Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Open the selection box- Christmas Forum Chat Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭kitten_k

Anybody know what time the lights are actually being turned on in Henry Street tomorrow. I know it starts at 4 but don't want to be there at 4 if they are not getting turned on until later.

• Moderators Posts: 24,367 ✭✭✭✭ChewChew

Saw the coca cola ad last night and that's all I need!! :D started shoppig a few weeks ago but going to really get into it this week. Great excitement in my house now :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,248 ✭✭✭SCOOP 64

i think that add for Sainsburys is a good one, ww1 in the trences, you dont know whos advertising until the end, well done to Sainsburys!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,810 ✭✭✭Jude13

Did a Christmas dinner on Friday (a weekend day here). Turkey smoked on the braai, ham glazed with mustard honey and whiskey, homemade stuffing and put the tree up.

All with Christmas FM in the background.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,971 ✭✭✭SarahLil

ChewChew wrote: »
    Saw the coca cola ad last night and that's all I need!! :D started shoppig a few weeks ago but going to really get into it this week. Great excitement in my house now :D

ChewChew I couldn't believe my eyes when I seen the coco cola ad, delighted I was, I done some Christmas shopping yesterday and today, then online last night with Christmas music playing on magic!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

So has anyone been to the market in St Stephen's Green yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭applesock

So has anyone been to the market in St Stephen's Green yet?

I went up today , if you walk towards the shelbourne there's an entrance further down , so you don't have to queue. As for the stalls themselves , i didn't think they where great. There is alot of food stalls. We got a pulled pork bap for 6e also you can get a hot chocolate & shot of brandy for 5e ( didnt try it ) Alot of mulled wine, smells lovely but i dont like the taste. No many places to sit down. I enjoyed just walking through & the atmosphere.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,264 ✭✭✭✭Alicat

Our Christmas windows are being done tomorrow :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭liamo22

This is weirdly fantastic :L

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

I have only 18 working days until my Christmas Holidays! :eek:

And those days are filling up both in and out of work with things to do! I have no idea how I'm gonna fit in the Christmas presents shopping haha!

I can't believe how far down the road to Christmas we are! It's picking up great speed now!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,274 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Loughc wrote: »
    I have only 18 working days until my Christmas Holidays! :eek:

And those days are filling up both in and out of work with things to do! I have no idea how I'm gonna fit in the Christmas presents shopping haha!

I can't believe how far down the road to Christmas we are! It's picking up great speed now!

Was just saying that - can't believe how few weekends left for shopping :eek: I haven't got my Christmas party outfit either, which I hate, not being organised you know. Always end up wearing a dressy top and pants, but feel I should be wearing a Christmassy dress!

Then have to do present shopping and other things going on. Christmas tree going up next Friday so must clean the house thoroughly beforehand!! AAAGGGH not enough time!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 397 ✭✭FactCheck

I was determined to fit in a day in the city doing Christmas shopping before the end of November, and I've just realised, I don't have the time! :eek:

It's getting SO CLOSE!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,971 ✭✭✭SarahLil

Yes so few shopping weekends left, two of those weekends will be taken up by decorating my house then staying over in mams decorating hers while getting a takeaway and having a few drinks

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 2,587 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mystery Egg

I have it all done. Amazon is my friend!

Taking the day off work on Friday and gonna spend it with the hubby wrapping our pressies and drinking wine. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭fro9etb8j5qsl2

Amazon is great but I'm kinda annoyed cos I ordered one of my pressies from amazon.de, it was working out 50 or 60 cheaper, 5 days later though it STILL hasn't been dispatched, even though it is supposedly in stock, and now the item has been reduced on amazon.co.uk to the same price that I paid :( I'm half tempted to cancel the original order and just get it from the uk.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

Had my first Mince pie of the season last night. It was very tasty!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,236 ✭✭✭javagal

Is Christmas fm back on guys?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

javagal wrote: »
    Is Christmas fm back on guys?

It's officially starting on November 29th but you can listen on the app and website now.

Count on one hand peeps! Woooooo!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,952 ✭✭✭funnights74

I think it's ok to post this here, promo for the Toy show next week, i think RTE have really nailed it with this one.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators Posts: 24,367 ✭✭✭✭ChewChew

Hit smyths on thursday night and got all my nieces and nephews sorted then straight after work yesterday went to Blanch and Liffey valley and got my mam, siblings and oh sorted. Just a few more little bits to get but I have 90% shopping done now. Think, given how miserable it is outside, I'll make my christmas puddings!!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭StripedBoxers

I finally got most things for my best friend, only two more things to get her and that's her sorted. I've all her stuff wrapped and I'll wrap the make up bits separately when I get them.

Made a start on my bf, got him some shirts in Penneys, they had loads reduced to €3 from €8 and he loves them, so I said why not get him more. I'll pick up a few bits for him over the next few weeks and hopefully get him sorted within the next two weeks.

Also going to get mam sorted this week coming hopefully. Waiting for her to decide what she wants, so far she's only chosen one pair of earrings, so hopefully she'll choose a few more bits too, if not I'll get her a voucher or something.

She has loads of perfume, make up, body care, skin care etc. and she is impossible to buy clothes for so vouchers is the only way to go.

As for my granny, I'll get her what I always get her (and the only thing she uses) a pair of good slippers and some chocolates, and maybe a blouse or something different to go with them.

Then its all done. This time last year I had everything wrapped at this stage so I feel very unorganised this year so next year I am planning on picking up bits and pieces as I see them throughout the year and having it all done by Nov if possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭kitten_k

So anyone watch the TV3 Toy Show?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭fro9etb8j5qsl2

4 trees have appeared on my fb news feed since last night..... EEEKKKKK I'm itching to get decorating now!! Maybe tomorrow......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 481 ✭✭Deenie123

Really looking forward to the 1st, I decided that for the bulk of my mum's present I'd do something like an advent calendar similar to the benefit one or the No7 one, but I bought different bits and pieces myself. Christmas mug, some nail varnishes, lipglosses, shower gels, different little things (that together cost a lot!). Also got the cutest little advent squirrel in TKMaxx, it's a little felted squirrel in a christmas jumper on top of a box that has 2 cubes in it, which you can arrange to give the day of advent.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

kitten_k wrote: »
    So anyone watch the TV3 Toy Show?

Yeah. I really didn't think much of it. Not a patch on the Late Late toy show. Karen was great, Brian and Jedward were...not so good. Too many ad breaks and the audience got nothing! Camera work was awful and they kept cutting off kid reviews for their precious ad breaks...

Really looking forward to the LLTS next Friday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 481 ✭✭Deenie123

I'm missing the toy show :(

Going out to a charity do that night, will have to watch it on repeat

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

This forum isn't doing my pre Christmas giddiness any good. I had great news that I'm off Christmas Day and Stephen's day for first time in donkey's years.

Going over to UK next month for couple of days to see my dad who's unwell. As well as that, I'll be taking suitcase full of pressies to my family there, and coming back with same with presents for my kids from them all. Still cheaper than posting them with An Post / Royal Mail.

• Registered Users Posts: 600 ✭✭✭SMJSF

I recorded the toy show, I ended up turning it off 10 minutes in... wasn't that good!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,810 ✭✭✭Jude13

25 days till I go home so we are opening the yankee candle house tonight.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement