Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Open the selection box- Christmas Forum Chat Thread

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,562 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

I find snow miserable in this country. It fecks up the transport systems and the roads end up like ice-rinks. It'd be grand if we were equipped to deal with it as a nation. It's like the heat- the Irish don't do extremes well!

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭Emcm

Mashedbanana those garlands sound beautiful you will have to post pics in December. I am not very confident about doing things like that but I suppose I could give it a lash I am just sick of spending money on all these garlands and I am never happy with them.

I am always drooling watching American Christmas movies they have gorgeous garlands and trees.

I am laughing at all the snow posts I could do with a bit now to cool down the kids are up all night with the heat so we are all a little cranky !!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,363 ✭✭✭washiskin

In honour of the late great Mel Smith:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,274 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

washiskin wrote: »
    In honour of the late great Mel Smith:

Is that who it was....I only realised now that that was him in that song!! I had no clue who he was otherwise....R.I.P

• Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭mashedbanana

Emcm wrote: »
    Mashedbanana those garlands sound beautiful you will have to post pics in December. I am not very confident about doing things like that but I suppose I could give it a lash I am just sick of spending money on all these garlands and I am never happy with them.

I am always drooling watching American Christmas movies they have gorgeous garlands and trees.

I am laughing at all the snow posts I could do with a bit now to cool down the kids are up all night with the heat so we are all a little cranky !!!!
    Heres another idea, you could buy 2 pishkey cheap ones, and with some green wire (of the garden variety) twist and intertwine the 2 together. You have one serious, lush, full, garland. Then decorate & add to as you desire. :-)

• Advertisement

Posy wrote: »
    I find snow miserable in this country. It fecks up the transport systems and the roads end up like ice-rinks. It'd be grand if we were equipped to deal with it as a nation. It's like the heat- the Irish don't do extremes well!
    A couple of good winter tyres! I take mine off in the spring, and put them back on in October. I'd be lost without them, I live in the country, and in 5 years we are here, only on 1 occasion did the council salt/grit our road. Many a bad day I was out and about, when NO ONE could move, and many were even stuck. Even very decent remoulds aren't too bad, as new winter tyres are expensive. I trust my tyre man though!

I like snow tbh....it makes everything clean and pure, and kina forces us to be slowed/quietened. Which isn't always a bad thing. Talking of us Irish not taking extremes too well... it was 22deg here where I am today. I was cold. We all were! Looks like we have grown accustomed to the heat! and here I was all along laughing at the foreigners wearing there jackets in the scorching heat for the last few weeks! Couldn't understand it. Now I do! If this winter is a bad one, I hope the council have their act together!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 66 ✭✭corklad12

I was just thinking there that the Argos Autumn/Winter catalogue will be out in a few days and it will have all the Top Christmas toys for 2013 in it as well as gifts and the decorations.

corklad12 wrote: »
    I was just thinking there that the Argos Autumn/Winter catalogue will be out in a few days and it will have all the Top Christmas toys for 2013 in it as well as gifts and the decorations.

Its out next Saturday! I always head straight to the back of it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭Rookey

I can't hold it in anymore! I never really login and post but I have to say I you people make me so happy! I check this forum everyday and always puts a smile on my face... So for me Christmas will be better than ever as I'm due my fist baby in Dec.... already looking for gifts and decorations as I got to be super organised and I'm moving into a new house in Oct so I'll have my new family for Christmas:D:D:D:D:D

Rookey wrote: »
    I can't hold it in anymore! I never really login and post but I have to say I you people make me so happy! I check this forum everyday and always puts a smile on my face... So for me Christmas will be better than ever as I'm due my fist baby in Dec.... already looking for gifts and decorations as I got to be super organised and I'm moving into a new house in Oct so I'll have my new family for Christmas:D:D:D:D:D

Yay! Congrats on the house, the baby - and joining us :):):)

• Advertisement

Thanks! my OH didn't believe that there were others like me with christmas on the brain all the time. I think he's afraid the house will look like santas grotto, well maybe a little bit:o

Welcome along, Rookey. :)

I had an almost Christmas baby. She was so tiny, I managed to fit her into a Christmas stocking - as you do! - for a photograph.

I hope that admission doesn't get me arrested :eek:

now there's an idea! putting thoughts in my head now!

Thanks Posy:D

Mayo Gurl wrote: »
    I had an almost Christmas baby. She was so tiny, I managed to fit her into a Christmas stocking - as you do! - for a photograph.

I hope that admission doesn't get me arrested :eek:
    she must have looked adorable!

Rookey wrote: »
    A new house & a new baby? You're gonna be a busy elf this year! Going to be a Very special Christmas for ye! ;)

she must have looked adorable!

Aw, thank you - she did, and 3 years on she still does. A proper little pixie that knows her own mind!

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭Emcm

Welcome aboard Rookey I am a newbie too but feel like I am among like minded friends now.

What an exciting year for you a house and a baby just wonderful it will be such a special Christmas

• Registered Users Posts: 10,264 ✭✭✭✭Alicat

I haven't been here in months but I just got my first Christmas Decoration and Craft email from Better Homes & Gardens! It says what better time to get started and make sure I'm organised.... My sensible mind is telling me, "No, you crazy woman! It's the middle of summer! It's roasting!" However, my inner Christmas Fairy is squealing with delight :pac:

Alicat wrote: »
    "No, you crazy woman! It's the middle of summer! It's roasting!"
    Don't worry. You learn to ignore the voices in your head telling you such things and soon you will be singing Jingle Bells in June with the rest of us. :pac:

• Advertisement

This time 5 months the sleigh will be loaded, the red nose double-checked for light, hooves polished....we can officially countdown on one hand now! Yay!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Now with that very distracting heatwave is over I'm already looking forward to the summer holidays ending and having all the kids back in school, X-Factor back on the screens, Autumn setting in, the dark evenings creeping back in... ih yes indeed the countdown is well and truely on now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭Love2love

Loughc wrote: »
    Now with that very distracting heatwave is over I'm already looking forward to the summer holidays ending and having all the kids back in school, X-Factor back on the screens, Autumn setting in, the dark evenings creeping back in... ih yes indeed the countdown is well and truely on now.

It's crazy to think X factor starts in 4 weeks!! I think everyone uses X factor as a countdown to Christmas!

Posy wrote: »
    Don't worry. You learn to ignore the voices in your head telling you such things and soon you will be singing Jingle Bells in June with the rest of us. :pac:
    .....Couldn't have put it better if I tried.....

• Registered Users Posts: 14,274 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Love2love wrote: »
    It's crazy to think X factor starts in 4 weeks!! I think everyone uses X factor as a countdown to Christmas!

So true! Sad but true! :-P

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

leahyl wrote: »
    So true! Sad but true! :-P

This year I might add 1 Christmas decoration no matter how small to the sitting room every week when xfactor is on and see how it's looking come the end of the series haha! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭Love2love

Loughc wrote: »
    This year I might add 1 Christmas decoration no matter how small to the sitting room every week when xfactor is on and see how it's looking come the end of the series haha! :D

I actually think this is a brilliant idea!! I think I will have to do this also...... Well, as much as my other half allows :P

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 66 ✭✭corklad12

Just saw this on youtube, there starting there promo videos so it won't be long now until it's begins and a lot of peope's weekly countdown can begin.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭Tindie

corklad12 wrote: »
    Just saw this on youtube, there starting there promo videos so it won't be long now until it's begins and a lot of peope's weekly countdown can begin.

Good show, the show as past it's sell by date, No Matt in there, is shocking, it the only decent winner past 4 years lol

I hate it when they get Xmas numbers 1

I not seen the last 2 years but I know who the winner are,

You know song loved to Xmas number 1 , Will never happen, that would be the perfect Xmas present ,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aa22MBGkl9o :D :P

• Advertisement

I am loving your signature Tindie! :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement