Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Open the selection box- Christmas Forum Chat Thread

Options

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭Scarinae

In my local Tesco here in London - prob not quite worth the price of a trip for you! Those Cadbury snowmen are like crack to me and they're selling them for 12p each

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Scarinae wrote: »
    In my local Tesco here in London - prob not quite worth the price of a trip for you! Those Cadbury snowmen are like crack to me and they're selling them for 12p each

My local Tesco came up trumps last week for Discounted Chocolate, I was worried I was missing out on another source haha!

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

So this Red Robin thingy, multiple people can answer each question? And then once midnight comes anyone can ask the next one?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

So this Red Robin thingy, multiple people can answer each question? And then once midnight comes anyone can ask the next one?

Correct :)

You can go ahead and answer today's question and then like the countdown after midnight first person to post a question will have the question of the day anyone and as many people can answer.

Cool, thanks. :)

• Advertisement

I lit my Feliz Navidad candle tonight for awhile. I'm rationing it so that I'll have it for ages.

Got more discounted Christmas chocolate in Tescos this morning. Festive spirit lives on haha.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,563 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

I had Christmas pudding for dessert tonight and I'm now munching on a selection box. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭WittyNameForMe

Countdown to Christmas calendar :D

Kind of like a year long advent calendar except you count down the weeks not days.

334491.jpg

http://www.notonthehighstreet.com/thelittleboysroom/product/countdown-to-christmas-calendar

I love the idea behind it but it's very expensive for what it is. €42 including p&p when you convert it to euro.

You could probably make one for cheaper haha.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭WittyNameForMe

Loughc wrote: »
    I love the idea behind it but it's very expensive for what it is. €42 including p&p when you convert it to euro.

You could probably make one for cheaper haha.

Yeah it is expensive alright. There is a lot of nice stuff on that site but all equally expensive.

If theres ever a need for some Christmas cheer it's today. The weather today is shocking. So miserable, and on top of that it's Monday. :(

Uuuuuuurgh. Couldn't agree more, Loughc.
    To top if off, I got very little sleep last night, so I'm wrecked. :/

Posy wrote: »
    Uuuuuuurgh. Couldn't agree more, Loughc.
    To top if off, I got very little sleep last night, so I'm wrecked. :/

Same, I got about 4 hours sleep! I really hope the rumours of snow this week are true that would add some must needed festive feelings!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭snowgal

agreed!! I think today is nearly worse than last week for somw reason, now Im really wishing it was still christmas :( but yes, we might have snow this week, and as per username this makes me happy!!:) (I also just had a strawberry jelly sweet that I had left at work on Friday so thats good)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 430 ✭✭scream

Yep, finding it increasing difficult as each week comes and goes now. I was only nodding off at 2.30am when I was woken by my wife shrieking. Our cat had brought a mouse in so I had to go rescue it. I had no chance of sleeping from then on. And to top it all off, I pretty much polished off the last remnants of Christmas booze last night, so that was extra depressing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,971 ✭✭✭SarahLil

I am house bound the last few days had a flu, then an asthma flare up, last night was the first full nights sleep since about last Wednesday, I have to check back in with work tomorrow at least make an attempt to go into the office I can just imagine what is waiting for me😔. Work load is ridiculous at the minute.

SarahLil wrote: »
    I am house bound the last few days had a flu, then an asthma flare up, last night was the first full nights sleep since about last Wednesday, I have to check back in with work tomorrow at least make an attempt to go into the office I can just imagine what is waiting for me��. Work load is ridiculous at the minute.

Best thing to do is break the work load into little parts, do a to-do list and tick off as you're getting through the work, the sight of the ticks will help motivate you to get through the balance.

I LOVE to-do lists!!

I try to write one thing on it that I've already done, so I can tick something off straight away. :o

Loughc wrote: »
    Best thing to do is break the work load into little parts, do a to-do list and tick off as you're getting through the work, the sight of the ticks will help motivate you to get through the balance.

Thanks Loughc for he advice, lists are a speciality of mine, (actually planning a 50th birthday too for family so lots on that list) I will try get through work, I just feeling a tad taken for granted and over worked unfortunately it is taking its toll on my health, I could go on into more detail but I won't thanks again

• Advertisement

Posy wrote: »
    I LOVE to-do lists!!

I try to write one thing on it that I've already done, so I can tick something off straight away. :o

I do the same! :D

Every little helps! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,713 ✭✭✭BabysCoffee

I think I might start my Christmas shopping this weekend!

I think I might start my Christmas shopping this weekend!

I actually have one in already, I am contemplating getting another,
    this year I would like to have a big box and put all the gifts I pick up all throughout the year in it, I find I end up hiding them around the place and not being able to find them

Happy Shopping

• Registered Users Posts: 3,545 ✭✭✭tunguska

Just saw a house with Christmas tree still up...... Second one today. #keepingitcrimbo

I overheard a woman talking to her friend about Christmas and saying 'It's all back to normal now, thank God!' I wanted to tell her that she was using 'thank God' wrong.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭Scarinae

I overheard a woman talking to her friend about Christmas and saying 'It's all back to normal now, thank God!' I wanted to tell her that she was using 'thank God' wrong.
    Clearly she meant to say “It’s all back to normal now, thank god I am a robot who feels neither the joy of December nor the dreariness of January.”

Her battery probably ran out before she could finish the sentence.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,986 ✭✭✭philstar

christmas fm is still online?? how long does it stay broadcasting?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,952 ✭✭✭funnights74

philstar wrote: »
    christmas fm is still online?? how long does it stay broadcasting?

It broadcasts online all year around. It only goes on fm in the run up to christmas.

Scarinae wrote: »
    Clearly she meant to say “It’s all back to normal now, thank god I am a robot who feels neither the joy of December nor the dreariness of January.”

Her battery probably ran out before she could finish the sentence.
    Literally LOLed at this. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,363 ✭✭✭washiskin

Hey fellow elves, the Christmas lights are still up in Burssels :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement