Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Open the selection box- Christmas Forum Chat Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Nope, only €8.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

This time last year I was at the Cologne Christmas market, best holiday ever! Couldn't go this year, but just finishing up a long day at college and heading to the market on Stephens green for a look and some dinner :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,971 ✭✭✭SarahLil

This time last year I was at the Cologne Christmas market, best holiday ever! Couldn't go this year, but just finishing up a long day at college and heading to the market on Stephens green for a look and some dinner :)

Do tell us how the market was? I'm not hearing great things so far but it's still early

• Registered Users Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭Tindie

Seen a few house with decorations up! , will putting tree today or tomorrow,

And on Monday will be doing my Xmas shopping.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,809 ✭✭✭Frigga_92

Started putting up decorations today.
    We don't use our sitting room at all and our tree goes in the hall so it's not in the same room as our dogs. This means that the majority of the decorating is done in the kitchen. I'm about half way through now.
    So tired after it all.
    Had to go into town and buy our new washing machine today and my husband bought my Christmas present :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,810 ✭✭✭Jude13

Spent the morning yesterday at the pool, got sunburn and homesick seeing the foggy pictures of home.
    In the afternoon we threw on the toy show and lit more advent calendar candles, then watched elf at night.
    The toy show was excellent this year, I thought it was the best I have seen.

I think I have two pressies left to get. I was thinking of getting my folks a weekend away in Ireland somewhere like Mount Juliet, is there any good deals out there?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,563 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Finally wrapped my first present of the year!!

Kkn06L4.jpg

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Wow fanastic wrapping skills. Will you wrap mine for me?!!

• Registered Users Posts: 600 ✭✭✭SMJSF

Did anyone go and see the turning on of the O'Connell Street lights? if so, any good?

I would have gone myself, but I wasn't up for the crowds... little bit of a lazy sod today!

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭Scarinae

Absolutely beautiful wrapping Posy :)

I don't wrap my presents until I get home because I've learned through experience that putting a wrapped present in a suitcase isn't a great idea... It seems silly wrapping presents only a couple of days before they're opened though, I much prefer having them under the tree for ages!

• Advertisement

I'm so impressed with that bow, Posy.

I did some wrapping today too. I only use ribbon at Christmas so it took awhile to remember how to do it!

oKYhAHT.jpg

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,563 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

That is great paper!

I'm the same- I only use ribbon, never bows. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

Anyone with an Android phone, highly recommend this app for your background wallpaper. Costs a couple of euro but worth every penny, very customisable and very festive.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.dualboot.apps.christmas

May well have been mentioned before, so apologies if it has.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,971 ✭✭✭SarahLil

Excellent wrapping Posy and Bobblehead Panda love the colours any tips I've never used ribbons? Had a lazy afternoon listened to Christmas music then watched polar express, I did have a productive morning did the grocery shop which included stocking up on supplies for the Christmas, picked up some Dunnes brand fruit slices with marzipan on top very festive!

The wrapping skills are fantastic. I wrapped 6 presents last night, defo not worth taking photos of :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,962 ✭✭✭r93kaey5p2izun

Is anyone else very disappointed with the TV Christmas film offerings so far - seems less than usual for the time of year. I was sure it would all have kicked off by this weekend. I'm talking about the regular channels now, the four Irish ones and the main British ones (BBC1 and 2, UTV and C4).

There was one film yesterday and one today. Listings say one film for next Saturday. Very disappointing

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭Hufflepuff

Is anyone else very disappointed with the TV Christmas film offerings so far - seems less than usual for the time of year. I was sure it would all have kicked off by this weekend. I'm talking about the regular channels now, the four Irish ones and the main British ones (BBC1 and 2, UTV and C4).

There was one film yesterday and one today. Listings say one film for next Saturday. Very disappointing

That's because SKY have got the rights or something to most of the good Christmas movies , same thing last year. None of the other stations in Ireland or UK could / can show them as they are all being shown on SKY Christmas (movie channel).

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 479 ✭✭In Lonesome Dove

SarahLil wrote: »
    Excellent wrapping Posy and Bobblehead Panda love the colours any tips I've never used ribbons?

I have to second this. The wrapping is looking great. I love wrapping very much. I laugh so much when I'm asked at counters - do want this gift wrapped? Ah, no, not at all, I'm alright, thank you.
    Had a lazy afternoon listened to Christmas music then watched polar express, I did have a productive morning did the grocery shop which included stocking up on supplies for the Christmas, picked up some Dunnes brand fruit slices with marzipan on top very festive!

I did a grocery shop with tesco - the online grocery shop with delivery is a great way to shop. I'm always in charge of desserts every Xmas and in my tesco shop I added a load of ice cream. Sitting in my freezer is a huge selection of ice cream - 10 tubs to be precise of different ice creams. Romantica is yet to be added. And there's only 3 of us for Xmas this year. I'll go to a bakery on Xmas eve and pick up some tarts and brownies. I'll get jelly and dream topping somewhere along the way.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 479 ✭✭In Lonesome Dove

The Shrek movies are great I think. They are always a favourite with me anyways but I noticed RTE had a Shriek movie on Saturday and last week too. That's disappointing because I doubt RTE will have Shrek on during the Xmas. But then again, I have the Shriek box set so I'll root that out.

I hope to pop into hmv before the Xmas sometime to pick a few movies to watch over Xmas.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,962 ✭✭✭r93kaey5p2izun

Hufflepuff wrote: »
    That's because SKY have got the rights or something to most of the good Christmas movies , same thing last year. None of the other stations in Ireland or UK could / can show them as they are all being shown on SKY Christmas (movie channel).

That's very disappointing. So no Home Alone or Elf or The Santa Clause for the rest of us?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭Hufflepuff

That's very disappointing. So no Home Alone or Elf or The Santa Clause for the rest of us?

I'v just bought most of my fave movies on DVD , only about €5 each :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

It's December!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,952 ✭✭✭funnights74

Hufflepuff wrote: »
    I'v just bought most of my fave movies on DVD , only about €5 each :-)

I've seen them in bargain bins in stores around the place so no excuses for anyone to miss them out.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,810 ✭✭✭Jude13

Our star goes on topic the tree tonight, now that's its December. We have a heathen/ multi denominational tree, pagan tree, star of David on top and a Quran on the tree. Tip of the hat to the faiths in the house, no one is left out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,358 ✭✭✭Into The Blue

Jude13 wrote: »
    Our star goes on topic the tree tonight, now that's its December. We have a heathen/ multi denominational tree, pagan tree, star of David on top and a Quran on the tree. Tip of the hat to the faiths in the house, no one is left out.

One branch left empty for atheism?? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭StripedBoxers

I put up my tree last night :D:D:D It's not the best looking thing but I'm kinda happy with it. I can always (and probably will) buy more decs for it.

Might even take down the decs that are on it and move the branches etc around to help with it. We'll see.

I got the first few "your item has been shipped" e-mails today after a weekend of shopping like mad. Can't wait to get everything :D

Excellent wrapping Posy and Bobblehead Panda love the colours any tips I've never used ribbons?

I wrapped the rest of my presents and most of them are dreadful looking. :D The most important thing to remember when wrapping presents is to never ever buy anything that isn't square or rectangle. :pac: There are loads of videos on You Tube that show you how to use ribbons on presents. Ribbon covers all your mistakes!

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭Scarinae

I'm always in charge of desserts every Xmas and in my tesco shop I added a load of ice cream. Sitting in my freezer is a huge selection of ice cream - 10 tubs to be precise of different ice creams. Romantica is yet to be added.

Be really careful that nobody unplugs your freezer! This happened to us one year - 18 tubs of Ben & Jerry's and Haagen Dazs ice cream melted :eek: We tried to re-freeze them but they were all filled with crystals and pretty much inedible

• Advertisement

I got the first few "your item has been shipped" e-mails today after a weekend of shopping like mad. Can't wait to get everything :D

Just got the first frustrating courier phone call :mad:
    Thankfully only one of the places I ordered from uses UPS.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement