Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Open the selection box- Christmas Forum Chat Thread

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 2,587 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mystery Egg

Missed my bus home and I'm crying my eyes out in a coffee shop.

I'm so, so sorry this happened to you. That is so awful. :(

This happened to my husband and he got every penny back from the bank - the banks are insured against fraud so please God you will get every penny back.

When you go home, plan some nice things, preferably with a friend or loved one, to console you and cheer you up. Hug.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 479 ✭✭In Lonesome Dove

Alicat and Mystery Egg, thank you for your lovely kind words and comfort. I'm home now. Standing at the pass machine earlier today was a huge shock. It's dampener to the least. I didn't have a lot in the account but it was money that I needed all the same and to find a huge whack of money gone. The whole account wasn't drained which was something and the theif left something small for me but I can't even get to that because my card is cancelled and I don't know if I'll be able to get to the bank on Monday or Tuesday. I hope the bank will refund me like your husband Mystery Egg. I hope people who go about defrauding people and banks like this fall down and break their holes and may their balls catch fire.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭carolinespring

In Lonesome Dove, so sorry you are having such a crap time. I hope you and your family have a wonderful Christmas

All my Christmas presents bought and now beautifully wrapped. Still have not had time to put up the Christmas tree but tomorrow without a doubt and main food shopping on Monday. It's starting to feel a lot like Christmas!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭eskimocat

HI all, long time no see..
    Just popped in for a look after a crazy few weeks, well month really and I see that I have missed loads of news :O

Congratulations to our Boards.ie/Christmas couple! I love a good romance, and its a lovely time of year for a proposal. I wish you both a lifetime of happiness.

Welcome to the world our newest boardsie too.. Congratulations to Whispered and family on the arrival of her little 'cuddly cherub'!

Lonesome Dove, that was a truly rotten thing to happen so close to Christmas. I hope that you get things sorted very soon. Try to enjoy Christmas despite this setback and best wishes for 2015..

To the rest of the boardsies... love the trees, we really do have some creative geniuses on here! Keep up the good work. I'll try to get my offerings online before Christmas is out.

Enjoying reading the threads, keep up the good work all. Merry Christmas to you all, counting tonight we have only 5 more sleeps :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭amor3

Guys, just wondering if any of you spotted a Christmas duvet cover from dunnes? I've tried tallaght and lucan branches. I got my son one and then realised i should have got one for my daughter when she is old enough to go into a bed ... aarrhhhhh!

All my Christmas food shopping done, just have to pick up the turkey. Presents all wrapped and under the tree. house clean, guest beds made up, just to change ours on Christmas eve.

Plus it's my birthday today and my wonderful husband took me out for a surprise breakfast this morning, spoiled me with presents and a early dinner in my fav place. He has also surprised me with a day out shopping for clothes for me tomorrow, followed by dinner and a movie. So going to hit the hay before my big trip to the city!! Need to be well rested for the shopping.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,994 ✭✭✭DenMan

All my Christmas food shopping done, just have to pick up the turkey. Presents all wrapped and under the tree. house clean, guest beds made up, just to change ours on Christmas eve.

Plus it's my birthday today and my wonderful husband took me out for a surprise breakfast this morning, spoiled me with present and a early dinner in my fav place. He has also surprised me with a day out shopping for clothes for me tomorrow, followed by dinner and a movie. So going to hit the day before my big trip to the city!! Need to be well rested for the shopping.

Happy Birthday! :)

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭Scarinae

Congratulations to Loughc and Jwacqui, what a wonderful time of the year to get engaged!

And welcome to Whispered's new baby as well, your family will have such a special Christmas with the new arrival!

In Lonesome Dove, I'm so sorry about what happened to you and I hope that the bank are able to sort it out quickly for you and that things are looking more positive than they were a few days ago.

Happy birthday carolinespring!

I'm back from my travels and arrived in to Dublin last night. While they do know it is Christmas in Africa apparently (I even heard Do They Know It's Christmas, Ebola Edition, on the radio a few times!), it doesn't feel very Christmassy to me because it is too hot - it is very strange pulling into a petrol station in a scorching desert and seeing the attendants wearing Santa hats - so it interrupted my normal Christmas buildup. It's lovely getting in to Dublin and seeing the big 'Fáilte abhaile' :)

My Mum has left one of the trees undecorated, even though it's practically Christmas, because she knows how much I love doing it :) My sister and I are going to open a tin of Roses later, drink some Baileys and blast Christmas FM while we decorate it!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,563 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Welcome home!! :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

All food and present shopping is done. Annnnnnd relax!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,952 ✭✭✭funnights74

Channel 4 The Snowman !!!!!!! ( - :

• Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭polydactyl

Thank flip I had the shopping done as in Temple St with my 9m old since Sunday and just hoping and praying we are let out by Christmas. It's our first as a family and I don't want to spend it on a ward. As it is all my plans for making nibbles etc have gone by the way side.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 481 ✭✭Deenie123

polydactyl wrote: »
    Thank flip I had the shopping done as in Temple St with my 9m old since Sunday and just hoping and praying we are let out by Christmas. It's our first as a family and I don't want to spend it on a ward. As it is all my plans for making nibbles etc have gone by the way side.

Hope the little one is okay and gets better soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,971 ✭✭✭SarahLil

polydactyl wrote: »

Wishing your little one a speedy recovery

• Registered Users Posts: 1,008 ✭✭✭gidget

So I've a little confession to make!

My house has already made a start on the Christmas goodies, by opening a tin of Quality Street on Sunday! Normally the goodies wouldn't be touched till Christmas Day.

In my defence we did have visitors over & since we haven't gotten the big food shop in just yet, we made do with some tea & sweets which they were rather pleased with as was I as I haven't stopped dipping in every time I've had a cuppa in my hand :)

I've also been sick since Thurs so today was the first day I ventured out even though I'm still not 100% Had to get my nana's pressie, got my nails done & got something nice to wear for Christmas Day, was nice walking about town though with all the Christmas hustle & bustle that we're all so used to each year!

Polydactyl hope your little one makes a speedy recovery!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 389 ✭✭micromary

I love Christmas. Cannot wait to relax, unwind and eat and drink myself silly.

Don't have much time for new year but coming up to and Christmas Day is special!!

Happy Christmas everyone:)

• Registered Users Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

i have to confess with all the bad news stories and the exceptional mild weather....i'm finding it hard to get into the christmas spirit....just feel meh

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

It's CHRISTMAS EVE!!!! Yayyyyyyy!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭Mountain Rescue

Finally only one more sleep to Christmas day,going out for our traditional fry up this morning a little bit of shopping and home to Charlie and the chocolate factory and maybe love actually,I love Christmas eve:-):-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,952 ✭✭✭funnights74

So Mr Claus has left the North Pole and is making his way around the Globe. You can follow his progress here.

http://www.noradsanta.org

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 2,587 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mystery Egg

My cake! :pac:

26v7d.jpg

Looks amazing!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

I came out of the shower to find a present on the landing. My husband bought me Christmas jammies because I wore the ones I bought a few weeks back already and he thought I should have new, unworn ones for Christmas Eve. :D I'm definitely feeling Christmassy now!

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭emmagination

Merry Christmas Eve! It's my birthday today so I've already had the fun of receiving presents a whole day before the main event!

In my Dad's house now, drinking wine and waiting for our take away to arrive!

Happy birthday Emma!

Dinner prep is done and takeaway consumed time to throw on Frozen on DVD and relax with a drink or two!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,008 ✭✭✭gidget

It's finally here! Merry Christmas everyone :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,849 ✭✭✭Cork Lass

Merry Christmas one and all.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,563 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

IT'S HERE!!! :D

Happy Christmas guys!!!

• Advertisement

Merry Christmas everyone!! I hope Santy is good to ye all. Eat loads be merry and enjoy the season!!

Thanks again to each person who contributes to the best forum on boards!! Have a great one!! :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement