to getting a chance to go down and have a look.

Have lots of cleaning to do this weekend ahead of putting the decorations up next weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 600 ✭✭✭SMJSF

I'm really tempted to make a ornament (bauble) wreath......
    Has anybody on this ever made on before? if so, any tips? (:

I already have a Dealz wreath on my door with LED lights strung through it, but really want to make something!! (:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭bladespin

SMJSF wrote: »

I already have a Dealz wreath on my door with LED lights strung through it, but really want to make something!! (:

Martha Stewart - american legend! :cool:

SMJSF wrote: »

I made one a few years ago, I think the photo is on here somewhere...

The most important thing is, even before you even start the wreath, take the time to glue each bauble cap on properly. It's time consuming but you'll be glad of it! Otherwise when you're trying to fit so many baubles on, to make it look nice and full, the baubles pop off their pins with the pressure.

Found it!

0ABE47D74BD34E3E8493BCEF8788FE16-0000317259-0002636186-00500L-21057A5FA5C743AAB30F39E2D134BFA3.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

You made that? It's gorgeous!

Thanks! :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭fro9etb8j5qsl2

Does anyone know where I could buy a Back To The Future Lego set? Someone on this forum mentioned a few days ago that they had bought one but I can't find the original post. It's way dearer on Amazon and the Lego website charge nearly €12 for delivery :eek:

Does anyone know where I could buy a Back To The Future Lego set? Someone on this forum mentioned a few days ago that they had bought one but I can't find the original post. It's way dearer on Amazon and the Lego website charge nearly €12 for delivery :eek:

Twus me! It was sold out over here (when I was purchasing anyway) and I bought it on Amazon and got it delivered to someone I know in the UK. My total including delivery was £41 sterling. Probably get it cheaper but I didn't want to miss it!

MTV Classic are playing Christmas songs :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,358 ✭✭✭Into The Blue

I get emails from bttf.com.. They have loads of stuff like that. Don't know if they keep a back catalogue, or just do specials..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,810 ✭✭✭Jude13

kitten_k wrote: »
    When you click into your photo on photobucket, to the right there are a number of link. One of these will say IMG, click on this and it will copy, then past the copied link in here and it will show the photo

You're right it does but then anyone can click on it and enter my photo bucket account

kitten_k wrote: »
    When you click into your photo on photobucket, to the right there are a number of link. One of these will say IMG, click on this and it will copy, then past the copied link in here and it will show the photo

You're right it does but then anyone can click on it and enter my photo bucket account

How do I put a pic up from photo bucket without giving access to my account? Cheers in advance

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,562 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

I just use http://imgur.com

Click on Upload Images, choose the file from your computer and away you go. You can also edit and resize there too. And you don't need an account. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,971 ✭✭✭SarahLil

Alicat that wreath is Fab!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭applesock

Alicat the wreath is lovely , ive been tempted to make one,but haven't got around to it. I went to see nativity , dude wheres my donkey today,just to get in the mood & up to grafton street to see the lights. I wanted to go to the Christmas market but there was a massive queue to get in, at first I thought maybe it was a queue for Santa!madness decided against going in, the queue was moving quite fast but id imagine was very packed.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement