Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Open the selection box- Christmas Forum Chat Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭Tarzana2

Last year's self reminding me how much of genius I am

Doesn't everyone (with sense) do that? :rolleyes::pac: That's what kitchen paper cardboard inserts are made for!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,264 ✭✭✭✭Alicat

Tarzana2 wrote: »
    Doesn't everyone (with sense) do that? :rolleyes::pac: That's what kitchen paper cardboard inserts are made for!

We've been doing it for donkeys with rolled up newspapers!

Christmas Kitty...

F7FD0221EE1E4B98B1F1E1206BCE7AF5-0000317259-0003702364-00640L-5D4EC7A6566C4605B6CB2BD2A4332853.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭we'llallhavetea

jesus christ alicat, your cat is stunning!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭StripedBoxers

I'm going into town early today and will hopefully get my shopping all finished today too. I know exactly what I have to get, so all I need to do is get it.

Excited to get it all done so I can start wrapping things :D

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

I saw Santa when I was on the way to the shop earlier. He was in a horse drawn carriage (gorgeous horses) with two elves. I was so excited when I saw him coming around the corner! I think he must have been going to one of the creches in the area or something.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 479 ✭✭In Lonesome Dove

I did a load of cleaning to my sitting room and took my tree out from the box on Tuesday night. It's a new tree this year and it has built in led lights and anyways I discovered a branch that was half bare without any green fibre bits and also a loose wire sticking out from the branch.

Incredibly disappointed that I can't stick up the tree and will have to organise a return and another tree.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,545 ✭✭✭tunguska

I was checking around on the google machine for Christmas radio stations from around the world and Christmas radio live from the states is absolutely brilliant. They play some great songs, stuff you just wouldn't normally hear this side of the world.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,994 ✭✭✭DenMan

Bought the Christmas RTE Guide after work this evening! It's officially Christmas. :D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Sorry I haven't been around over the last few days on here. I've been a bit busy! I proposed to my girlfriend and thankfully she said yes!!

Happy christmas!! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Congratulations! You picked a lovely time of year to propose.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,563 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Congratulations, Loughc!! :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,008 ✭✭✭gidget

Congratulations Loughc

• Registered Users Posts: 2,772 ✭✭✭Jwacqui

Loughc wrote: »
    Sorry I haven't been around over the last few days on here. I've been a bit busy! I proposed to my girlfriend and thankfully she said yes!!

I couldn't say anything else but yes!!!

Just let you all know he did it so romantically! And it really is the perfect time of year, so magical!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,008 ✭✭✭gidget

Congratulations to you too, Jwacqui! Another reason for you both to enjoy Christmas even more in the future as you will always remember him proposing at this time :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭carolinespring

Massive congratulations Loughc & Jwacqui. Perfect couple

• Moderators Posts: 24,367 ✭✭✭✭ChewChew

Awe congratulations Loughc and Jwacqui :) what a fab time to get engaged and to spread some happiness and christmas cheer :)

• Registered Users Posts: 792 ✭✭✭Ziegfeldgirl27

Is on repeat in our house. I love this so much, great mix of classic tunes and modern. Plus I love Michael….just saw him in Belfast on Friday night and he sang Let it Snow it was magic!

• Registered Users Posts: 600 ✭✭✭SMJSF

congrats to you both (:
    For some reason I thought "louchc" was a woman, until he said he proposed! My bad!! :-D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,810 ✭✭✭Jude13

SMJSF wrote: »
    congrats to you both (:
    For some reason I thought "louchc" was a woman, until he said he proposed! My bad!! :-D

Same here, the internet is weird.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

I feel a few bans coming on :P

No I'm def a man. But my love for Christmas may water my manliness down over the Internet haha!

Loughc wrote: »

Why do I get sick and miss the scandal!?!? Big congratulations to you both! Christmas is the most wonderful time to get engaged. Wishing you both many happy and healthy years together xxx

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

Congrats Loughc and Jwacqui :)!

Mayo Gurl wrote: »
    Why do I get sick and miss the scandal!?!? Big congratulations to you both! Christmas is the most wonderful time to get engaged. Wishing you both many happy and healthy years together xxx

Thanks!! :) Hope you're feeling better!! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,971 ✭✭✭SarahLil

Congrats Loughc and Jwacqui great news, wonderful time of year

• Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

Congrats!!

To add to the thread happy, my lil boy made his appearance on sat night and he was the weight of the baby in the snapper (small Turkey!). And we should be going home later today. He gets to see his first Christmas tree!

• Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭Staph

There's a whole lot of xmas warm and fuzzies in this thread! Congrats to the newly engaged couple and a big welcome home to Whispereds new baby!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭bladespin

Whispered, congrats, it will be a very special Christmas for you.

• Advertisement

Whispered wrote: »
    Congrats!!

To add to the thread happy, my lil boy made his appearance on sat night and he was the weight of the baby in the snapper (small Turkey!). And we should be going home later today. He gets to see his first Christmas tree!

Congratulations!!! That's great news!! Baby's first Christmas, he's one of us now! :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement