Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Open the selection box- Christmas Forum Chat Thread

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,563 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Mainland Europe usually have lights up until the end of January. I was in Poland in late January a few years ago and all their Christmas street lights were still on. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,713 ✭✭✭BabysCoffee

Really enjoyed my tree this year - think it will go up on the weekend before the 1st of December this year

• Registered Users Posts: 14,274 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

My mum bought 4 big rolls of wrapping paper in Aldi today - 45c each!!

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

I miss MTV XMAS but MTV Classic is a good substitute. Just had a bit of a dance to Ooh Aah Just a Little Bit.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

I miss MTV XMAS but MTV Classic is a good substitute. Just had a bit of a dance to Ooh Aah Just a Little Bit.

I badly miss MTV XMAS it made for great background noise and festive viewing.

• Advertisement

Loughc wrote: »
    I badly miss MTV XMAS it made for great background noise and festive viewing.

And it had very few songs that I hated. I'm slowly realising that 1996 and 1997 weren't as good for music as I thought. :D

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

And it had very few songs that I hated. I'm slowly realising that 1996 and 1997 weren't as good for music as I thought. :D

Hahaha, you can't beat the 90s for some cheezy pop tho, Roll on November when I get my Christmas music channels back haha.

90s music is the best music. (After Christmas music, obviously!) Although I suppose everyone thinks the music they grew up with was the best. Everyone is wrong though, unless they grew up in the 90s. :pac:

You'll just have to find a Christmas playlist on YouTube and stick it on the TV if you can. Like MTV XMAS without the ads!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,971 ✭✭✭SarahLil

Really enjoyed my tree this year - think it will go up on the weekend before the 1st of December this year

Just checked the calendar I think I will put mine up the last weekend in November, I had 3 trees to decorate this year mine, my mams and help my favourite little guy my cousins kid, it took it out of me so I think il start mine in November and enjoy it in the build up to everything

I picked up another two presents the weekend my local pharmacy had great deals,

80s music is the best music. (After Christmas music, obviously!)
    Fixed your post there. :p

• Advertisement

I'm hoping my fellow elves can help me out here, I recently dusted off my kindle and started reading again, is there a Christmas/Festive themed book out there worth reading? Excluding A Christmas Carol, I love the book, but have read it numerous times.

I'd love to find some Christmas books too. I lost my Kindle though. Stupid thing obviously grew legs and ran away.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,008 ✭✭✭gidget

Was stuck in traffic on a very slow & packed bus yesterday evening & one of the other passengers had Mariah Carey's " All I want for Christmas " set as her ring tone, she got a fair few calls too!

This day 11 months to the big day. This day 9 months until the countdown really kicks off. :D

I'm having chicken and ham and stuffing for dinner today since it's a month since Christmas! :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 430 ✭✭scream

Loughc wrote: »
    This day 11 months to the big day. This day 9 months until the countdown really kicks off. :D

Hooray! That's no time at all. Time flies.

There are kids out on the road having a snowball fight and they've just taken the snow from our front wall. Noooooo that's my snow! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭amor3

There are kids out on the road having a snowball fight and they've just taken the snow from our front wall. Noooooo that's my snow! :eek:

I thought i was the only one to get upset over this! I have been know to give a great big bang on my front window if the kids from the road are in my garden "robbing my snow!

amor3 wrote: »
    I thought i was the only one to get upset over this! I have been know to give a great big bang on my front window if the kids from the road are in my garden "robbing my snow!

They made my wall look naked compared to everywhere else. :(

Thanks to a glorious mistake, FM104 played a Lidl 'One week to Christmas' ad. :D

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭Scarinae

So my parents met my boyfriend's parents for the first time over the weekend, they had them over for lunch... Neither myself nor my boyfriend was present as we both live abroad.

My Mum texted me on Saturday morning going "Do you think they'll mind that the Christmas tree is still up?"

• Advertisement

I mentioned the Christmas forum to someone on Saturday night. I don't think they really understood the concept of posting about Christmas all year round. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 732 ✭✭✭ynul31f47k6b59

I still have my Christmas star curtain lights up in the kitchen - I genuinely think my husband just either hasn't noticed or he doesn't care - anyway, they are glorious :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,274 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

How goes it Christmas nuts?! Haven't been these parts for a few weeks now! Happy to see that all is in order and ye are still discussing the festive season :pac:

Season's greetings, Leahyl!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭kitten_k

Sitting having coffee and mince pies, yum!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭bladespin

kitten_k wrote: »
    mince pies, yum!

Can't find them anywhere now :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭kitten_k

I had them left over from Xmas, forgot I had them. Was a nice surprise to come across them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,358 ✭✭✭Into The Blue

bladespin wrote: »
    Can't find them anywhere now :mad:

Make some

• Registered Users Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭bladespin

Make some

Still on the new year's health buzz but if I was to make a 'cough', slightly regrettable impulse buy .....

• Advertisement

My mother showed me a copy book that she found recently that I had when I was in senior infants. I had words with her about this page.

7Ujun0g.jpg

16th of December and no decorations up?? :eek:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement