Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Open the selection box- Christmas Forum Chat Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,810 ✭✭✭Jude13

Its not the same in the desert. I have my fingers crossed that I will be back in Europe by Halloween and will celebrate in style. Ditto for Christmas, I plan to hit a few markets this Christmas

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭Scarinae

I was in Edinburgh this weekend and randomly stumbled across a Christmas shop! I walked in and the woman behind the counter said Merry Christmas, I was actually like :D:D:D

Unluckily for me, but probably luckily for my bank balance, I was restricted by the size of my carry-on bag so I only bought one decoration and some napkins

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭emmagination

Oooh I'm going to Edinburgh on Thursday - I'd forgotten about the Christmas shop over there! Thanks for the reminder :D

Oooh I'm going to Edinburgh on Thursday - I'd forgotten about the Christmas shop over there! Thanks for the reminder :D

Don't bother bringing any clothes for the weekend, just bring an empty suitcase so you can fill it up at the shop :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

I have a real Christmassy feeling today. Probably because I keep forgetting what day it is.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

I have a real Christmassy feeling today. Probably because I keep forgetting what day it is.

Between the frost this morning, not knowing what day it fully was and the dread of going back to work after an extended break it really felt like the Christmas Season this morning. Also we're now another holiday closer to the big one :)

I heard Caravan of Love by the Housemartins when I was out for dinner last night. It's one of those non-Christmas songs that I always associate with Christmas. I was very excited.

The clocks are going forward this weekend. I can't believe it's that time of year already. Then we just have the summer and it's back to planning for Christmas again. \o/

And Easter is soon too. Christmas Lite.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,564 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Only 9 months to the big day today! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,647 ✭✭✭Day Lewin

I used to follow a website that called the 25th of every month a "Rudolph Day" - for memories or plans, or shopping or stockpiling, or reviewing your stuff in the attic etc. It pays off!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

If you have the Christmas FM app on your phone, they're still streaming Christmas music on a loop.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Posy wrote: »
    Only 9 months to the big day today! :)

We're only a baby away :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,351 ✭✭✭Littlehorny

I was asked to move all the Christmas decorations in work from an attic to an office that is not being used, there was almost a full van load of them and the first thing that entered my head while doing it was this thread! :)

You could decorate that office and rent it out to us :P

Then an office room not being used is now a money maker hello promotion! :pac:

Happy Easter/Christmas Lite!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,351 ✭✭✭Littlehorny

Gonna cook turkey, ham, stuffing and bread sauce today, in other words- the FULL CHRISTMAS WORKS! can't wait :)

Hope everyone had a great Easter! Back to work yet again! Hopefully there isn't long until your next break and we do have a bank holiday coming up in May for those of you lucky enough to get the bank holidays off! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭kitten_k

Today felt so long in work!

I have booked the Friday before and the Tuesday after the May bank holiday off to make it extra long. Then heading away for 10 days at the end of May .......... So roll on May!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,564 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Loving the weather right now. It really seems to cheer people up. :)

• Advertisement

That's brilliant!

kitten_k wrote: »

When are we leaving haha!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭milli milli

Hello Christmas peeps!

I used to frequent this board all the time, but I suppose life got in the way and I wasn't on it as much as I liked.
    Anyway how is everyone?

Today (my day off) I've decided to make a list of things I'd like to do at Christmas that I don't get around to do. I figure if I plan early, it can be done.

1. Make a list of Christmas films to watch.
    I'm ashamed to say there are a few classics I've never gotten around to watching - but this will change this year! I'll probably watch them out of season!
    If anyone would like to offer suggestions, that would be great!

2. Make an advent calendar. Observe the countdown to Christmas during these 4 weeks.

3. Finish reading A Christmas Carol. Unfortunately I'm one of those people with lots of half read books.

4. Make scandi cushions for my couch.
    Again I'll probably achieve this out of season.

I'm sure there's more things, but that will do for now. Maybe if I make a list of Christmas films, I can start watching them from now until the big day!

Hey milli milli, welcome back :)

I love your list, I guarantee there is enough Christmas movies to last you fro now until Christmas if you watch one per week :)

We might start a movie club here on the forum for us to watch and review the Christmas Classics!

Sounds like a good idea Loughc

Loughc wrote: »
    We might start a movie club here on the forum for us to watch and review the Christmas Classics!

I'd be up for that! There are loads of classics I haven't seen (It's a Wonderful Life, National Lampoon's Christmas) and loads I haven't seen in years (Home Alone, Santa Claus)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,358 ✭✭✭Into The Blue

Loughc wrote: »

Me first,

Scrooged........ deadly.
    That is all.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,363 ✭✭✭washiskin

A Christmas Story, Holiday Inn/White Christmas & Bad Santa, but the latter is NOT for kids:)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,713 ✭✭✭BabysCoffee

My fave Christmas Film has to be The Family Stone - think I will watch it this weekend

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,274 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Was just thinking of this lovely forum yesterday :) Was on my way home from a run and the sky was really dark, as if it were about it lash rain, and I was just thinking that it felt really Christmassy, as if I were on my way home on a cold winters evening and I thought to myself "I must go on the Christmas forum and tell this tomorrow". :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement