Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Open the selection box- Christmas Forum Chat Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 481 ✭✭Deenie123

Stir up Sunday! Pudding fruits sitting soaking since this morning, plus will give the cake a bit of a feed. Pudding to be boiled this evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,264 ✭✭✭✭Alicat

Making Christmas cake, drinking Irish Coffees and watching A Christmas Story :D

(Look what's on top of the TV :p )

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Oh my god I love the trucks where did you get them??

Loughc wrote: »

My brother got them in his college canteen about five years ago; they were giving them out free with bottles of coke :)

• Moderators Posts: 24,367 ✭✭✭✭ChewChew

Deenie123 wrote: »
    Stir up Sunday! Pudding fruits sitting soaking since this morning, plus will give the cake a bit of a feed. Pudding to be boiled this evening.

I made my yesterday evening so have them sitting overnight for about 20 hours or so and just put the first one on :D smell is amazing!!!!!

• Advertisement

Alicat, my little dude has those trucks. They light up I think :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭kitten_k

Put the decorations up today. Lovely sitting here with it all lit up. (Will put a picture in the thread tomorrow)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭bladespin

Still way to early for me but have it all planned and bought, just ready to attack around the 8th.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,810 ✭✭✭Jude13

Watched Polar Express last night whilst taking in the smell of the yankee candle from the Advent calendar. A month till Christmas eve.

There was/is a Chritmas eve tradition thread on here. I have a huge fear of flying and last year I copied and pasted some of the stories on to my ipad and read them as I walked down the boarding bridge as an aid to get me on the plane. I will be doing the same this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,274 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Jude13 wrote: »
    Watched Polar Express last night whilst taking in the smell of the yankee candle from the Advent calendar. A month till Christmas eve.

There was/is a Chritmas eve tradition thread on here. I have a huge fear of flying and last year I copied and pasted some of the stories on to my ipad and read them as I walked down the boarding bridge as an aid to get me on the plane. I will be doing the same this year.

Aaaaw that's lovely - I started that thread, one of my greatest achievements :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

So did anyone end up watching the TV3 toy show? I didn't get around to watching it but I've hear nothing but awful things about it, was it really that bad?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,994 ✭✭✭DenMan

My mam bought a can of Guinness yesterday when she went shopping. She's starting the pudding soon and asked me to get her some Christmas songs for the mp3 player in the conservatory, as she's going to be cleaning it soon in preparation of getting it ready for the decorations. Plus we're sending our Christmas presents to my brother in China soon. It's all getting very magical over here now! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭bladespin

Jude13 wrote: »
    Watched Polar Express last night.

Snap, the whole family glued to the tv, beautiful.

o06zcz.jpg

I had this for lunch today, it was amazing!! With a name like that how could I leave it on the shelf!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

Alicat wrote: »
    My brother got them in his college canteen about five years ago; they were giving them out free with bottles of coke :)

I was about to ask the same thing, they are so cool!

After being one of the biggest fans of Christmas you would ever meet since being a child, last year was very different. I wished I could just hide under my duvet and forget it was happening. About a week ago, something just clicked and I was back in Christmas mode....I'm sitting at my desk listening to Chrismtas music at the moment and looking forward to watching the toy show on Friday night :D

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Christmas music makes me really productive. I just did the ironing with MTV Christmas on the TV. I even ironed some of my husband's shirts. I never iron his shirts. (He's better at it!) It was a breeze with Christmas music on.

Christmas music makes me really productive. I just did the ironing with MTV Christmas on the TV. I even ironed some of my husband's shirts. I never iron his shirts. (He's better at it!) It was a breeze with Christmas music on.

I have plenty of shirts that need ironing too! I'll send them over to you along with Now That's What I Call Christmas! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

I have plenty of shirts that need ironing too! I'll send them over to you along with Now That's What I Call Christmas! :pac:

:D

You're Christmas mod now, you'll need to keep that CD as the soundtrack to your life from now on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭fro9etb8j5qsl2

Right! Can't put this off any longer! *goes to start dragging out the decorations*

:D

You're Christmas mod now, you'll need to keep that CD as the soundtrack to your life from now on.

Wooo! I only saw that now! Well done (please don't kick me out over my Elf On The Shelf obsession :D:D:D)

• Advertisement

So did anyone end up watching the TV3 toy show? I didn't get around to watching it but I've hear nothing but awful things about it, was it really that bad?

We watched it. It was crap. It was embarrassing it was so bad. Even the small people were bored. Bored, but hyper from all the colourful Christmas crap I let them eat at that hour. I won't miss Eastenders for it next year ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 481 ✭✭Deenie123

Started watching it, the first act seemed okay (if a little adult indulgent).. Then they started talking and I toughed it out til Jedward arrived. Muted it, then when they shut up I tried toughing it out a little longer.... And switched off about a minute later.

Really, really, really bad. At that stage of the real proper toy show I'm usually entranced...

Mayo Gurl wrote: »
    Wooo! I only saw that now! Well done (please don't kick me out over my Elf On The Shelf obsession :D:D:D)

You're in luck I've only recently stumbled across Elf on the shelf and I'm obsessed! Just wish I had came across it years ago when my nieces and nephews could have appreciate it!

You're in luck I've only recently stumbled across Elf on the shelf and I'm obsessed! Just wish I had came across it years ago when my nieces and nephews could have appreciate it!

Aren't they the most adorable little things? I reckon that a range of pets are going to be introduced each year. I got the aviator set for Buddy and the skating set and last year got him the hat and scarf. We have a girl so got the snowflake skirt, satin one and the tartan. They are a well dressed duo.

I got their dvd about two years ago in Tesco. Its called An Elf's Story. I think its available to watch on youtube, but you can't watch it unless you have hot chocolate and candy canes to hand....

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭StripedBoxers

I started the cleaning today in preparation for Friday.

Going to buy a tree skirt this year I think too, we never usually bother with them but I think it'd be nice for a change :) Anyone know where I'd get a cheap one?

Think I'm going to get the candles in this pic too and recreate something similar with the baubles at home as I really love the baubles and candles together and the colours are in theme with what I am doing anyway :)

themcandles_large.jpg

• Moderators Posts: 24,367 ✭✭✭✭ChewChew

DenMan wrote: »
    My mam bought a can of Guinness yesterday when she went shopping. She's starting the pudding soon and asked me to get her some Christmas songs for the mp3 player in the conservatory, as she's going to be cleaning it soon in preparation of getting it ready for the decorations. Plus we're sending our Christmas presents to my brother in China soon. It's all getting very magical over here now! :)

I mixed my puddings on Saturday and left it for about 20 hours and then yesterday starting cooking them. Smell of christmas in my house is just amazing :D

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭Scarinae

I bought tinsel today for my desk at work. It's allowed because it is only a month to Christmas Eve!

I'm also in charge of my office Secret Santa, partly due to my enthusiasm for Christmas and partly because I won't actually be at the work Christmas party and can therefore keep a list of who got who.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭fro9etb8j5qsl2

Think I'm going to get the candles in this pic too and recreate something similar with the baubles at home as I really love the baubles and candles together and the colours are in theme with what I am doing anyway :)

That looks gorgeous! I'm a great fan of baubles as well, I fire them into bowls and glass vases with battery operated fairy lights :D I'd love to do the candle thing but my OH hates candles :( I made some of these a few years ago with just baubles and that paper ribbon stuff, they were soooooo easy to do and they look great:
    http://www.christmasstyle.co.uk/images/products/2434_2_1.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭delw

Not going to do the christmas jumper this year because to warm in it last year ( wife not happy :) ) so im going to look for a t-shirt instead but do pennys have any,can't recall seeing any

• Advertisement

Not sure about Penneys, but Dunnes have a few. Click on the colours to change the t-shirt design.

Here :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement