Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Open the selection box- Christmas Forum Chat Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Ah crap, it's sideways.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,563 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

I rotated it. :)

And I don't blame you for having words!! She should have burned the copybook with such incriminating evidence concealed within it! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,008 ✭✭✭gidget

Well i certainly arrived home from work to find the unexpected. A christmas card that had been sent from my Aunt in England, she put the wrong postcode on it so it seems it must of done a nationwide journey in order to arrive to me today, still had to smile all the same.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

44 weeks!!! Yay!!! :D

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 430 ✭✭scream

I'd love a weekly countdown for my phone, but can only seem to find daily ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,274 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Can't believe we're nearly into March, scary stuff

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Very scary!! Planning my summer holiday at the moment and once that's done it's time to focus on the buildup haha.

It's great in one way but time goes too quick in other ways!

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭emmagination

I've found the older I've gotten the faster time goes!

We'll probably be planning our holidays soon enough, won't be going until August / September. Christmas won't feel so far away after that! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭kitten_k

Just seen mince pies in Supervalu Walkinstown

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,994 ✭✭✭DenMan

This time 10 months it's Christmas Eve. :D

Was just reading this bit of wishful thinking. If the World Cup is on in the run up to Christmas I don't think I'll be able to handle the excitement of both at once.

Was just reading this bit of wishful thinking. If the World Cup is on in the run up to Christmas I don't think I'll be able to handle the excitement of both at once.

It would be so weird to have the build up to Christmas and the World Cup on at the same time, advertisers will not be best pleased as instead of having two events to market/advertise towards they'll have to combine the two.

I love the World Cup and Football in general so I can't wait. I wonder how far in advance can I book Annual Leave? :pac:

I love it too. It wont be the same having it in winter but as long as I get to watch it I'll get over it.

I dare you to ask for time off in December 2022!

All I was thinking of when I heard about the World Cup was "what about Christmas?! People mightn't get home to their families on time to celebrate it"! :pac:

leahyl wrote: »
    All I was thinking of when I heard about the World Cup was "what about Christmas?! People mightn't get home to their families on time to celebrate it"! :pac:

The final is scheduled for a December 23rd date, meaning alot of airlines are going to be extremely busy on the 24th, especially for the two nations in the Final!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,008 ✭✭✭gidget

Was doing a bit of tv surfing late last night & stopped on one of the QVC channels who were advertising Festive candles, never too early for this kind of stuff!

Happy March ya'll!

1st day of March, less than 300 days to go. We are beginning to motor on! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,351 ✭✭✭Littlehorny

Loughc wrote: »
    Happy March ya'll!

1st day of March, less than 300 days to go. We are beginning to motor on! :D

I just posted on facebook that i was going to get the christmas tree down as its looking like christmas day out with all the snow here. :)

This year is absolutely flying by.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 430 ✭✭scream

Hooray, The Wizard of Oz is on, Channel 4. Must be Christmas is it? :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,358 ✭✭✭Into The Blue

This year is absolutely flying by.

I've a project dead line for the end of April... Felt like ages away not so long ago, but it's only next month!!!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,563 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

I have an exam in May... felt like aaaaages away; now I'm getting the feeling that it's going to creep up on me! :eek:

• Moderators Posts: 24,367 ✭✭✭✭ChewChew

There's a little coffee shop I pass every day on the way to work and they still have a tree and decorations in their window :D makes my commute easier when I get stopped right outside it :D

Honestly can't believe it's Patricks Day next week! Feel like I'm just floating along at the moment; time is passing so quickly! :eek:

leahyl wrote: »
    Honestly can't believe it's Patricks Day next week! Feel like I'm just floating along at the moment; time is passing so quickly! :eek:

It's scary how quick the time is going!!

Once we go past Paddy's Day we've pretty much made our way through a quarter of the year already! :eek:

Then the second Quarter has Easter and the Start of Summer.

The Third Quarter has Summer and Schools Starting back.

And well... we all know what happens come the 4th Quarter. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭mark26ireland

Loughc wrote: »
    It's scary how quick the time is going!!

Once we go past Paddy's Day we've pretty much made our way through a quarter of the year already! :eek:

Then the second Quarter has Easter and the Start of Summer.

The Third Quarter has Summer and Schools Starting back.

And well... we all know what happens come the 4th Quarter. :D

We sure do.................... HALLOWEEEEEEEEEN!!!!! Haha

The Eurovision is on in May so I'm hoping that the year will continue to fly so I can watch that!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,810 ✭✭✭Jude13

Ah im getting excited. I may be moving back to Europe this year and will have a more Christmasy Christmas.

I used to love the smell of the bonfires when I was growing up, sadly there are none aroundwhere I used to live in Dublin anymore

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,358 ✭✭✭Into The Blue

Jude13 wrote: »
    I used to love the smell of the bonfires when I was growing up, sadly there are none aroundwhere I used to live in Dublin anymore

Start your own!! Ive a mattress here i could do with getting rid of

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement